I’m new here, and I believe in UFOs
Posted: 11 April 2012 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-04-11

I know my view isn’t terribly popular around here, but it’s just my view of things…

Anyways I have researched the subject for some time and have come to the conclusion that some UFOs are controlled by a non-human intelligence.

Basically the testimony from credible witnesses (pilots, astronauts, military personell, air traffic controllers, scientists, engineers, police officers and more) of physical machines making incredible maneuvers convinces me.

That being said I’m open to other ideas and look forward to my time here.  grin

Posted: 11 April 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2757
Joined  2011-11-04

Welcome.  There does seem to be a lot of testimony.  I wonder, however, why there is not a very big percentage of convincing matching visual documentation, especially nowadays, since the advent of personal video cameras and now that so many people have a cell phone video camera.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 11 April 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11

Hi, I believe in UFOs too…and that there is probably life elsewhere in the universe. I just don’t believe they have ever come here, and those objects are just that—-Unidentified. Sometimes we figure out what they are, sometimes we speculate, and sometimes we use that honorable phrase ‘I don’t know’. Just as I don’t automatically think of ‘bigfoot’ when something dashes in the forest just outside of my eyesight, I don’t automatically think of alien controlled spacecraft when I see something unknown in the sky. I never come to a solution before looking at a problem.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 11 April 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2012-04-11
asanta - 11 April 2012 06:00 PM

Hi, I believe in UFOs too…and that there is probably life elsewhere in the universe. I just don’t believe they have ever come here, and those objects are just that—-Unidentified. Sometimes we figure out what they are, sometimes we speculate, and sometimes we use that honorable phrase ‘I don’t know’. Just as I don’t automatically think of ‘bigfoot’ when something dashes in the forest just outside of my eyesight, I don’t automatically think of alien controlled spacecraft when I see something unknown in the sky. I never come to a solution before looking at a problem.

I mostly agree with you.

I totally agree that when someone sees a light in the sky, there are hundreds of more plausible explanations then an alien space craft. However, the evidence I am referring to is not a bunch of sightings of “lights in the sky”.

I am referring to close range sightings of machines. smile

[ Edited: 11 April 2012 08:31 PM by voyager ]

Posted: 11 April 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7504
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome voyager.  I’m a big fan of the late Gene and late Majel Roddenberry and I also like to believe there is life on some other planet, although I doubt they’ve visited us yet.  Your name reminds me of Star Trek: Voyager.  smile  I also doubt they’d look like what Gene imagined, but it never hurts to speculate.  Anyway, jump right in and join the conversations.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 11 April 2012 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2008-04-11

Welcome and PLEASE don’t post the same information in two different threads.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 12 April 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  5166
Joined  2010-06-16

Like Asanta, I also believe in UFOs, that is normal things and phenomena that we just weren’t able to identify, but not that they came from outer space.  Anything from an escaped baloon, an airplane that happens to be too high up to recognize or which happens to reflect sunlight at sunset, or one at night that happens to have its landing lights on, etc. can be unidentified but not mean anything special. 

With the myriad of stars and planets, it’s almost certain that life has occurred many times and that intelligent life has also happened.  However, the physical limitations of the universe - extreme distances and velocity maximums make it almost impossible for any of we intelligent life forms to travel from one star to another.  So I don’t believe any extra-solar UFOs have ever visited earth.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 12 April 2012 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-12

“What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence” - Christopher Hitchens 2003

Yes there have been many unidentified flying objects but to assume that these were visitors from outer space is baseless.

Signature 

“The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away” - Tom Waits

Posted: 16 May 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2008-04-11
voyager - 11 April 2012 04:41 PM

Basically the testimony from credible witnesses (pilots, astronauts, military personell, air traffic controllers, scientists, engineers, police officers and more) of physical machines making incredible maneuvers convinces me.

Funny, the one class you don’t have on your list are the ones who are most experienced at identifying things in the sky, astronomers and astrophysicists. They spend so much more time looking up into the skies of the universe than the air traffic controllers, engineers, police officers and other scientists. I don’t see a stampede of astronomers telling us about the strange object they found in the sky, although this discovery would make them instant millionaires and famous, especially when the other astronomers double check and verify their findings.  smile ...and as Neil DeGrasse Tyson has pointed out on many occasions, the object most often mistaken for a UFO by policemen etc, turns out to be the moon or Venus.

Signature