Posted: 07 March 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  82
Joined  2012-03-05
TromboneAndrew - 07 March 2012 01:30 PM
FrenchCurve - 07 March 2012 11:47 AM
TromboneAndrew - 07 March 2012 11:40 AM
FrenchCurve - 07 March 2012 10:53 AM

Please show your evidence or stop the ad homs.

My point behind my previous post was that we already have shown our evidence

Where? You’ve not shown anything of the sort. The religious often enough claim “We do show the evidence…it’s all there in the Bible”... and thereby refusing to show their supposed evidence.

In this very thread, in fact. Which I have stated already. Which is why I recommended that you go back and reread it.

And besides, if you consider what we have said to be ad hominum attacks, then the articles critiquing Bill Nye and Al Gore are exactly the same thing.

Quite wrong. I’m attacking what was done, not attacking Gore or Nye. You can’t see the difference. Too bad.
Let me explain. I said NOTHING about either party. Get it ?

Oh really?

FrenchCurve - 07 March 2012 05:18 AM

Bill Nye The Science Guy narrated Al Gore’s “Climate Reality” show of the “High School Physics experiment”, which he claimed, climate deniers seem unable to comprehend. Climate 101, you see.

It was smooth sailing - until it came to light through Anthony Watts’s diligence, that it was all lies. Yes, lies. A fake. They presented a totally faked little movie.

Watts uncovered the scam and then meticulously recreated the experiment, as Bill Nye advised the kids that they could do.
Everything was faked - and not just faked as it might be to speed things up for TV, but a real fake…their experimental set up never works, cannot work.

Science Guy presents Climate Reality !

Watts reports on the tawdry affair

Readers may recall my previous essay where I pointed out how Mr. Gore’s Climate 101 Video, used in his “24 hours of climate reality”, had some serious credibility issues with editing things to make it appear as if they had actually performed the experiment, when they clearly did not. It has taken me awhile to replicate the experiment. Delays were a combination of acquisition and shipping problems, combined with my availability since I had to do this on nights and weekends. I worked initially using the original techniques and equipment, and I’ve replicated the Climate 101 experiment in other ways using improved equipment. I’ve compiled several videos. My report follows.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/09/28/video-analysis-and-scene-replication-suggests-that-al-gores-climate-reality-project-fabricated-their-climate-101-video-simple-experiment/#more-47926

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/10/18/replicating-al-gores-climate-101-video-experiment-shows-that-his-high-school-physics-could-never-work-as-advertised/

Apologies ? Hardly.

You sure seem to be saying SOMETHNG about the parties. In the same way that you’re attacking what those people did there, we are attacking what you’re doing here. Therefore, if our criticism of your arguments here is ad hominum, so is your criticism of Bill Nye’s (and company) methods. Makes the whole argument pretty useless to define away your own posts along with everyone else’s.

No, that is again a mistake on your part.

I am being called a troll and threatened - without any evidence being presented and the charge proven. I’ve broken no rules. I’ve been polite.

I called no names, and the evidence regarding what I claim about what Nye and Gore did, IS presented.
Sure, you may disagree with me or say I have not proven something, and ask for the proof. That would be entirely legit. I’d be happy to respond, I would not attack you for questioning or stating something negative. You should back it up, though.

Doug has persisted in trying IMO to lure me to talk off topic. He makes the claims with no evidence for support of his claims, and so then seeks to drive me off topic and then make a claim ( as he tried on the tobacco subject ).

This action is unfair and dishonest.

[ Edited: 07 March 2012 02:04 PM by FrenchCurve ]

2 of 2