Richard Dawkins on MSNBC on Sunday
Posted: 24 March 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

8 am Eastern Time on MSNBC there is a new show called “Up with Chris Hayes” and tomorrow 3/25 Richard Dawkins will be his guest.  I have wondered when MSNBC would feature non-believers as many of their hosts claim to be free thinkers.  The show features a panel of interesting guests and they often cover politics and other great subjects. 

Another television live cam show is the birth of three bald eagle eggs who are scheduled to hatch over the weekend.  When I lived in the area along the central coast of California, I joined many others for our yearly bald eagle count,  The eggs shown on the link below are up a huge tree on an Iowa farm where the owners have allowed the cameras to stay live until the chicks are hatched.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Posted: 25 March 2012 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3250
Joined  2011-08-15

Many thanks Sandy for the heads up about the show. I saw about three quarters of it and some of my favorite authors were featured including Dawkins, Steven pinker, And Susan Jacoby. Very poignant questions from Chris Hays and everyone weighed in on the question of aggressive atheism. Hays was opposed and he and Dawkins debated the issue with Dawkins not conceding his opinion on the religious views of politicians. Great show, only wished I’d taped it!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 25 March 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2007-08-24

The idea that a strong Secular point of view has not been presented in America since Ingersoll was a wake up call to all of us to get busy and find a group with a strong leader.  We Americans are heading for a 12% count of Seculars and that is growing every year.  Will we it make before we all are expelled from our citizenship?  In 2004, I was told to leave the GOP unless I was a Christian by an Arizona State Senator. 

I shot off an Email to the Producer of the show, raving about the choice of guests.  I’ll bring his reply, if I receive one.

I’m thrilled you watched it.  Now all we need in Michael Shermer to be a guest.