Episode 116 - Atheism Explained
Posted: 27 February 2012 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2011-06-14

Atheism … what’s it all about? Are atheists necessarily militant and doctrinaire as popular prejudice often assumes? Or is atheism a reasonable position on the question whether God exists, one rooted in a scientific and naturalistic view of the world?

On August 9, 2009, Center for Inquiry philosopher John Shook addressed this issue at a program sponsored by the Center for Inquiry – Michigan in Grand Rapids. It was titled “Atheism Explained.”

Shook is now director of education and senior research fellow at the Center for Inquiry.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/centerstage/episodes/episode_116_-_atheism_explained

Posted: 28 February 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-02-16

I am listening to this episode given by Dr. Shook and would like to benefit from the handout that was given at the meeting. Would it be possible to send me a copy of the handout that Dr. Shook mentions during the meeting?

Thanks!

Posted: 28 February 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2011-06-14

I’ve updated the episode description to include a link to the handout in .doc format in case any other listeners are also looking for it. Thanks for asking!

Posted: 28 February 2012 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-02-16

It was a pain trying to copy all of this off the podcast. It is a nice summary of Dr. Shook’s talk and arranged very concisely. Thanks for posting it!

Posted: 29 February 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

Thanks for that, Matthew.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos