The Ghost of Joe McCarthy Slither around Allen West’s mind
Posted: 03 May 2012 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07
ciceronianus - 03 May 2012 08:59 AM
traveler - 03 May 2012 04:37 AM
ciceronianus - 02 May 2012 08:43 AM

West is not an admirable man, but I’m not very fond of Moyers, personally.  He has his own history of thugery, tracking down homosexuals in cooperation with the FBI while working for LBJ’s administration in various capacities, assisting in the bugging of Martin Luther King, advocating the surveillance of civil rights groups, seeking information from J. Edgar Hoover about Goldwater and his supporters.  A most sanctimonious fellow, who probably should not pontificate to the extent he does, all too often.  And I’m inclined to think that unfortunately, McCarthy is not that unusual a politician in the history of our Glorious Republic.  Using him as a rhetorical device is always safe, but is getting tiresome.

Do you have sources for these claims against Moyers? Particularly the thugery, homophobia, and bugging of MLK. That’s not consistent with Moyers’s usual role as in, for instance, Great Society.

I’m always afraid I’ll mess up when I try to link something.  A lot of this apparently came out in 2009 on a review of FBI files.  Jack Shaefer at Slate did several articles about it, as did Joe Stephens at The Washington Post.  More conservative publications like the WSJ and the Weekly Standard had a field day with it, of course, but Stephens did the first article about it as I understand it.  The Wikipedia article on Moyers addresses some of it as well.  You should be able to find these on a search of the Web.

Links are a basic skill these days. Don’t be scared! At any rate, the articles are: HERE

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 03 May 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  346
Joined  2008-09-10
traveler - 03 May 2012 10:05 AM
ciceronianus - 03 May 2012 08:59 AM
traveler - 03 May 2012 04:37 AM
ciceronianus - 02 May 2012 08:43 AM

West is not an admirable man, but I’m not very fond of Moyers, personally.  He has his own history of thugery, tracking down homosexuals in cooperation with the FBI while working for LBJ’s administration in various capacities, assisting in the bugging of Martin Luther King, advocating the surveillance of civil rights groups, seeking information from J. Edgar Hoover about Goldwater and his supporters.  A most sanctimonious fellow, who probably should not pontificate to the extent he does, all too often.  And I’m inclined to think that unfortunately, McCarthy is not that unusual a politician in the history of our Glorious Republic.  Using him as a rhetorical device is always safe, but is getting tiresome.

Do you have sources for these claims against Moyers? Particularly the thugery, homophobia, and bugging of MLK. That’s not consistent with Moyers’s usual role as in, for instance, Great Society.

I’m always afraid I’ll mess up when I try to link something.  A lot of this apparently came out in 2009 on a review of FBI files.  Jack Shaefer at Slate did several articles about it, as did Joe Stephens at The Washington Post.  More conservative publications like the WSJ and the Weekly Standard had a field day with it, of course, but Stephens did the first article about it as I understand it.  The Wikipedia article on Moyers addresses some of it as well.  You should be able to find these on a search of the Web.

Links are a basic skill these days. Don’t be scared! At any rate, the articles are: HERE

You’re right, I should just go ahead and see what happens.

Signature 

“Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain.” 
—F. Schiller

http://theblogofciceronianus.blogspot.com

3 of 3