1 of 2
Godhead - real or fiction
Posted: 02 April 2012 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

GIA says that his Godhead is real. He also says that I don’t listen to him and that I should F O. (I’ll let you figure that one out).

But I do listen. Don’t know why really, but I do. Guess it’s like George’s earworm-like experience where he just could not turn off some commercial.

Anyway, GIA defends the realism of his Godhead HERE

GIA says, “Because there is more to us than you can see. Only apotheosis can show this to us but unfortunately, those who do experience it cannot prove it.”

BTW, apotheosis (from wiki): is the glorification of a subject to divine level. The term has meanings in theology, where it refers to a belief, and in art, where it refers to a genre.
In theology, the term apotheosis refers to the idea that an individual has been raised to godlike stature.

GIA further says: “The Godhead I found is real. Un-provable at this point in time, but real none the less.”

Real? Or fiction? You tell me.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 02 April 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  2011-11-04

Real fiction, most likely.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 02 April 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Traveler, I find that the spectrum between reality and fiction that is believed to be real is closely correlated with the spectrum between sanity and mental maladjustment.  smile

And does the acronym you quoted mean Fight On?  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 02 April 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3264
Joined  2011-08-15

That being said, does his moniker DL mean demented lunatic? Once again as in Egor’s posts, DL “knows” that there is a godhead because he has thought it up through personal experience. Definitely not an empericist.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 02 April 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

Yeah, believe it or not I’m not here to insult GIA but to help him realize that:

1.) he has no basis in reality to state that his Godhead is real.
2.) to then go on mocking, as he regularly does, the god of the bible is hypocrisy.

Given this, then perhaps he will stop his bible thumping tirades. Perhaps not, but it can’t hurt to point out from time to time that it is really annoying noise. Unless I’m wrong and he can prove that his godhead is real. Then I have a lot of crow to eat (and I’m vegan!)

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  3264
Joined  2011-08-15

I"m 99% certain that you will never taste crow, at least in this instance! If he’s right I hope that his godhead turns out to be Zeus or Thor or Wotan, but probably not. smile

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 03 April 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10
traveler - 02 April 2012 10:42 AM

GIA says that his Godhead is real. He also says that I don’t listen to him and that I should F O. (I’ll let you figure that one out).

I see that you did not show the number of times you pestered me before the F O.
Selective memory in your story telling.

But I do listen. Don’t know why really, but I do. Guess it’s like George’s earworm-like experience where he just could not turn off some commercial.

I do not play psychological games but I would say, just from the number of times you pestered me, that you seek something. Know thyself.

Anyway, GIA defends the realism of his Godhead HERE

GIA says, “Because there is more to us than you can see. Only apotheosis can show this to us but unfortunately, those who do experience it cannot prove it.”

BTW, apotheosis (from wiki): is the glorification of a subject to divine level. The term has meanings in theology, where it refers to a belief, and in art, where it refers to a genre.
In theology, the term apotheosis refers to the idea that an individual has been raised to godlike stature.

Absolutely. We are all lower case g gods. I confirmed this with my apotheosis and recognize that we are to try to make ourselves an upper case G God.

You likely took it that I have a swelled head from apotheosis but it is a rather humbling experience. Not that I am particularly humble. Au contraire.

Further, it is not like I love, honor or obey what I found. When one wants to elevate one’s self, the old must be discarded, the bar of excellence raise, and a renewal of effort is to start.

GIA further says: “The Godhead I found is real. Un-provable at this point in time, but real none the less.”

Real? Or fiction? You tell me.

You ask those who cannot possibly know and I have admitted that I cannot prove my apotheosis and I told you that that is why I try to move conversation towards moral discussions because of that.

Why bother?

Seems this thread will show more of what you need and not what I do.
You already show a need to hate as shown from the fact that you pestered me and even started an O P that is bound to not give anything except confirmation of your hate.

Why would you hate someone who is not even trying to push a belief on you?

Regards
DL

Posted: 03 April 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
Occam. - 02 April 2012 12:34 PM

Traveler, I find that the spectrum between reality and fiction that is believed to be real is closely correlated with the spectrum between sanity and mental maladjustment.  smile

And does the acronym you quoted mean Fight On?  LOL

Occam

Fool Onboard but no one will believe that.
F. Neither do I.

Eh, that F is for Fool as well.

Trust me. I have 5 certified psychiatrists who say I am sane.
I ignore the other 3 who said otherwise.

Regards
DL

Posted: 03 April 2012 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
traveler - 02 April 2012 01:21 PM

Yeah, believe it or not I’m not here to insult GIA but to help him realize that:

1.) he has no basis in reality to state that his Godhead is real.
2.) to then go on mocking, as he regularly does, the god of the bible is hypocrisy.

No.
It is social conscience and my duty.
Rehaps you would be well advised to apply your need to hate to those that I fight.

I would suggest that to all here who have a social conscience.

Did I tell you why I do what I do?

It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Belief in fantasy is evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

They also do much harm to their own.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM

Promoting death to Gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BVzw&feature=related

For evil to grow my friends, all good people need do is nothing.
Fight them when you can. It is your duty to your fellow man.

Regards
DL

Posted: 03 April 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
Thevillageatheist - 02 April 2012 01:57 PM

I"m 99% certain that you will never taste crow, at least in this instance! If he’s right I hope that his godhead turns out to be Zeus or Thor or Wotan, but probably not. smile

Cap’t Jack

No. It is just a cosmic consciousness that sits there thinking. Well, not sit exactly. No rump.

I would have thought that insanity would be the end result of such a life but it seems not to be the case.

