Hello from Kansas
Posted: 24 April 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

Hello everyone!

I’m an active member of The Skeptics Society Forum and a member of our local Air Capital Skeptics group here in Wichita.  I just found out about CFI this weekend when James Underdown came from the LA office to give a talk at our Skeptics of Oz conference.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 24 April 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Welcome Austin! Great to have you with us. I think you will like it here.

What is that, a Jayhawk in a space suit? Congratulations on your runner-up NCAA basketball team. You guys played a great game, but this year was destined to be the year of the Cat!  cheese

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 24 April 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15368
Joined  2006-02-14

Yes indeed, welcome to the CFI Forum, Austin. Glad you’re here. Please do feel free to jump in and join our discussions!

Cheers,

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 24 April 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4807
Joined  2007-10-05

Welcome Austin. I spent 10 years in Kansas (Overland Park and Olathe). Had to leave because I couldn’t stand the weather and I’m allergic to alfalfa and Republicans.  wink Jump in and join the discussions.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 27 April 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04
DarronS - 24 April 2012 04:14 PM

Welcome Austin. I spent 10 years in Kansas (Overland Park and Olathe). Had to leave because I couldn’t stand the weather and I’m allergic to alfalfa and Republicans.  wink Jump in and join the discussions.

So that’s what’s the matter with Kansas… alfafa and Republicans…  Personally, I have nothing against alfalfa, unless it’s mildewed or moldy.

Austin is a good Texas name.  But, Darron, Texas is a red state.  I guess you keep supplied with antihistamines.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 27 April 2012 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7571
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Austin.  Glad to have you here.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 29 April 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24
TimB - 27 April 2012 03:54 PM
DarronS - 24 April 2012 04:14 PM

So that’s what’s the matter with Kansas…

I must say, What’s the Matter with Kansas was a pretty depressing book to read as a Kansan.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 06 June 2012 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  4256
Joined  2010-08-15
Austin Harper - 24 April 2012 09:36 AM

Hello everyone!

I’m an active member of The Skeptics Society Forum and a member of our local Air Capital Skeptics group here in Wichita.  I just found out about CFI this weekend when James Underdown came from the LA office to give a talk at our Skeptics of Oz conference.

Welcome Austin !!!

I haven’t been very active here lately, super busy and no one wants to argue about my little passion AGW awareness (an indication of the fine caliber of folks over here)  grin 
It was good seeing some of your posts the past two days, like bumping into an old friend .
I think you’ll fine some interesting discussions here.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?