Really Enjoying the Podcast
Posted: 29 April 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

I just stumbled across the podcast on Friday and I’ve already listened to all five episodes.  I’m really enjoying it!

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 10 May 2012 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-05-10

Same here.

I came across this podcast last week and I’ve listened to the first 6 episodes and am really enjoying it. 

I’ve read a number of Price’s books and heard many of his Bible Geek podcasts over the years, but I like the format of this show more than that of the Bible Geek podcasts, especially with this show’‘s emphasis on laying a foundation of basic concepts, terminology and methods relevant to biblical criticism.  While I enjoy all the different segments of the show, the ‘Up to speed’ part at the beginning is what I enjoy most.  There’s long been a need for this sort of thing for interested lay-persons, so I’m delighted to have discovered it and that someone with Price’s impressive erudition is doing it.

One small gripe, and I know I’m not alone in this…the corny voice impersonations.  They are amusing and endearing at times, and they bubble up spontaneously out of Price’s irreverent (while somehow still respectful) personality, but they are distracting.  I wish he’d rein those impulses in because when I want to recommend the podcast to people who are new to the very idea of serious biblical criticism, those impersonations make the show seem less serious than it is and create the impression that Dr. Price is just some hack playing for laughs.  But, apart from that, I have no complaints. The show’s format is great and nicely varied, not too long and not too short, and I’ve enjoyed and benefited from every episode.

Keep up the good work to all those involved in the show.
-Ozymandias

Signature 

Nothing is so effective as the notion of the sacred for making good people do bad things.

Posted: 10 May 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

I’m with you on the voices.  They can be a bit distracting.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

‹‹ Book List      Episode 006 ››