6 of 7
Should man rule over women for women’s own good?
Posted: 23 July 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2009-02-26
magus - 14 July 2012 08:32 AM

Men should rule over women because woman is taken from man. It is up to a man if he allow the woman to rule over him. A good relationship depend on you. smile

Actually man is taken from woman, usualy with the help of a doctor or a mid-wife. It’s called birth.
No matter how you want to twist the truth, this is an undeniable fact. Woman came before man.

And if you want to go far enough back into scripture, you will read that Adam and Lilith were both created at the ame time, from dirt. But Lilith did not obey man and was therefore “condemned” as a eternal demon. But of course, no female, no birth, so Eve had to be invented. Sweet, subservient Eve who still managed to have both expelled from Eden.
Oh, those women, they must be controlled or they will start wars, make all men their servants, and rule the world.
We can only hope.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 23 July 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  3253
Joined  2011-08-15

And if you want to go far enough back into scripture, you will read that Adam and Lilith were both created at the ame time, from dirt. But Lilith did not obey man and was therefore “condemned” as a eternal demon. But of course, no female, no birth, so Eve had to be invented. Sweet, subservient Eve who still managed to have both expelled from Eden.
Oh, those women, they must be controlled or they will start wars, make all men their servants, and rule the world.
We can only hope.

Of course Lilith HAD to be condemned! The hussy had sex with an archangel, while eve represents the stepford wife of the bible and except for that indiscretion with the snake, remained loyal to her man while her sons committed incest and the rest is history. Sumerian and Babylonian folk myth at their best. What does one expect from a patriarchal society?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 23 July 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  6159
Joined  2009-02-26
Thevillageatheist - 23 July 2012 07:03 PM

We can only hope.

Of course Lilith HAD to be condemned! The hussy had sex with an archangel, while eve represents the stepford wife of the bible and except for that indiscretion with the snake, remained loyal to her man while her sons committed incest and the rest is history. Sumerian and Babylonian folk myth at their best. What does one expect from a patriarchal society?

Cap’t Jack

Tall tales of “the big one that got away” and “the bitch that done somebody wrong” songs… cheese

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 24 July 2012 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2011-08-10
DarronS - 17 July 2012 05:32 PM
Greatest I am - 15 July 2012 11:22 AM

Genesis 1.  Created he them male and female.

Gen 1 calls you a liar.

But Gen 2 says god created man from dust and woman from Adam’s rib. That’s why men have one less rib than women.

Wait. What? Men and women have the same number of ribs? So in addition to contradictory myths the Bible is just plain wrong. I guess god is so all-powerful he can contradict himself while being wrong and still get people to believe his line of BS.

Yep. As long as the fear of death is assuaged, thanks to the church putting guilt in there to begin with, then as long as you put enough $$$$$$$ in the basket, you can believe whatever you like.

That may be why many think the church is Satan.

Regards
DL

Posted: 24 July 2012 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Total Posts:  3253
Joined  2011-08-15

Tall tales of “the big one that got away” and “the bitch that done somebody wrong” songs…

Ugh! I smell spilled beer and cheap cigar smoke cough cough!  tongue rolleye

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 24 July 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14
Write4U - 23 July 2012 04:16 PM
magus - 14 July 2012 08:32 AM

Men should rule over women because woman is taken from man. It is up to a man if he allow the woman to rule over him. A good relationship depend on you. :)

Actually man is taken from woman, usualy with the help of a doctor or a mid-wife. It’s called birth.

`
*teehee*

Shhh, don’t remind him about the ookie vajayjay!

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 28 July 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26
Occam. - 23 July 2012 01:21 PM

Or as poly- or multi- sexual.  That way we wouldn’t have time for the argument.

Occam

Oooh, a freaky sexual grab bag of varied genetic horrors.  Sounds fun!

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 21 August 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Total Posts:  3322
Joined  2011-11-04
sonicexy@gmail.com - 20 August 2012 11:07 PM

If someone does not want to have a monogamous relationship, they do not create one.

Re: your signature line

Did the wise men invent the sentence, and if so, what is it?

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15433
Joined  2006-02-14
TimB - 21 August 2012 12:20 AM

If someone does not want to have a monogamous relationship, they do not create one.

Sorry, spammer.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 21 August 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
dougsmith - 21 August 2012 04:25 AM
TimB - 21 August 2012 12:20 AM

Sorry, spammer.

Too bad.  I was curious about that sentence.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 13 September 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2012-08-27

As history would tell, men should rule. However in our world right now, the mind of a women has been very helpful in decision making.

Posted: 13 September 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

You have to be kidding, Jennifer.  From my reading of history, men have been responsible for all the great failures and catastrophes (not counting the natural ones).  From my years of experience I have found that neither sex has a monoply on wisdom, intelligence or stupidity.  There’s no reason for either sex to rule over or be responsible for the the other.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 13 September 2012 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
Jennifer Stallone - 13 September 2012 10:17 AM

As history would tell, men should rule. However in our world right now, the mind of a women has been very helpful in decision making.

History provides many examples of men ruling, who were responsible for terrible atrocities.  Certainly, we have far fewer examples in history of women ruling, but I don’t buy that just because that is the case, that this is the way things should be, now and forever. 

It seems to me that women can be as capable of ruling as men, if not more so.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Total Posts:  814
Joined  2012-04-25

I always thought it was kind of odd that god was considered a man.  Back then (being anecdotal of course) women Created the meals, Created the clothes, Created other humans for crying out loud, so naturally the Creator is a man right? It was probably just men that got thrown out of the hut or cave by their wives and saying to themselves “oh we’ll show them who’s who!”  :+)

Posted: 13 September 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
CuthbertJ - 13 September 2012 12:50 PM

I always thought it was kind of odd that god was considered a man.  Back then (being anecdotal of course) women Created the meals, Created the clothes, Created other humans for crying out loud, so naturally the Creator is a man right? It was probably just men that got thrown out of the hut or cave by their wives and saying to themselves “oh we’ll show them who’s who!”  :+)

The complete exclusion of a female deity, as in the Abrahamic religions, is a relatively new prominent phenomenon, if you consider the totality of mankind’s history.

Signature 

6 of 7