1 of 3
Romney’s best VP choice
Posted: 10 April 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  2011-11-04

Now that the sham race for the GOP Presidential candidate is winding down, and the man who the party was going to choose all along has been chosen, it is time for some actual speculation.  Romney being the nominee was never really speculation. That was going to happen, but who will be chosen as his running mate? 

I am quite confident that I know who he should pick to give him the best chance of winning, but I don’t want Romney to win.  Thus I hope that he and his advisors do not pick the person I am thinking of.  (I don’t want to divulge the name, on the off chance they haven’t seriously thought of it.)

Anyone care to speculate on who the GOP VP candidate will be?

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 10 April 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

I dunno, how about Rubio to get some of the Hispanic votes?

Posted: 10 April 2012 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

I doubt there are any GOP spies hanging out here, so I would love to hear who you think it should be.  wink

It seems they never pick anyone with big name power anymore. It’s always some governor or senator who no one knows much about nationally. Sarah Palin? Really?

I think it’s clear that all of the other Republican candidates for president are seriously damaged goods. It would need to be someone else. If I were an advisory to Romney, I’d tell him to pick someone who could help him with voters he is struggling with. Someone from the south would be very helpful, preferably a woman. And he needs help with the Hispanic vote, so a Latina. Oh, and it would help if she were a lesbian. And poor, or at least well below Romney’s 1%.

There you go. A poor southern gay Latina woman. Yeah, I could totally see that.  LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 10 April 2012 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
George - 10 April 2012 12:39 PM

I dunno, how about Rubio to get some of the Hispanic votes?

I’m ok with them choosing Rubio.  (Remember, I don’t want them to win.)

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 10 April 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
FreeInKy - 10 April 2012 12:41 PM

I doubt there are any GOP spies hanging out here, so I would love to hear who you think it should be.  wink

It seems they never pick anyone with big name power anymore. It’s always some governor or senator who no one knows much about nationally. Sarah Palin? Really?

I think it’s clear that all of the other Republican candidates for president are seriously damaged goods. It would need to be someone else. If I were an advisory to Romney, I’d tell him to pick someone who could help him with voters he is struggling with. Someone from the south would be very helpful, preferably a woman. And he needs help with the Hispanic vote, so a Latina. Oh, and it would help if she were a lesbian. And poor, or at least well below Romney’s 1%.

There you go. A poor southern gay Latina woman. Yeah, I could totally see that.  LOL

You’re on the right track, except not gay, or Latina, or currently poor, and not a particularly big name.  But seriously, I fear the choice.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

So a southern woman? Nikki Haley?

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 10 April 2012 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
FreeInKy - 10 April 2012 01:01 PM

Sounds good to me.

Posted: 10 April 2012 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Sure would lock in the women’s vote. (For the Dems)

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 10 April 2012 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
FreeInKy - 10 April 2012 01:01 PM

There you go.  Hopefully, the vetting process (if the Repubs actually decide to do one this time around), will take her out of contention.  But if not, I think she could go a long way to ameliorating Romney’s problems with women. 

Despite being a tea party, right wing, conservative, pro-lifer, she is a genuinely likeable and attractive person.  Having allegations of extramarital affairs, may not be a downside, if they are not true, as it would serve to pique the average American’s interest in hearing more about her.

On the downside as a potential nominee, is that South Carolina only has 9 electoral votes.  But she has a successful personal business background.  But maybe there is other potential dirt on her that could rule her out.

Other than her, I cannot think of anyone, right now, that the Repubs will put forward that particularly scares me.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
traveler - 10 April 2012 01:33 PM

It would lock in women who are democrats, but Obama will have that anyway.  A lot of independent female voters would have liked to have voted for a woman in the last general election.  They just couldn’t bring themselves to vote for a dingbat like Palin.  Haley is no dingbat.

The election comes down to getting the independent votes in the swing states.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
TimB - 10 April 2012 01:39 PM

It would lock in women who are democrats, but Obama will have that anyway.  A lot of independent female voters would have liked to have voted for a woman in the last general election.  They just couldn’t bring themselves to vote for a dingbat like Palin.  Haley is no dingbat.

Perhaps, although I don’t understand how any thinking woman could vote GOP. I could see her getting the vote of the men who liked Palin cos she’s hot.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 10 April 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
traveler - 10 April 2012 01:46 PM
TimB - 10 April 2012 01:39 PM

Perhaps, although I don’t understand how any thinking woman could vote GOP. I could see her getting the vote of the men who liked Palin cos she’s hot.

IMO, Palin was not hot, but Haley is. Of course, I wouldn’t vote for her because her ideology is opposed to mine.  And you would think that any intelligent woman interested in women’s rights and standing in our society, would not vote GOP.  However, having intelligence does not mean that one will make the best choices or be swayed by the most evidence.  (The guy that recently wrote “The Republican Brain” makes that point pretty well in his book.)

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Jeff Immelt.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 10 April 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  3253
Joined  2011-08-15

Arizona Governor Jan brewer: gutsy conservative female, took on President Obama and let him know that this gal can’t be pushed around. Also loves Jesus. Vetoes all tax bills in her state and fights illegal immigration.  vampire

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 10 April 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Rocinante - 10 April 2012 02:21 PM

Jeff Immelt.

Someone like this might work if the economy goes in the toilet between now and the election, but if that happens, a lot of potential GOP VP candidates could be sufficient.

Signature 

Posted: 10 April 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Thevillageatheist - 10 April 2012 02:37 PM

Arizona Governor Jan brewer: gutsy conservative female, took on President Obama and let him know that this gal can’t be pushed around. Also loves Jesus. Vetoes all tax bills in her state and fights illegal immigration.  vampire

Cap’t Jack

And she’s hot!  (insert sarcasm emoticon here)

Signature 

1 of 3

‹‹ Definition      Hate crimes legislation? ››