The Final World War: Eradicate All Religions Except __________ .
Posted: 05 May 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-05-03

The world should have only one religion.

I believe that the next WWIII should be a war to eradicate all religions except one.

I am inclined to say Buddhism except that a base of buddhist fundamentalists would not condone a war. That leaves only one other option. That would be Christianity.

The world would be a better place with the world’s base agreeing on one interpretation of God.

Posted: 05 May 2012 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3121
Joined  2008-04-07

Eradicate all religions.

Signature 

Turn off Fox News - Bad News For America
(Atheists are myth understood)

Posted: 05 May 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

The world would be a better place with the world’s base agreeing on one interpretation of God.

In case you missed the news, the result of defining an orthodoxy like that and imposing it on all others under he force and penalty of the law is known as a theocracy, a form of government which is notorious for it’s sheer nasty brutality.

I’ll take a pass on that, thank you very much.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 05 May 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5176
Joined  2010-06-16

First, I think it’s so well recognized by the heads of all groups with the ability to start a World War that there’s so much lethal power distributed across the world that they would certainly be destroyed, that a World War is extremely unlikely.

Second, as generalized human intelligence increases because of genetic engineering, science progresses, information transfer becomes extremely efficient because of the Internet and new additional methods, the idea of any supernatural forces will fade away as will all religions.

So, we don’t need even one religion - a world government that promotes ethical behavior will do just fine.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 05 May 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2008-09-29

“That leaves only one other option. That would be Christianity.”

LOL!

Which one?  Orthodox?  Catholic?  Protestant?  Mormon?

Good luck.

Posted: 05 May 2012 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2010-04-19
TenFold - 05 May 2012 06:44 AM

I believe that the next WWIII should be a war to eradicate all religions except one.

I am inclined to say Buddhism except that a base of buddhist fundamentalists would not condone a war. That leaves only one other option. That would be Christianity.

I’m still waiting for an argument for any religion at all. You’re getting ahead of yourself.

Signature 

Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

- Bruce Lee -

Posted: 06 May 2012 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24

Are you effing serious? confused   If you are serious, I think you’re incorrect on all counts.  First, it’s impossible to eradicate a religion; second, any world religion will have dissenters - no matter what it is;  three, the whole world will never agree on any one interpretation of God.  As bad as it might be to say it, the world right now is preferable to what you are suggesting.

[ Edited: 06 May 2012 03:41 AM by mid atlantic ]
 Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 06 May 2012 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  5176
Joined  2010-06-16

Well put, M-A.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 06 May 2012 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  2011-12-30
mid atlantic - 06 May 2012 03:34 AM

Are you effing serious? confused   If you are serious, I think you’re incorrect on all counts. 
First, it’s impossible to eradicate a religion;
second, any world religion will have dissenters - no matter what it is; 
three, the whole world will never agree on any one interpretation of God.  As bad as it might be to say it, the world right now is preferable to what you are suggesting.

Thanks for your comment, Mid-atlantic, (MA). May I offer another thesis:
The world will be a better place when a democratically-elected and secular government is given the power to regulate all religions and rule as follows, which I offer in non-legalese language:
To get a license to operate and incorporate as a community group and/or charity, all religions will be required to have the following written into its constitution: If we disagree with any of the doctrines, ritual and polity of other religions, we agree to disagree, agreeably. We agree to love (give good will to) others and expect them to do the same with us.

THE RULING IS
In the light of the above, no license will be granted to any religion which claims to have power over others, including claiming that it has The Truth, the Whole Truth and nothing but The Truth.
===========================
A thread on this theme, now has over 4,000,000 hits. Feel free to join in:
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=43500&#Post43500;

[ Edited: 06 May 2012 03:32 PM by RevLGKing ]

Posted: 07 May 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

How many people in history have tried to do just this? How many wars have already been fought over religion?

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell