Episode 001
Posted: 29 February 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  170
Joined  2009-06-02

It’s the first episode of The Human Bible! Join host Robert Price as he answers listeners’ questions and delves into amusing, peculiar, and puzzling issues in regular segments like “Prophetic Scorecard” and “Is That in the Bible?!”

We’ll cover everything from the Q Source (including explaining what the heck that means) to that one time God wanted to kill Moses for having a foreskin. It’s not to be missed!

http://www.thehumanbible.net/episode_001/

Posted: 29 February 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-29

This was a great beginning to what I hope will be a successful show. I really liked the format with a mix of the standard “Bible Geek” Q&A along with set segments.

Posted: 01 March 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Been looking forward to this. I have not listened yet but will this weekend. Wow, 3 podcasts to keep up with now. Where will I find the time? (Good problem to have though!)

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 06 April 2012 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I just happened to scroll down and saw this podcast. I did not know Robert Price had a new Bible podcast. This is a venue made for his unique knowledge set. While I have always enjoyed hearing Price as a guest interviewed about biblical issues, I never like him as an interviewer on POI. Thanks, I shall subscribe.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 07 April 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

I love the podcast. Thanks!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 18 December 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2010-11-21

This is interesting. I look forward to listening to the rest of them.

I disagree with the theory that the evidence sought in the Old Testament regarding the messiah of the Jews was an afterthought though. This only makes better sense when you assume that the meaning of Jesus’ function of sacrifice was only one of a paschal lamb. In this case, which is the modern adaptation of Jesus to most Christians, appears to have no certain connection with the previous messiah of the Old Testament. So the conclusions drawn is based on assuming that there was no sufficient reason. Therefore, any justification on a previous prediction is an afterthought meant to add legitimacy.

I think that the original Jesus movement meant to convey that Jesus was the Messiah of the Old Testament as predicted from the start. His function was to comfort the potential followers from the devastating conclusion of the Fall of Mankind from the story of Adam and Eve which explained why mankind is cursed to a permanent death. There was no after-life for humanity in the aftermath of this. But to a Roman/Greek audience, this is important and requires something akin to their Tartarus which enabled an afterlife for people to redeem their sins and either move to a heaven or return to Earth. Providing a Messiah even though the end-times are not realized as predicted by the Jewish interpretations allowed the new movement to sell the idea that the ‘end-times’ did indeed occur and that Jesus “saved” mankind by providing the heaven that they can go to when they parish.

I think that the movement was a Jewish idea to incorporate themselves into Roman/Greek society by redressing Judaism to be friendly to everybody. They likely brought pieces of what were real events from a few of the best of the best Jewish heroes of recent times but were characters who were infamous and notorious to the Roman ears and created the one character. It seems reasonable that Jesus was the the redressed heroes and milieu of the Jewish-Roman wars.

Look up: Jewish-Roman Wars, Jewish Revolts, and Bar Kokhba revolt. (I tried to link them but was considered SPAM)

Signature 

I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Episode 002 ››