2 of 7
Jesus forgiving sin is unjust to Victim.
Posted: 11 May 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Like these? I always thought they were kinda hot…

Yeah, but may their gods help you if you don’t make them…..errrrrr…..smile when you get in the sack to do the deed with them. They’ll cut your heart out.

Oh….waitaminute…the Klingons don’t have any gods. They killed them because they were too much trouble.

Hmmmmm….we just might learn something from that example! wink

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 13 May 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

No forgiveness and you end up with the Hatfields and McCoys.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 04 July 2012 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2012-07-04

Just as it is possible to offend both the robbery victim and independently offend the state (i.e. criminal prosecution), why is it not possible to offend the victim and independently offend God? Just as the state’s forgiveness does not impede the victim’s right to civil damages, how does God’s forgiveness impede the robbery victims rights?

Does God forgive the perpetrator for offending the robbery victim or for offending God?

Posted: 04 July 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10
student - 04 July 2012 07:54 AM

Just as it is possible to offend both the robbery victim and independently offend the state (i.e. criminal prosecution), why is it not possible to offend the victim and independently offend God? Just as the state’s forgiveness does not impede the victim’s right to civil damages, how does God’s forgiveness impede the robbery victims rights?

Does God forgive the perpetrator for offending the robbery victim or for offending God?

The state represents the victim in most cases. Not murder of course then they represent the corpse.

If most other cases, if the victim does not lay the charge, there is no prosecution.
This happens often in marital disputes and assaults.
The victim decides if any other intervention is required.
If the victim forgive the infraction, whether the state is insulted or not, the state backs off.

In the case of a God, who cannot possibly be hurt in any way, for a forgiven person to have to seek his forgiveness as well would mean that a sinner must pay twice for the same sin. That is unjust.

The victim is the one who deserves closure or restitution. Not some all powerful God who has no needs to assuage.

Regards
DL

Posted: 04 July 2012 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-04

Does the state back off because the state no longer has a right to prosecute or because an uncooperative victim witness makes a case much more difficult to prosecute?

Why are criminal cases labeled State of California versus defendant? Except on the witness list and in the statement of facts, where is the “represented” victim’s name? Did the Goldman and Brown families get both a criminal and civil crack at O. J. Simpson? Can a victim mandate criminal prosecution even if the district attorney prefers not to?

If I kill someone, the state prosecutes me. If the killing is in a federal office, the federal government prosecutes me. Is it unjust that I pay twice for the same sin?

In the case of god, there seems to be some agreement. Seems hard to imagine god being hurt or injured. Is disobedience alone a sufficient reason to punish or seek forgiveness?

On the reverse side of the coin, should need be the only justification for punishment?

Posted: 04 July 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Student, what is it with these unfocused rants? rolleyes

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 04 July 2012 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02
FreeInKy - 11 May 2012 05:27 AM
Occam. - 10 May 2012 05:31 PM

Yeah, I waited many years for some advanced species female aliens to show up for me to mate with.  LOL

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFyufiEwDSLZ4RHiIuA2kx9lMLqQWO13gcM7LPXU26Noba0wyfhXBXt2LG

LOL  “He’s not very handsome, but I will have him.”

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 04 July 2012 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2007-03-02
Occam. - 11 May 2012 09:51 AM

Nah, not Klingons.  Possibly the empath being transported to another world by the Enterprise.  She was played by Famke Jansenn. smile

Occam

There for a moment I thought you were talking about Troi.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 04 July 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
student - 04 July 2012 02:58 PM

Does the state back off because the state no longer has a right to prosecute or because an uncooperative victim witness makes a case much more difficult to prosecute?

Simply stated. If no one claims to be a victim, there is no crime.
It is also likely that there are exceptions to all rules.

Why are criminal cases labeled State of California versus defendant? Except on the witness list and in the statement of facts, where is the “represented” victim’s name? Did the Goldman and Brown families get both a criminal and civil crack at O. J. Simpson? Can a victim mandate criminal prosecution even if the district attorney prefers not to?

What does Roe v/s Wade tell you?

If I kill someone, the state prosecutes me. If the killing is in a federal office, the federal government prosecutes me. Is it unjust that I pay twice for the same sin?

I do not know all of the U. S. laws but do know that you cannot be convicted twice for the same crime.

In the case of god, there seems to be some agreement. Seems hard to imagine god being hurt or injured. Is disobedience alone a sufficient reason to punish or seek forgiveness?

If we are talking of A & E, whom God tried to deny knowledge of almost everything from, I would say that he is the one who owes man more than man owes him. Any human who would not break such a stupid rule is not worthy of being called human. Any God who would give such a command is not worthy of kissing our ass.

You will know that the Jews who wrote the O.T. interpreted Eden as man’s elevation while the Christian usurpers decided to call it a fall. Much more $$$$$$$$ in a fall of course.

On the reverse side of the coin, should need be the only justification for punishment?

Any punishment should have a purpose. We mostly put people in jail to protect the public and exact revenge. Protection is a need. Revenge is more of a want.

Regards
DL

Posted: 04 July 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2011-08-10
Mriana - 04 July 2012 06:23 PM
FreeInKy - 11 May 2012 05:27 AM
Occam. - 10 May 2012 05:31 PM

Yeah, I waited many years for some advanced species female aliens to show up for me to mate with.  LOL

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFyufiEwDSLZ4RHiIuA2kx9lMLqQWO13gcM7LPXU26Noba0wyfhXBXt2LG

LOL  “He’s not very handsome, but I will have him.”

Don’t forget your armor and bandages. LOL.

Regards
DL

Posted: 05 July 2012 06:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
Mriana - 04 July 2012 06:24 PM
Occam. - 11 May 2012 09:51 AM

Nah, not Klingons.  Possibly the empath being transported to another world by the Enterprise.  She was played by Famke Jansenn. smile

Occam

There for a moment I thought you were talking about Troi.

We cannot bring up Deanna Troi without a photo. It’s a rule. I just made it up.

Deanna-Troi.jpg

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 05 July 2012 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  9284
Joined  2006-08-29

Yeah, but that photo is from the times before the feminist art director got on the show. grin

Posted: 05 July 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2007-03-02

I prefer her in that dress than the uniform.  I think it is a lovely picture of her.  However, I want the dress below.  LOL

Image Attachments
TROI05.jpg
 Signature 

Mriana

Posted: 05 July 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

I always had a soft spot in my heart for her because, well she’s smokin’ hot, but also because Marina Sirtis is Greek, like my father’s family.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 05 July 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-07-04

Greatest I am:

Thank you for responding to my questions.

Though I may not always (mostly?) agree with your responses, you deserve great praise for responding and even more for your analytical approach.

Unfortunately (maybe just for me?) I do not have the same available time to respond. Holiday time made prior responses possible. Hoping to respond substantively soon.

For now, seemed appropriate to not ignore your responses.

Again, thank you for your responses.

student

2 of 7