1 of 2
The Greatest Marketing scheme in America
Posted: 10 March 2012 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

The Greatest Marketing Movement in American History

In 2000 the millennium fear of a crash of our American society triggered by a crash of the internet services across America brought a quiet solution of non activity.  America reeled in the quiet that followed the months of terrorism fears that the nation was vulnerable for a possible destruction from foreign terrorism. 

What on earth could fill the void of tension that simply fizzled out?  The great marketing brain Karl Rove jumped in with a new plan to change the agenda of the Republican Party and give it a new paint job that would sweep in new blood starting with the White House and including all members of Congress.

Mr. Rove and his comrades had to first find a Candidate for the White House who would follow this new agenda and guarantee him a win in the Presidential election.

“Let’s market the churches to vote and remove the separation of church and state and return America to Christian values.”  The new marketing program promised federal grants to the churches as the “Bush New Deal” and added some perks like prohibitions on gay marriages, abortions, birth control and death with dignity.  It was brilliant! 

The Christian churches across America became the most active Lobby in a matter of months.  Governor Bush of Texas won in a flurry of first time Christian voters.  This fit into the “End of Times” scenario throughout the Christian world.  The marketing game included bringing all Americans into salvation by accepting Jesus Christ.  Wow!  Not since the Inquisitions of Europe has this much activity been found.  The weakened Republican Party found their agenda for a new America and if one scratches the surface a New World Order under Jesus Christ.  They couldn’t wait to bomb Iraq and destroy Baghdad that had been the center of civilization. 

The redesign of the Republican Party was done openly and the Party became the new American religion.  The U.S. Constitution is being upgraded to include the words of the New Testament.  A Constitutional Amendment to accept the prohibitions making committing sins, a federal crime is being worked on at this time. 

What is left of the GOP are a bunch of naïve fools who believe they are running as God’s representatives and the most extreme Christian will be crowned as the most Conservative.  Steve Jobs could have not done a better job of marketing an entire new political movement.

The problem is that it is impossible to expose the horrors of this plan.  America is not a Christian nation but a nation based on individual freedoms.  We don’t have to believe in Jesus Christ or even in a God.  At this point in our American civilization we should stand tall for all Americans. 

March of 2012 introduced the lowest of the low of the influence of the religious right and that was a strike against Women’s rights….again.  This is followed by the loss of gay rights to marry and terminally ill Americans the right to die painlessly. 

I have been a patient Republican since Eisenhower and even though I have not liked the chosen candidates in the past, I have had men like Perot to guide us back to our chosen values.  That option is no longer a choice. 

We Republicans are forced up against a brick wall lined in barbed wire under a layer of crosses.  I do not see Republicans as an annoying threat to freedom but a terrorist movement into hell and damnation.  Damnit, I’m a capitalist and my own government screwed up that position through a level of corruption that seems to follow nations who are Christian in their laws. 

I learned as a child that anything done in the name of Jesus Christ is justified.  America takes this as a new low.  The marketing scheme will self-destruct in a flurry of pitting Americans against other Americans.  Nobody wins!

Posted: 10 March 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  2010-04-22

I don’t think that things are quite that dire.

However, I think that the Republican appeal to extreme Christiandom is making the party more and more unviable for the majority of Americans. As a result, I think that the Republican Party is in real danger of self-destruction through a party split along the lines of hard-core religious people versus hardcore libertarians. Their Presidential candidates right now only present candidates of those two ideologies, after all.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 10 March 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2007-08-24

Andrew, I wish I could believe you.  I believe America does best with a two-party system; as each one keeps the other in line.  I tend to lean into the LP but not to the extent of removing Americans from any system.  This is a new stand for the GOP and one that will self-destruct.  All 4 of the candidates have slipped into the evangelical mode.  My greatest fear is that the House and Senate will follow further than they are now.  I want to shake the itshay out of the voters to wake up! 

I have worked in the field of marketing for years, and can appreciate the effort to sink America under this repulsive plan.  The GOP normally plays in their own sand box but now they made it into a litter box.

Posted: 10 March 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1422
Joined  2010-04-22

Has Ron Paul gotten into Evangelical mode lately? He’s usually one of the only ones who actually thinks that the separation between Church and State is valid.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 10 March 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2007-08-24

He is following the new agenda of planning for a Catholic government.  His hands are tied by his commitment to the agenda.  This is the first time the RNC has requested this commitment.  Many of us begged Paul to run as an Independent.  He cannot speak up.

Posted: 10 March 2012 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Two parties would be great! Currently there is only one that is viable. Fortunately, it’s the one I like.  wink

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 10 March 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2007-08-24

Traveler, had you been a stronger party in 2000, Bush would not have taken the prize.  I did not vote for Gore but wrote in Ron Paul.

Posted: 10 March 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Sandy Price - 10 March 2012 11:51 AM

Traveler, had you been a stronger party in 2000, Bush would not have taken the prize.  I did not vote for Gore but wrote in Ron Paul.

That’s too bad. You should have voted for Gore rather than knowingly wasting a vote.

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2007-08-24

Gore was not a strong enough candidate for me.  I am a liberal capitalist and I want to protect my investments.  I had full support of my kids and needed tuition for the University for both girls.  I did not trust Gore to protect my stuff.  I never waste a vote as I vote for the candidate who I trust.  I was a strong Perot supporter in 92.

