Anyone into doing some critique - Village at Wolf Creek (“Red” McCombs) April 2012 update
Posted: 13 March 2012 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4404
Joined  2010-08-15

Hello friends.
Anyone bored?  Looking for a serious article seeking some serious critique?

Here’s is a link to the latest article in a series, though I will condense 750 wrd, 500 wrd, maybe even 350 wrd versions out of it.

So if anyone is interesting in doing a little critique, well actually I prefer hard ball critique,

it would really help improve this, though with easily 30 hours into it I’m feeling pretty good about it…
that’s why I need a reality check.

And this one is important, it’s getting close to gametime.
Anyone game?

http://no-villageatwolfcreek.blogspot.com/2012/03/march-2012-update-and-some-history.html

March 2012 UPDATE, and some history{1050 words}

The saga continues: “The Red McCombs’ Alberta Park Poker Game” {Yup, the one near Wolf Creek Pass, Colorado.}

It began back in the 1980s when a billionaire purchased some private land within the Saguache Ranger District of the Rio Grande National Forest. It was nice land, land the Forest Service had been eyeing for some time.

With those chips in hand Red McCombs saddled up to the public lands real estate table. . .

[ Edited: 16 April 2012 11:21 AM by citizenschallenge.pm ]
 Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 18 March 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Well this has gotten interesting in the past week.
I now have a genuine Freedom of Information Act request being processed through the USFS to figure out exactly how the billionaire actually got original title to that land, since those records seem to have disappeared from the public record {or was never there}.
Ah, as much as I despise the Bush II Administration I know they are simply spawn of that fabled Reagan Administration - where this interesting little reversal occurred.

http://no-villageatwolfcreek.blogspot.com/2012/03/defending-alberta-park-memes-courier-la.html

✯ EXTRA ✯  The Memes Courier ✯ EXTRA ✯

Alberta Park, Rio Grande River Watershed,
Wolf Creek Pass, Colorado, USA

~ The Bid for a Village at Wolf Creek ~

La Plata County Democratic Assembly Edition ~ March 17, 2012
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While fact checking the article in the previous post, I discovered something interesting.

The original 1986 Leavell-McCombs Joint Venture’s offer to trade Saguache District parcels for a chunk of Alberta Park near Wolf Creek Pass was rejected by the Rio Grande Forest Service.
Yet, that official rejection metamorphosed into an approval and the USFS cannot cite how it happened!

Signature 

Posted: 16 April 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

Well, I went and gave it my best shot and this time, as opposed to four years ago, I connected best I could.

Circulated ±2750 copies of a nice clean looking, pretty near 100% typo free Memes Courier and by shear blind cosmic giggledie luck, the first copy went directly into the hands of US Senator Udall, when I found myself alone with him and his wife in an elevator the evening before the Convention.

{Trying to relax and live in harmony does feel like it brings its advantages.}
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For what it’s worth here’s the final draft:
http://no-villageatwolfcreek.blogspot.com/2012/04/colorado-state-democratic-convention.html
http://no-villageatwolfcreek.blogspot.com/2012/04/colorado.html
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At least till the EIS draft comes out and then the fun really starts.  wink

Signature 

Posted: 24 April 2012 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
kacie - 24 April 2012 02:15 AM

I’m overdue to write this. On March 2, 2012, occurred the worst thing ever to happen to me: My hometown of West Liberty, in eastern Kentucky’s Appalachian foothills, was largely destroyed by a tornado. If I feel so devastated while not even living there, how much worse must it be for those who lost their very homes and livelihood.

WTF? Those are Joe Nickell’s words, taken from his blog on this site. What’s that doing here? (Spam bot?)

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 24 April 2012 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
FreeInKy - 24 April 2012 04:13 AM

Those are Joe Nickell’s words, taken from his blog on this site. What’s that doing here? (Spam bot?)

Good catch. Deleted the account.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos