1 of 2
Stanton Friedman
Posted: 21 May 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2011-09-23

What do you think about physicist and UFO-Investigator Stanton Friedman?

Posted: 21 May 2012 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

Not much. I’m too busy to pay attention to people who insist their dreams are reality despite the total lack of evidence. (Little dolls don’t count.)

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 21 May 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24

I’ve seen him on many U.F.O. documentaries, he is the “go to guy” for those kinds of programs.  He seems to believe that E.T’s are here, and we are using their technology, but I’ve never bothered to look further into his claims.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 21 May 2012 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

My gut feeling about him has always been he may or may not believe in his claims, but the one thing he believes in above all else is the UFO true believers will pay good money to hear him speak or read his books.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he spelled it Ro$well.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 22 May 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3256
Joined  2011-08-15

A quick reading of his “debunkers” article including a scathing ad hominem attack on Joe Nickelland James Randi not to mention his attack on Skeptical Inquiry mag. should show his stance on reality. I’ve seen him tauting his message on several paranormal shows with weak evidence about aliens. He even drags out the old Barney and Betty show on occasion as “proof”. Aliens pay off big time. Job opportunities here. Anybody out there want to sell crystal skulls for a living?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 22 May 2012 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Anybody out there want to sell crystal skulls for a living?

Seems to pay well enough. Especially if you can convince some rube that it’s thousands of years old and nobody has any idea how anybody made it. (Be sure to hide the molds!) wink

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 22 May 2012 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

One word, EBAY! LOL

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 22 May 2012 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
Thevillageatheist - 22 May 2012 06:13 AM

A quick reading of his “debunkers” article including a scathing ad hominem attack on Joe Nickell and James Randi…

That’s enough right there to write the dude off!  angry

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 22 May 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-09-23

Have to find that article.
Some time ago he has talked about these evidence-cases, where stuff was found the Ufo has supposedly left behind, like landing marks, radiation and so on.
If i have time and money, i want to take a look at these sites by myself, cause i think many of the so called investigators are too enthusiastic (Bat shit insane!?), recently i have watched one of these cattle mutilation documentary’s and the guys who investigated the case have used a metal detector, one of them said that something (an alien implant!?) has moved (in the dead cow) while he was working with the detector… i think they have used bad equipment, or a bad episode-writer. 

One word, EBAY! LOL

That remembers me on that guy who sold a brick with the face of jesus for 1.500 $ (american ones).
Every time i think about that i have the urge to build my very own Jesus-Brick Production line grin

Posted: 22 May 2012 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

That remembers me on that guy who sold a brick with the face of jesus for 1.500 $ (american ones).
Every time i think about that i have the urge to build my very own Jesus-Brick Production line

Just type in “crystal skull” on ebay and see what comes up. The highest priced is $80,000.00! Others mentioned possess “healing” properties. You can find the article I mentioned on his web site. Just type in his name and go to “debunkers”. His diatribe against Joe is that he has a Phd. in English but doesn’t mention over thirty years of practical experience in the field, spending more ink on attempting to refute Joe’s claims than providing proof of his.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 23 May 2012 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2011-09-23

Joe?

Posted: 23 May 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Joe?

Are you asking who Joe is or are you doubting what Freidman said about him???

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 23 May 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2011-09-23

Just some misunderstanding, sorry!
Now i know it was Joe Nickell, you were talking about.

Posted: 25 May 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  983
Joined  2005-01-14

Alexander, you ought to get together with “Voyager” who posted a topic on UFOs a while back (and which I just updated, btw).

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2011-09-23

@advocatus

Ah, thats mean, I didnt say i believe in these things the way other people do, but i want to take a closer look at them, maybe there is something else that could be discovered.

Posted: 26 May 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  983
Joined  2005-01-14

I didn’t mean to imply that you did believe in them.  But if you’re looking for information, his topic is a good starting point.  That’s all I meant.

1 of 2