Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

A slight correction is in order…

876small.png

(Via the Daily Kos)

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 25 May 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2886
Joined  2011-08-15

Totally accurate! Notice the lack of white social amenities in the background too. No swimming pool, no benzie in the driveway, no driveway.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9283
Joined  2006-08-29

But cars, radios, windows and sunglasses are the invention of the whites. But yeah, it takes a bit more time, money and a lot of work to maintain a pool.

Posted: 25 May 2012 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Ok, but Indians cultivated and popularized tobacco so there. Smoke up whitey!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5184
Joined  2010-06-16

They also invented mobile homes (tents), at least independently.

And I figure, because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, white (low level of skin pigmentation) progeny will become more and more rare.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 26 May 2012 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Yes, and it sounds like “white America” is alarmed by this! I wonder how it will play out with voters as a represenataive of the conservative white culture faces off with a moderate representative of dark America? At least that’s how the WASPs see it.

http://whohijackedourcountry.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-census-data-real-americans.html

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 26 May 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Occam. - 26 May 2012 11:49 AM

And I figure, because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, white (low level of skin pigmentation) progeny will become more and more rare.

Yes, and everybody will become a hermaphrodite. I don’t think you understand how genes work, Occam.

Posted: 26 May 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

I have a pretty good understanding of genetics, George.  There are a number of genes determining melanin pigmentation so we have a wide variety of skin colors among humans already.  An example was when the slaves were brought from Africa they had very dark skin.  As the Caucasian slave owners mated with them their progeny were intermediate colored.  And after a few generations of more of the non-melanin genes being introduced, the results were called, I believe, “high yaller”. 

Gradually, fewer and fewer people with all historic northern European or more equatorial pigmentation will be born, but rather there will be a normal distribution of skin color with the most likely being a deeper biege. 

Oh, and to be equally snarky, I don’t think you understand how the Second Law of Thermodynamics works, George.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

If white people die out (and unless something changes they will) the coloured people will gradually darken unless there is a pressure for selecting lighter individuals. That pressure would have to be really strong though, as there are not that many coloured people with enough genes to keep them lighter. Evolution operates under the law of natural selection, not the law of thermodynamics.

[ Edited: 26 May 2012 05:14 PM by George ]

Posted: 26 May 2012 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  2588
Joined  2011-04-24

Are you gents talking about light skin worldwide, or in the U.S.A?

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 27 May 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

I have a pretty good understanding of genetics, George.  There are a number of genes determining melanin pigmentation so we have a wide variety of skin colors among humans already.  An example was when the slaves were brought from Africa they had very dark skin.  As the Caucasian slave owners mated with them their progeny were intermediate colored.  And after a few generations of more of the non-melanin genes being introduced, the results were called, I believe, “high yaller”. 

Gradually, fewer and fewer people with all historic northern European or more equatorial pigmentation will be born, but rather there will be a normal distribution of skin color with the most likely being a deeper biege.

I totally agree with your contention Occam and rather doubt that Caucasian skin tone will disapear as the reason for the lack of melanin in human skin is caused by the lack of sunlight where the white man lives. BTW, and everyone knows this, cro-magnon began as black skinned humans. Neanderthals had the white skin, or so the paleoanthropologists speculate due to the area in which they settled. Also, when slaves were first imported to America, they were purchased as indentured servants and later freed (the usual time is 7 years of service) to integrate into the community. After 400 years of this there were lighter skinned slaves and they were grouped into four catagories: black, mulatto (half), quadroon ( one quarter), and octaroon (one eighth). “High yellows” were usually one half-one quarter and had a yellow tint to the skin, hence the song “Yellow Rose of Texas”, a mistress of Santa Anna captured along with him.

As to white European skin tone dying out, that’s highly unlikley given the same georgaphic set of circumstances that created it in the first place. The more Northern you live, and the less exposure you have to the sun, the lighter skinned you’ll be.  I’m also not counting out genetics here as skin tone is passed via genes, everybody knows the Mendalian theory well and how that happens but climate and geography have long term effects. Racial blending produces dominant and recessive characteristics, ex. eye color, spotted bunnies mate with white bunnies and have mixed offspring etc. And BTW, heterogeneuous over homogenous any day. Another example of this is the difference in skin tone of the woodlands Indians as opposed to the darker reddish black color of the Plains Indians, constantly exposed to the sun, whereas Insians here lived under one vast forest canopy, see photographs and reports of white settlers. And by the 2nd law of Thermodynamics are you referring to Entropy?

Cap’t Jack

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

First, George, everything operates under the Second Law of Thermodynamics.  Natural selection is subsumed under that. 

Second, I wasn’t suggesting that white people will die out.  Rather that when a low melanin person procreates with a higher melanin one the children will, on average, have an intermediate number of melanin producing genes. 

Humans in colder areas who had lighter skin lost heat more slowly so had a survival advantage.  Humans in warmer areas who had darker skin lost heat more efficiently (darker colors tend to radiate at a higher rate) and probably were protected to some extent from ultraviolet damage.  These vectors of natural selection occurred over many generations.  Now, people move around so easily and rapidly, very few will be in one place for enough generations for significant changes to happen.

Occam

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

No, I was suggesting white people may die out. As the coloured people experience higher fitness than white people, everybody will gradually darken. It has nothing to do with the second law of thermodynamics.

Posted: 28 May 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2010-06-16

My observations are that more and more relationships are between different ethnic and racial persons.  When an asian or an african-american and a caucasion have children, the kids have the genes of both.  Just because a few external characteristics such as the child’s skin color are darker than that of the caucasian doesn’t mean that “white people” are dying out, just that entropy is at work and humans are becoming more homogeneous. [ entropy is an expression of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, and it’s controlling humans, genetics, and evolution just as it controls the rest of the universe.  LOL ]

Occam

[ Edited: 28 May 2012 01:16 PM by Occam. ]
 Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2012 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

As far as I know the reason why there are now statistically more “interracial” marriages in the U.S. is because more hispanics are now identifying as hispanics, i.e. not white. (I put “interracial” in quotes because hispanics are not a race.) And yes, a child from mixed parents will have genes from both parents and his descendants will maintain (on average) a lighter skin as long as they keep marrying other mulattoes or whites. Since whites, though, have a lower fertility rate than mulattoes who have a lower rate than blacks (on average), the genes for lighter skin will be slowly disappearing. Unlike the milk and coffee in your cappuccino, the genes in people don’t mix; your mentioning entropy is completely irrelevant here. Even Darwin already knew that and he didn’t even know that genes existed.

Posted: 28 May 2012 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

Ever since I saw that, I wonder where my family sits in the asinine idea, given that I’m white and 1/8 American Indian and my sons are part white, part black, and part American Indian.  Truth is, I don’t think anyone is purely one thing or the other and this idea that white are becoming a minority is all BS.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

1 of 15