1 of 2
President Obama. Model for good spending. GM bail out. Do it again Please.
Posted: 10 March 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10

If I need say more, the U S population is not very intelligent.
Regards
DL

[ Edited: 10 March 2012 11:09 AM by Greatest I am ]

Posted: 29 March 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2011-11-04
Greatest I am - 10 March 2012 10:27 AM

Regards
DL

By definition (if you’re talking IQ) most people are not very intelligent, as I would assume by very intelligent you mean above average IQ.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 29 March 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
TimB - 29 March 2012 01:47 PM
Greatest I am - 10 March 2012 10:27 AM

Regards
DL

By definition (if you’re talking IQ) most people are not very intelligent, as I would assume by very intelligent you mean above average IQ.

Not quite.

I could have said not intelligent or much good at math and cannot see the profits involved.

Regards
DL

Posted: 29 March 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Unfortunately, most people have been trained since early childhood to believe what they are told.  And they are seldom given any training in critical thinking or questioning authority.  Since most of the country has only strongly biased right wing radio, TV, and newspapers, that’s what the people believe. 

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 30 March 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
Occam. - 29 March 2012 06:27 PM

Unfortunately, most people have been trained since early childhood to believe what they are told.  And they are seldom given any training in critical thinking or questioning authority.  Since most of the country has only strongly biased right wing radio, TV, and newspapers, that’s what the people believe. 

Occam

Governments, like religions, frown on thinking people.
It forces them to justify their position and that are not good at it.

Canada, FMPOV, seems to not be so deep in that mindset.

Regards
DL

Posted: 30 March 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

Yeah, I think Canada is lucky because they have a horrible example nearby that guides them as to what to avoid.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 31 March 2012 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
Occam. - 30 March 2012 03:13 PM

Yeah, I think Canada is lucky because they have a horrible example nearby that guides them as to what to avoid.  smile

Occam

Even worse now since the U S will be controlled by just a few billionaires who will buy the politicians.

They can no longer vote for a free thinking candidate as they will be under the control of billionaire masters.

That is not democracy and the U S is now for sale.

Regards
DL

Posted: 01 April 2012 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Greatest I am - 31 March 2012 07:04 AM

Occam

Even worse now since the U S will be controlled by just a few billionaires who will buy the politicians.

They can no longer vote for a free thinking candidate as they will be under the control of billionaire masters.

Regards
DL

Case in point that may support your thought, here, DL, is that Romney is apparently going to win the Rushlimbaughcan Primary Nomination by spending that is exceeding 50 to 1 that of his Rushlimbaughcan opponents. If they can outspend the Obama campaign by a large margin, we will soon have the 1st President who has an elevator for the cars in his garage.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 01 April 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  3187
Joined  2011-08-15

While Romney’s going to be the clear winner in the rep. race,  the dems don’t have to worry about him outspending them. So far, and this is subject to change obviously, the dems are and will outspend the Reps. Even though, it’s going to be a tight race.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/us/politics/27money.html

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 01 April 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 01 April 2012 01:21 PM

While Romney’s going to be the clear winner in the rep. race,  the dems don’t have to worry about him outspending them. So far, and this is subject to change obviously, the dems are and will outspend the Reps. Even though, it’s going to be a tight race.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/us/politics/27money.html

Cap’t Jack

I hope you are right, but despite the headline of the article you linked, if you read it carefully you can see that there is cause for concern.  In this new world of corporations are people, and in which billionaires can have more “free speech” than anyone else, who knows what will happen?  I have seen Romney win primary elections repeatedly this go around, when the polls showed him behind Santorum weeks before the election, but with massive amounts of spending on his behalf in the last week or days before the election, he has won.

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2012 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  3187
Joined  2011-08-15

I hope you are right, but despite the headline of the article you linked, if you read it carefully you can see that there is cause for concern.  In this new world of corporations are people, and in which billionaires can have more “free speech” than anyone else, who knows what will happen?  I have seen Romney win primary elections repeatedly this go around, when the polls showed him behind Santorum weeks before the election, but with massive amounts of spending on his behalf in the last week or days before the election, he has won.

I did read it carefully and yes there are at least 5 billionaires backing whomever wins the Rep. nomination while the dems are relying on donations from party members and well wishers. And the reason he jumps ahead of Santorum is his (Santorum’s) flamoyant rhetoric and pandering to the tea party ilk. Romney is the only candidate able to bring the moderates into the rep. camp and his supposed business acumen is easier to spin than Santorum’s extreme religious views. in fact here’s already slipping behind Romney in the polls. NPR did a story on Friday about the negative ads and how the voters are being turned off by these virulent attacks. Even though they will have some effect, people are becoming jaded by the incessant name calling and personal attacks. Wow, 7 months to go and billions of dollars in ads to hear! Can’t wait to see how they will spin the growing economy under Obama. Kind of takes the legs out from under Mitt’s argument that he alone will bring us out of this economic slump.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 02 April 2012 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
TimB - 01 April 2012 01:13 PM
Greatest I am - 31 March 2012 07:04 AM

Occam

Regards
DL

Case in point that may support your thought, here, DL, is that Romney is apparently going to win the Rushlimbaughcan Primary Nomination by spending that is exceeding 50 to 1 that of his Rushlimbaughcan opponents. If they can outspend the Obama campaign by a large margin, we will soon have the 1st President who has an elevator for the cars in his garage.

I hear you.

The world is watchng the spearhead of demacracy turn into an oligarchy of billionaires fighting each other for control of a so called free nation.

Regards
DL

Posted: 02 April 2012 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
Greatest I am - 02 April 2012 04:57 AM

...oligarchy of billionaires…

plutocracy

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 02 April 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
traveler - 02 April 2012 05:47 AM

plutocracy

plutarchy

F O.

Regards
DL

Posted: 02 April 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
Greatest I am - 02 April 2012 08:40 AM
traveler - 02 April 2012 05:47 AM

plutocracy

plutarchy

F O.

Regards
DL

That works too.
smile

And another F O????? You were warned on another thread…

[ Edited: 02 April 2012 10:55 AM by traveler ]
 Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 02 April 2012 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

We do function to some extent here on the three strikes rule.

Occam

Signature 

1 of 2