1 of 4
Men and their deteriorating moral and family values.
Posted: 13 March 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10

Men and their deteriorating moral and family values.

As members of Western democratic nation, we have witnessed a marked deterioration in morality and family values.

Children start at an early age to sample the pleasures life offers them in the world of drugs, sex, autonomy and abuse of the safety nets that we as parents have put in place for them.

They do these things because they see us, their parents, doing the same thing. We are reaping what we are sowing. It is impossible to keep our abusive adult activities from passing down to our children. They know all our little secrets and tricks and will continue to emulate us.

Over time, looking at parents and our interaction with our children; especially today; the internet and other technologies have drastically reduced the parent child interaction. It is obvious to anyone with good judgement; collectively our morals and ethics have declined along with our family values.

Proof of this lies in how we allow our children to dress and act.

We are basically allowing our children, male and female, to look and act like skanks and whores.

We are allowing or male children to run amuck and act like irresponsible bull studs with no responsibility for their illegitimate children. We men also facilitate the rampant drug us, both legal and illegal.

Both men and women are to blame. Men, as the institutionally sanctioned heads of the family; must carry more blame. The world is not witnessing men stepping up to this responsibility. You, as a man are not walking your talk. 

As men, if we are to call ourselves true men, should consider doing so. Perhaps we can stop acting like spoiled children ourselves and start giving our children a good example.

Women will also have to stop looking like and teaching their daughters to look like skanks and whores.  We must stop teaching our children to idolize certain questionable entertainers who will do nothing but ensure a next generation of skanks and whores.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

P S. Morality has a price. To increase ours will take wealth. Are our children worth it to us?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/june-carbone/family-values-conservativ_b_922656.html

Posted: 13 March 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Interesting. I would suggest that the exact same sentiments have been expressed for centuries and in virtually every culture.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 13 March 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19

Cool story!

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 13 March 2012 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I seem to recall reading many, many years ago that as they excavated Pompeii, they found written large on a wall a statement which, when traslated, said, “Taxes are too high, and the youth are going to hell.”

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 14 March 2012 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
Occam. - 13 March 2012 07:45 PM

I seem to recall reading many, many years ago that as they excavated Pompeii, they found written large on a wall a statement which, when traslated, said, “Taxes are too high, and the youth are going to hell.”

So it was really the Tea Party that caused the demise of Pompeii?  LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 16 March 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
FreeInKy - 13 March 2012 09:13 AM

Interesting. I would suggest that the exact same sentiments have been expressed for centuries and in virtually every culture.

True but at no time in history have we cared so little for our children that we choose to pile up our debt on their shoulders and are destroying the environment that they will need to pull themselves out of the hole we are digging for them and throwing them into.

Regards
DL

Posted: 16 March 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
Occam. - 13 March 2012 07:45 PM

Occam

Yes. They cared about their youth enough in that day to worry about their children.

We do not to the same extent and prefer to abuse the freedoms that our fathers have passed to us.

Please read my comment on debt above.

Regards
DL

Posted: 16 March 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-08-10

I see that I have failed to get the point across that I wanted to get across.
Let me try again.

A fundamental of morality that crosses all cultures is called “Harm/care”.

http://blog.ted.com/2008/09/17/the_real_differ/

This fundamental trait says that all parents will do whatever is best for the care for their child. Parents and will also do the best to insure that no harm comes to their child.

http://www.surfnetparents.com/1382/demi-taylor-selena-appropriate-role-models-for-your-little-girl/

http://timothyjward.hubpages.com/hub/Miley-Cyrus-Teen-Role-Model-or-Skank

If you would like to contemplate what these two links are saying, you will perhaps see where I am coming from if you can think of them in terms of harm/care for children moving into teens and beyond.

The links above shows how important our role is as examples to our children and how important the role model selection can be. If ignored that we are ignoring or not living up to Harm/care. This will ultimately lead to our teens progressing to inappropriate sexual activity. The natural prompt that once motivated us to greater efforts and concerns of early sexual activity, pregnancy, is no longer with us.

Do we want all that sexual activity for them or even for us?

If we do, I see us as no better than bonobo monkeys.

