kicked out of New Mexico atheist Yahoo Group!
Posted: 05 April 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-04-04

I was kicked off this email list for sending this message. You wonder why New Mexico can’t organize? Flag this message
[Atheist-Freethinkers_NM] so, is this an atheist group?
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 11:09 PM
“rriverstone” <>
View contact details
To:
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Nobody has acknowledged that I’ve joined, nor that I’ve asked a question about organizing in New Mexico. I see no recent posts having to do with atheism in New Mexico. I don’t understand: is this an atheist group? Does anybody to add onto the momentum built at the Reason Rally? Would anybody like to say hello to me? I get the feeling this group doesn’t get a lot of people coming in and asking to participate in organizing every day. I just don’t understand.

Posted: 05 April 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2010-06-16

Well, you did challenge them. LOL  And it looks as if they weren’t up to dealing with it.  Why don’t you start your own Yahoo group called, say, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and see if you get any response.  There may be quite a few others who also go nothing for the other group and may be happy to connect with you.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 05 April 2012 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-04

I guess I’ll HAVE to! It was 2 people, posting “politically correct” stuff I get on my FaceBook feeds all the time that had NOTHING to do with atheism: Troy Traynor, war with Iran, etc. And it had nothing to do with atheism! I wasn’t challenging; I was just asking! I think I’ll start a facebook group, instead, esp. for kids at the university. I suspect this is part of the old fart/commie/curmudgeon set that controls “progressive” “activism” in Albuquerque. They do nothing but grumble, sneer and feel superior to all the rest of us unenlightened fools. Screw em.

Posted: 05 April 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5487
Joined  2010-06-16

Well, if one is incompetent and doing something inadequately, they see even being asked about it as pointing out their weaknesses and as a challenge.  But, that’s their problem, not yours.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 05 April 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-04

...except that the cartel in this state that controls so-called “progressive” activism is located in Albuquerque and some in Santa Fe. they’re mostly middle class and mostly tied to the university. I am rural poor. We are always neglected, shunned, etc. and can you THINK of a population in a state that was conquered by Spanish Catholics under the conquistadors that MIGHT need some community, networking, role modeling, etc. MORE than rural poor folk? They’ve tied up yahoo groups, meet up, facebook . . . and do NOTHING! Which is why I want to start a CFI chapter in NM. We have Sandia Labs! Los Alamos! Not everybody here is an ignorant hillbilly, like the elitist snobs seem to think! It’s much harder for me to organize. I live on seven hundred/month & half goes to rent. I’m very far from Albq. and drive a beat up truck. There’s never $ for gas. And, if ppl in this town find out what I’ve been doing on facebook, youtube, etc. re: atheism, Gender Queer & feminism, they could quite literally kill me. THey nearly have, already, and for far less.