What’s Worse Than Being Molested by a Priest?
Posted: 19 March 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  438
Joined  2012-02-02

Being castrated for reporting the molestation.

Underage sexual abuse victims were castrated in Dutch Roman Catholic psychiatric wards in the 1950s, according to the Rotterdam-based newspaper NRC Handelsblad.

Castration was performed on young men who were thought to be homosexual, but also as a means of punishing those who blew the whistle on abusers, the paper quotes sources as saying.

NRC discovered proof of the forced castration of one young man and strong evidence that at least ten other abuse victims were subjected to the removal of their testicles. The proof includes court documents, medical records, letters from lawyers and private correspondence.

If this follows the pattern of other instances of abuses by the Church, we can expect to see a number of people coming forward to recount their stories about this.  One has to wonder what the RCC is going to do with this information.  Are they going to try and sweep in under the rug?  Or, are we actually going to get an admission of guilt?

Signature 

“There will come a time when it isn’t ‘They’re spying on me through my phone’ anymore. Eventually, it will be ‘My phone is spying on me’.” ― Philip K. Dick

The Atheist in the Trailer Park

Posted: 19 March 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  6091
Joined  2009-02-26
Coldheart Tucker - 19 March 2012 04:14 PM

Being castrated for reporting the molestation.

Underage sexual abuse victims were castrated in Dutch Roman Catholic psychiatric wards in the 1950s, according to the Rotterdam-based newspaper NRC Handelsblad.

Castration was performed on young men who were thought to be homosexual, but also as a means of punishing those who blew the whistle on abusers, the paper quotes sources as saying.

NRC discovered proof of the forced castration of one young man and strong evidence that at least ten other abuse victims were subjected to the removal of their testicles. The proof includes court documents, medical records, letters from lawyers and private correspondence.

If this follows the pattern of other instances of abuses by the Church, we can expect to see a number of people coming forward to recount their stories about this.  One has to wonder what the RCC is going to do with this information.  Are they going to try and sweep in under the rug?  Or, are we actually going to get an admission of guilt?

New recruits for a heavenly boys choir.  All very holy.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 19 March 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

...being committed, labeled mentally ill. Castration is the cherry on top. Where were the parents? How did they convince the parents to go along with this atrocity?

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 19 March 2012 11:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  6091
Joined  2009-02-26
asanta - 19 March 2012 09:24 PM

...being committed, labeled mentally ill. Castration is the cherry on top. Where were the parents? How did they convince the parents to go along with this atrocity?

As a Hollander I am absolutely dismayed to hear of this. But where it concerns what people can do in the name of god or in protection of the church, I cannot say that I am surprised. “Angels and Demons” are close relatives.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

‹‹ The Pope...      The Historical Jesus ››