Posted: 10 March 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Sandy Price - 10 March 2012 01:15 PM

I never waste a vote as I vote for the candidate who I trust.

You did not realize that Ron Paul had no chance at victory? That’s what I meant by wasting the vote - no matter who you trusted.

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2007-08-24

Of course I realize that but it doesn’t mean I won’t vote for him.  My votes are carefully calculated on other parts of the ballot and I refuse to be limited to the same old farts.  Millions of us vote for our ideals and the rest of you can play it safe.  No vote is wasted.

Posted: 10 March 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Sandy Price - 10 March 2012 05:31 PM

Of course I realize that but it doesn’t mean I won’t vote for him.  My votes are carefully calculated on other parts of the ballot and I refuse to be limited to the same old farts.  Millions of us vote for our ideals and the rest of you can play it safe.  No vote is wasted.

I’m not arguing. Obviously your vote is your vote. I traded my vote. Since I live in NY and a democratic president is not at risk, I agreed to vote for Ralph Nader while a person in a red state agreed to vote for Gore. This way I got to help my guy in a red state while the other guy got to add a vote for Nader. The guy from the red state new both that he did not want Bush to win but also wanted to support Nader. Trust was involved, but like I said, Gore was not in trouble in NY.

Signature 

Posted: 10 March 2012 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2007-08-24

I actually want the House and Senate to lose all Republicans due to the religious right setting their agenda.  Without the Congress, the President has a rougher time as has been noted in the Obama first term.  I like the way Ron Paul thinks.  I want a smaller less intrusive government with no interest in redistributing the wealth.  I’ve tangled here at CFI over this redistribution in the past.  I inherited little from my family and I had enormous hopes that my girls could accomplish whatever the boys did all through school.  My husband had been a professor at Berkeley and my younger girl changed her name to prove that she needed no help from a father who had little respect for her.  Both my girls made it all the way with number one grades and great accomplishments.  My husband died with wife number 5 and literally drank himself to death. 

We all have special interests in the elections.  I started in 1953 when I was 21 and gave careful attention to everyone on my ballot.  I’ve lost more than I’ve won but not for a lack of trying.

Posted: 10 March 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2010-10-09

Not so much “re-distributing the wealth”, but simply GETTING THE WEALTHY 1% TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE OF TAXES, which they don’t, and hardly ever have done. Many people with seven- and eight-figure incomes pay hardly any tax - and yet, idiotically, they’re apparently willing to pay tax accountants hundreds of thousands rather than letting the Government have any of it, and to pay lobbyists hundreds of thousands to attempt to strong-arm the Government into reducing their tax rates even further…..

And don’t give me that BS about rich people investing their extra wealth into new commercial enterprises that will employ more people in our own countries (The U.S. and Canada). Mostly, they do nothing of the sort; they pay consultants to figure out ways of increasing profits by employing FEWER people and paying them LESS money. Ever heard of “outsourcing”? - or “union-busting”? - or “asset-stripping”?

This so-called “trickle-down” economics that Reagan and Thatcher loved so much simply does not work, has never worked, and will never work as long as greed rules. At best, it might become “drip-down”; but usually what actually happens is more like “suck-up”.

You say you want a Government that isn’t interested in redistributing wealth. But ALL these Repubs and Neocons, including Ron Paul, ARE interested in redistributing wealth. The thing is, you see, Sandy - and I don’t know why you seem to have such a hard time understanding this - THEY are all interested in redistributing wealth UPWARDS.

Or do you approve of that, for some weird reason?

Theflyingsorcerer.

[ Edited: 10 March 2012 09:05 PM by Theflyingsorcerer ]

Posted: 10 March 2012 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14

Sandy, I like your fervor.  If I could politely suggest that you take a closer look at your fear of “losing your stuff”.  I don’t think this is helpful for your otherwise clear and progressive political expectations.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 11 March 2012 06:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2007-08-24

When a political discussion is narrowed down to simply two positions, it makes for a weak debate.  There is no reason our tax laws cannot be fixed so that everyone pays their fare share.  I realize this means that those of us who have worked over 60 years to make our retirement years possible will have to pay income to those who simply dropped out of earning their own. 

Living in California for generations, I know that my property taxes were far higher than in many other states.  This was my choice and I am not whining.  I made do.  The federal government took my equity in my building that was for my retirement when I foolishly carried the paper and the buyer owed more to the government than he owed to me and I lost.  I got some of it back but not without an expensive attorney from Santa Barbara took on the federal courts.

This is how I lost my stuff.  I never took a welfare check and I could have when my husband left.  I moved into a cabin without heat and paid it off after 15 years so that I could borrow on it for emergencies.  No health insurance on my income. 

I never for a minute expected anyone to pick up my expenses.  It would have been easier had I not had tuitions for private school to guarantee that my girls could make it in a first class University.  It was the one consistent part of their lives and they worked hard to make it happen. 

I want the whole federal government cleared of corruption including the tax codes.  But we must never overlook that it is the government that is corrupt; a government put in place by the American voters.  At this time in America I see nothing but corruption in the Republicans and Democrats.  They all abuse the power they bought. 

So excuse me if I do not vote for either side of the aisle during these elections.  I have always seen a spark in the ideals of Ron Paul.  But when a site based on free thought wants to issue labels, then I log off.

1 of 2