I Live In Reality
Posted: 17 March 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-17

Hello All!

So here I am. I’m Dyeyell. I’m 29 (30 this year!) and I’m an Aetheist (still) and renewed vegetarian (I spent a few years eating seafood). I am involved with Greenpeace, Amnesty International and other non-profit organizations, which obviously shows I want to change the world. I love science, but I’m not as brilliant as my scientific heroes, so I change the world through activism (protesting, signing petitions, “harassing” politicians, raising awareness and money).

I’m old enough at this point in time that I’ve drawn a line in the sand when it comes to ignorance, and I fight back. I’m not into thrusting my non-beliefs onto others, but when someone says something clearly ridiculous, then I do give them the facts as pertains to reality. I can’t help if people still want to cling to their delusions though, so don’t blame me if I’m not always effective in opening minds.

So, that’s basically it… there’s other stuff to tell about myself, but this is just an introduction.

The End.

-dyeyell

404570_10150556426051035_656566034_9538309_638342497_n.jpg

Signature 

I would never lie. I willfully participated in a campaign of misinformation.
- Fox Mulder (The X-Files)

Posted: 17 March 2012 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4811
Joined  2007-10-05

Welcome aboard, dyeyell. I like your attitude and hope you will contribute to the discussions here.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 18 March 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Yes, welcome to the CFI Forum, dyeyell. I think you’ll find this a congenial place with a lot of diverse opinions to inform and challenge you.

Please feel free to join the conversations!

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 18 March 2012 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3156
Joined  2011-08-15

Hello Dyeyell and welcome! You’ve joined a forum whose members enjoy discussion on many fronts. Hope you like it here!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 18 March 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7573
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Dyeyell.  I and others around here are also vegetarians and some, like myself, are involved with animal welfare too.  I think you’ll enjoy it around here.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 18 March 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Hi, Dyeyell.  Your views and activites fit right in with the goals of many of our members here.  I’m looking forward to your ideas and comments.  Welcome.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 19 March 2012 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

I can’t help if people still want to cling to their delusions though, so don’t blame me if I’m not always effective in opening minds.

The merit in what you’re doing is that it reaches out to the skeptically minded and shows that there are rational explainations as opposed to fabulist explainations to the world around us.

Baby steps, I know, but one has to be willing to take those baby steps so the big leaps will become possible.

Keep it up!

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.