Regards
DL

Posted: 03 April 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2008-04-07

(GIA, it would make things easier if you figure out how to format the quotes)

Greatest I am - 03 April 2012 01:36 PM

You keep saying that, but I have simply asked why you believe in this godhead of yours. If you see that as “pestering” then that’s fine. I still have not received an answer. And my memory is quite good.

I do not play psychological games but I would say, just from the number of times you pestered me, that you seek something. Know thyself.

Well, who says you play games? And again with the pestering?

Absolutely. We are all lower case g gods. I confirmed this with my apotheosis and recognize that we are to try to make ourselves an upper case G God.

Alright, progress. Please explain what that means. It sounds like total bunk.

You likely took it that I have a swelled head from apotheosis but it is a rather humbling experience. Not that I am particularly humble. Au contraire.

Nope, don’t know or care a thing about your ego. Just trying to understand your godhead.

Further, it is not like I love, honor or obey what I found. When one wants to elevate one’s self, the old must be discarded, the bar of excellence raise, and a renewal of effort is to start.

Um, what did you find, exactly?

You ask those who cannot possibly know and I have admitted that I cannot prove my apotheosis and I told you that that is why I try to move conversation towards moral discussions because of that.

Ok, if you can’t prove it can you describe it? You claim to have risen to a godlike stature (apotheosis). How’s that feel, exactly?

Why bother?

You. You were the one to bring your godhead into this forum. Why did you bother? You say I pester you when all I want is clarification.

Perhaps. But it is your godhead. I would think you would see this thread as a greatest opportunity.

You already show a need to hate as shown from the fact that you pestered me and even started an O P that is bound to not give anything except confirmation of your hate.

If you perceive a need for understanding as equal to a need for hate then, well I don’t know what to say to that.

Ah, it is you who forgets. I said previously that you do push your godhead as something real. That is an extraordinary claim and I am well within reason to expect extraordinary evidence.

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
Greatest I am - 03 April 2012 01:47 PM

Rehaps you would be well advised to apply your need to hate to those that I fight.

I have no need to hate, but I love to reason. I would like those who fight against supernatural bunk to recognize both supernatural and bunk. If someone brings a godhead to a god fight, I question (or as you see it, pester) that person.

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2012 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

Didn’t we cover this in this thread, starting here: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/11864/P15/#140111 ?

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 03 April 2012 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2008-04-07
domokato - 03 April 2012 05:10 PM

Didn’t we cover this in this thread, starting here: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/forums/viewthread/11864/P15/#140111 ?

Not really. That ended with a cow video, right?  smile
I was hoping GIA would do better in terms of explaining how his apotheosis is any better than that he judges repeatedly to be evil.
In the thread you reference, he did say he is happy to be questioned about his belief yet I have not seen anything resembling an explanation and he says it is pestering to ask.

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
traveler - 03 April 2012 02:12 PM

(GIA, it would make things easier if you figure out how to format the quotes)

Some day. I did look for a multy quote function but…..

Greatest I am - 03 April 2012 01:36 PM

You keep saying that, but I have simply asked why you believe in this godhead of yours. If you see that as “pestering” then that’s fine. I still have not received an answer. And my memory is quite good.

I mentioned that it was only because of my personal experience.

Well, who says you play games? And again with the pestering?

Alright, progress. Please explain what that means. It sounds like total bunk.

An engineering second year student might class himself as a lower case e engineer working to a higher case E Engineer.
That is the way I am using lower case and upper case.

Nope, don’t know or care a thing about your ego. Just trying to understand your godhead.

Um, what did you find, exactly?

A combination if you will of these two terms. Not exact but close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_consciousness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_intelligence

Ok, if you can’t prove it can you describe it? You claim to have risen to a godlike stature (apotheosis). How’s that feel, exactly?

It has less impact than one would think because basically, it just confirmed my paradigm. It felt like getting a high grade on a paper that I knew I was going to pass in the first place. It does have an intensely emotional content of both pain and pleasure and an unfortunate part of that is that not all that was given could I remember. I never cried as an adult till that day but for the 5 or 6 seconds of the contact, I alternated from tears of joy to tears of pain.

This was my second experience with telepathy. The first time was with my wife, for just1 or 2 seconds and in that one, no information was relayed. Just emotion. I made her cry. You will know that if I had not had that experience with her beforehand to confirm the reality of telepathy, I would not give any veracity to my second experience with the Godhead. My kind of mind needs confirmation before belief can come about.

Why bother?

You. You were the one to bring your godhead into this forum. Why did you bother? You say I pester you when all I want is clarification.

Yes I brought it to the forum but not to this thread and you should have foreseen that everyone would answer no. What else could their answer be FTPOV. FMPOV, you were just looking for ego stroking.

Perhaps. But it is your godhead. I would think you would see this thread as a greatest opportunity.

Why?
I am well aware that the huge majority will not believe or care.
Especially whan I have no dogma for any to argue against.

If you perceive a need for understanding as equal to a need for hate then, well I don’t know what to say to that.

Go back and see how you approached me and if that is a seeking of understanding then your character is more coarse than you think and needs a hell of a lot more work than I think mine does and trust me. I am working on my eloquence and patience daily. I know myself.

Ah, it is you who forgets. I said previously that you do push your godhead as something real. That is an extraordinary claim and I am well within reason to expect extraordinary evidence.

I mention the Godhead. I never push for belief and always say that I have no evidence, so who is pushing who for what.

Push all you want. I have nothing to show to push anyone to belief except words.

Regads
DL

Posted: 03 April 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
traveler - 03 April 2012 02:23 PM
Greatest I am - 03 April 2012 01:47 PM

I have no need to hate, but I love to reason. I would like those who fight against supernatural bunk to recognize both supernatural and bunk. If someone brings a godhead to a god fight, I question (or as you see it, pester) that person.

Sub atomic particles are not supernatural.

Regards
DL

1 of 2