15 of 15
White babies outnumbered?
Posted: 24 June 2012 08:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
mid atlantic - 24 June 2012 04:29 AM
George - 23 June 2012 07:29 AM

All humans are born lighter than they will eventually turn as they grow older, even black children. And even the chimps, actually. That’s why so many white women dye their hair blond: it helps them to appear younger. Nothing wrong with that, though. Women try to look younger and men strive to pretend they are powerfull. Everybody these days is either a manager or a director, auto mechanics are now “technicians,” and a graphic designer around the age of forty transforms into a “senior art director.”  grin

George, are you now dark, and a senior art director? tongue wink

Yes.  grin

[ Edited: 24 June 2012 08:31 AM by George ]

Posted: 24 June 2012 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

Posted: 24 June 2012 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Hmmm, is this last post a way of indicating your skin color, George? LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 June 2012 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

I am certainly darker than I used to be as a child. My hair used be blondish and now it’s brown.

Posted: 24 June 2012 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

All humans are born lighter than they will eventually turn as they grow older, even black children…..

Not so, some African American infants’ skin become lighter as the get older. You can’t always tell what their final shade will turn out to be until they are a bit older. I see the same phenomena with East Asian infants.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 24 June 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Total Posts:  7614
Joined  2007-03-02
asanta - 24 June 2012 12:06 PM

All humans are born lighter than they will eventually turn as they grow older, even black children…..

Not so, some African American infants’ skin become lighter as the get older. You can’t always tell what their final shade will turn out to be until they are a bit older. I see the same phenomena with East Asian infants.

I’m glad there is someone else who has seen the same thing as I have.  One person tried to tell me that the first child is the darkest of all the mixed children in the family too, but my family proves the opposite.  The older one as I mentioned is lighter then the younger one.  The truth is, it varies from person to person and a White couple can have a child who looks American Indian, due to a distant ancestor on both sides who was American Indian.  So one really cannot tell that what shade their child will be later based on what they look like at birth.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 24 June 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Total Posts:  3256
Joined  2011-08-15

I dunno. It is what it is; you can’t make it better or worse.

Hang on there George, that’s a gross generalization! Are you lumping me in with the “fast and furious”? And saying it’s so don’t make it so!  ohh

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 24 June 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

Well, basically a modern auto tech simply plugs a diagnostic machine into the vehicle’s on board computer, and it tells what the problem is. You can do it the old fashioned way though.

Yeh Mike, but plugging it in is just the start. after that the fun begins, and all the work to fix the problem. Like I said,try looking under the hood!

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 24 June 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

A CIA, or FBI agent will get some respect, but most gov. Jobs are filled by bottom feeders.

Signature 
Hmmm, Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Um, no. Have you taken the GS test? Even if you pass there other criteria before you are even interviewed. Even the lowest that is GS 5 and that’s not nanded out. I admit that some knotheads do get in but once again calling every gov’t employee a bottom feeder is a gross generalization if that’s who you’re aiming your comment about.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 24 June 2012 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

(Explanation of wise-ass comment for George) My post #213 asking if your prior post, #212, was an indication of your skin color was referring to the fact that it was a blank post and showed only a WHITE field.

George - 24 June 2012 10:50 AM

I am certainly darker than I used to be as a child. My hair used be blondish and now it’s brown.

Nah, I had light brown hair as a kid and it remained the same until I was about 40 when it began to become lighter and lighter until now it’s even lighter than tow-head.  smile  *

Occam

*Same color as post #212.

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 24 June 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
Occam. - 24 June 2012 06:11 PM

(Explanation of wise-ass comment for George) My post #213 asking if your prior post, #212, was an indication of your skin color was referring to the fact that it was a blank post and showed only a WHITE field.

LOL

Posted: 25 June 2012 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24
Thevillageatheist - 24 June 2012 04:11 PM

A CIA, or FBI agent will get some respect, but most gov. Jobs are filled by bottom feeders.

Signature 
Hmmm, Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Um, no. Have you taken the GS test? Even if you pass there other criteria before you are even interviewed. Even the lowest that is GS 5 and that’s not nanded out. I admit that some knotheads do get in but once again calling every gov’t employee a bottom feeder is a gross generalization if that’s who you’re aiming your comment about.

Cap’t Jack

I don’t know what a GS test is.

When I applied for a post office job, the civil service exam was below average IQ level in difficulty. Where I am, the majority of government workers are mostly incompetent.  But true, it is an overgeneralization to claim that all employees of the gov. are bad.  I take it back.

[ Edited: 25 June 2012 04:11 AM by mid atlantic ]
 Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 25 June 2012 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24
Thevillageatheist - 24 June 2012 03:46 PM

Well, basically a modern auto tech simply plugs a diagnostic machine into the vehicle’s on board computer, and it tells what the problem is. You can do it the old fashioned way though.

Yeh Mike, but plugging it in is just the start. after that the fun begins, and all the work to fix the problem. Like I said,try looking under the hood!

Cap’t Jack

Yes, I used to work on cars; finding the problem is the worst thing. When you know what the problem is, it’s much easier to go from there.

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

15 of 15