2 of 2
white Gift
Posted: 01 March 2012 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3330
Joined  2011-11-04
asanta - 29 February 2012 11:31 PM

You didn’t address George’s comment about lactose intolerance. I’m thinking a majority of the muslim population is lactose intolerant after infancy.

Does it make a difference if it is the child’s mother’s milk?  If I recall correctly the Quran indicates that a child should be breastfed the 1st two years of life.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 01 March 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2012-02-16

Lactose Intolerance:

Most mammals - after weaning- lose the ability to produce lactase and thereby split the disaccharide lactose into its monosaccharide components.  Thus those people who retain the ability to produce lactase into adulthood should perhaps be considered to be the exception rather than the rule.

Lactose is cleaved by lactase in the small intestine where it is absorbed.  However, if you don’t have lactase, then the lactose passes into the large intestine where the bacteria there have a big party with it, make a lot of gas, and in general have a real ball causing discomfort to their human host.
TT.

Signature 

If your belief is true, the data will confirm it.  If your belief is false, then you need faith to believe it.
Religions that demand respect the most - are the religions that merit respect the least.
If you are offended by attacks on your religion, then your religion has programmed you well.

2 of 2