The links speak of the principle of mimicry and how we and others are the role models that will be followed.  I think many of us have forgotten, in terms of teen sexuality, to accentuate that it must be protected, venerated and only used for the right reasons. If not then sex will just become a commodity to be bought and sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

George Carlin is expressing my view and feelings when he says “they don’t care” except for the fact that I am saying the same to all the parents in our countries. We collectively do not care about our children anymore. That or we just do not know how to express this love.

If you recall the picture that Jonathan Haidt showed, know that I see us at the juncture of the second and third frame.

If none here see it. So be it.

Regards
DL

Posted: 16 March 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Bonobos are apes, not monkeys. The rest of the stuff you wrote here is pure nonsense.

Posted: 16 March 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  3102
Joined  2011-08-15

The links speak of the principle of mimicry and how we and others are the role models that will be followed.  I think many of us have forgotten, in terms of teen sexuality, to accentuate that it must be protected, venerated and only used for the right reasons. If not then sex will just become a commodity to be bought and sold

I always feel uncomfortable when someone prefaces a statement with the words “right reasons”. who’s right reasons? Society, government, culture? We often hear from the chicken Little folks that the family is dissolving and society may collapse any day now, but even the Romans complained about their kids and their illicit sexual activities. Most teens now get their sex ed. in the public school health classes and know what to do and what NOT to do to prevent pregnancy and social disease. If you don’t want your kid to have a baby or be sexually active then show them what happens when they do. even those kids without parents are taught the consequences of being sexually active. Beyond that there’s nothing further you can do. And BTW the percentage of sexually active teens in parochial schools doesn’t vary from those in the public system. Hormones =sexual behavior. Celebacy is unnatural.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 16 March 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

We know of two factors in the U.S. within the past seventy years where we can see natural selection at work. Mothers are getting younger (they are having their first child at younger age when compared with seventy years ago) and chubbier. The fact that they are having kids at younger age probably also means that they start having sex at younger age. What this means is that mothers who are having kids at younger age and are chubbier are the most fertile. Not that I am really in the mood the bring up the race thing again, but these results are probably due to the effect of the Mexican immigration. Mexican American women are more fertile (and have kids at younger age and are chubbier) than the mostly white U.S. from seventy years ago. Not a good thing or a bad thing. Just a thing.

Posted: 16 March 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 16 March 2012 12:17 PM

We know of two factors in the U.S. within the past seventy years where we can see natural selection at work. Mothers are getting younger (they are having their first child at younger age when compared with seventy years ago) and chubbier. The fact that they are having kids at younger age probably also means that they start having sex at younger age. What this means is that mothers who are having kids at younger age and are chubbier are the most fertile. Not that I am really in the mood the bring up the race thing again, but these results are probably due to the effect of the Mexican immigration. Mexican American women are more fertile (and have kids at younger age and are chubbier) than the mostly white U.S. from seventy years ago. Not a good thing or a bad thing. Just a thing.

Yeah, and the rest become stars and philanthropists. Really, am I the only one who sees the glass half-full????

LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 16 March 2012 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
traveler - 16 March 2012 01:47 PM

Yeah, and the rest become stars and philanthropists. Really, am I the only one who sees the glass half-full????

LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

Well, younger and chubbier mothers do experience higher fertility and so do Mexican women. Not sure what that has to do with half-full or -empty glass.

Posted: 16 March 2012 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
George - 16 March 2012 02:49 PM
traveler - 16 March 2012 01:47 PM

LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

Well, younger and chubbier mothers do experience higher fertility and so do Mexican women. Not sure what that has to do with half-full or -empty glass.

It’s just that I don’t recall you ever specifying a positive attribute to a group. I know - positive attribute is subjective. But most know what I mean here - at least I think they do.  wink

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 16 March 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Well, as far as evolution goes, high fertility is objectively positive attribute. Some people (like Mr. godhead here) may think that young people having sex is wrong, but nature clearly doesn’t care what we think is right or wrong. Mexican Americans are clearly (and objectively) better adopted than white Americans.

Posted: 16 March 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  423
Joined  2012-02-02

Broad hipped women are not only more fertile, they’re also more intelligent.

Women with curvy figures are likely to be brighter than waif-like counterparts and may well produce more intelligent offspring, a US study suggests.

Researchers studied 16,000 women and girls and found the more voluptuous performed better on cognitive tests - as did their children.

The bigger the difference between a woman’s waist and hips the better.

1 of 4