Former Mormon in Omaha
Posted: 18 March 2012 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-18

Hi all,

Been listening to the “Reasonable Doubts” recently and they speak highly of CFI, so I thought I’d come over.

I’m a quality auditor for a biological manufacturer and a classic video game collector and enthusiast.

No religious upbringing. Joined the Mormons at 18 and was fairly active and satisfied for about 6 years.

Took a terrific religion class in college when I was struggling with my faith. For my marriage’s sake, I tried to keep my doubts on the down-low, ultimately not participating in church. This fence sitting went on until just recently, I’m 33 now and I’m just exploring atheism and developing my world view. Though this is difficult for my wife and her Mormon beliefs, she’s an amazing individual and we are coping just fine, with the occasional argument. 

I haven’t joined any local (Omaha Nebraska) non believer groups yet, but a vitual community may be a good start.

Posted: 18 March 2012 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Welcome Jim, I’m glad you found your way over here. I love the Reasonable Doubts podcast! Do you listen to American Freethought too?  smile

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 March 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-18

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Posted: 19 March 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Welcome to the CFI Forum, Jim. We’ve had Mormons and ex-Mormons here from time to time. Please do feel free to join the discussions, I’m sure they’ll help you in your explorations.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

‹‹ I Live In Reality      New Mexico here! ››