2 of 5
Neil de Grasse Tyson at the Office
Posted: 03 March 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

It’s also available to watch instantly on Netflix. I just added it to my instant queue and can’t wait to see the 13 episodes again.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 03 March 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  6166
Joined  2009-02-26

For a general peek into science (including Sagan and deGrasse) this link may be of interest to all. There are 86 pages!

http://science.memebase.com/

and this is truly astounding! The name of the clip is “absolutely everything”.  Entanglement?

http://science.memebase.com/page/7/

[ Edited: 04 March 2012 11:29 PM by Write4U ]
 Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 04 March 2012 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam. - 02 March 2012 05:21 PM

Asanta and McKenzie got to enjoy an evening talk by Tyson a couple of years ago while I sat outside and listened to a local transmission of the last half of it because of the stupid Jetblue airline that had a three hour delay on the flight from Los Angeles to San Francisco. vampire  LOL

Occam

I’m so sorry you went through all the trouble of coming to SF only to miss a wonderful talk. OTOH, it was great meeting you two!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 05 March 2012 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
Mriana - 02 March 2012 09:51 PM

Great video.  I got a laugh out of the Tyson doll.  Too bad he’s married.  :(  I think he’s not only cute, but a brilliantly intelligent man.  His intelligence is sooooo sexy!  LOL  That and how he talks about the universe.  smile

Gee, I have nothing to contribute to this thread, except my drooling over him.  LOL

Hell, I’m a straight man and I drool over him!  LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 05 March 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02
FreeInKy - 05 March 2012 08:07 AM

Great video.  I got a laugh out of the Tyson doll.  Too bad he’s married.  :(  I think he’s not only cute, but a brilliantly intelligent man.  His intelligence is sooooo sexy!  LOL  That and how he talks about the universe.  smile

Gee, I have nothing to contribute to this thread, except my drooling over him.  LOL

LOL  Everything that comes out of his mouth is so intelligent (or at least I think so), which is so sexy.  I envy his wife, because I bet she has the most sensual intellectual conversations with him.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 05 March 2012 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Yeah, I bet he must have a lot of fun explaining his wife the spaghettification effect of a black hole.  cheese

Posted: 05 March 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 05 March 2012 09:58 AM

Yeah, I bet he must have a lot of fun explaining his wife the spaghettification effect of a black hole.  cheese

LOL

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 05 March 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  6166
Joined  2009-02-26

George, you are a real romantic…. confused .

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 05 March 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Write4U - 05 March 2012 10:42 AM

George, you are a real romantic…. confused .

It’s in his genes!  LOL

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 05 March 2012 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

No, it’s my parents’ fault. They never read love poems to me when I was a kid.

Posted: 06 March 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  2011-11-04
Mriana - 05 March 2012 09:49 AM

LOL  Everything that comes out of his mouth is so intelligent (or at least I think so), which is so sexy.  I envy his wife, because I bet she has the most sensual intellectual conversations with him.  smile

Wow, this is getting a little deep.  I am surprised no one has mentioned his cute, perpetually recurring self-conscious smile…
Anyway, he was good on the Bill Maher show the other night.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 06 March 2012 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  4108
Joined  2006-11-28

Tyson was also pretty good on The Daily Show. Especially when he pointed out that the rotating globe in the intro sequence is rotating the wrong way! grin

Signature 

The SkeptVet Blog
You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place. 
Johnathan Swift

Posted: 06 March 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I just heard an interview where he mentioned that the reason that he hasn’t been on Nova recently is because he’s on hiatus while he and the two producers of the Sagan show are working on a series in the format of and to follow on Sagan’s ideas.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 06 March 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02
TimB - 06 March 2012 10:57 AM
Mriana - 05 March 2012 09:49 AM

Wow, this is getting a little deep.  I am surprised no one has mentioned his cute, perpetually recurring self-conscious smile…
Anyway, he was good on the Bill Maher show the other night.

He is cute, but that’s not what turns me on when I see and hear him.  I find the brain, esp when one shows intelligence and that they are well educated, the sexiest part of the body, esp if they can involve a woman intellectually.  There is just something about an intellectually stimulating conversation or what have you, concerning a man, that I find very attractive.  During such conversations, if one were hooked up to a machine to show this, the brain lights up, much like space, not to mention the colour spectrum on an MRI is almost like space too.  Given that we haven’t mapped the brain as well as other things, it is, IMO, the last frontier, as well as like space, because the chemicals found in us, as Tyson has pointed out in at least one video, are the same chemicals found in the universe.  He’s right too and that’s where the drool factor come is, because if I were to every meet him, I’m sure we could have a very intellectual conversation without his brains going south.  We can share the same awe and wonder together over science and I haven’t even gotten into the 98% genetically like us concerning chimps or other evolutionary subjects he sometimes mentions, but still, such things really excite me, more so than looks, giving me two different thoughts at the same time- the intellectual thoughts and how sexy he is at the same time.  While some women get excited about a cute smile or handsome features, I get excited over the guy’s brain, intelligence, and education, even if it is superior than my education.

[ Edited: 06 March 2012 09:27 PM by Mriana ]
 Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 07 March 2012 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Don’t you get excited about Riker’s cute smile and handsome features, Mriana?  wink

2 of 5