“Zombie” Attacker Called “A Good Christian”
Posted: 31 May 2012 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2012-02-02

Family members of the slain “zombie” attacker in Florida claim he read the Bible daily.

Eugene’s mother said police didn’t need to shoot her son.

“They could have tased him,” she told WFOR. “I saw what happened on TV and I started crying.”

Eugene’s girlfriend, who also requested anonymity from WFOR, said the attacker seen in that video was nothing like the man she lived with.

“He loved God. He always read the Bible. He would give you knowledge on the Bible. Everywhere he went his Bible went. When he left he had his Bible in his hand,” the girlfriend is quoted as saying.

“That wasn’t him, that was his body but it wasn’t his spirit. Somebody did this to him,” WFOR quotes her as saying.

I’ll refrain from making any jokes about this, but it does raise an awful lot of questions about what happened.  I’m also curious as to what’s going to happen to the poor homeless man who had most of his face chewed off.  I hope that charitable organizations are lining up to help him.

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2587
Joined  2011-04-24
Coldheart Tucker - 31 May 2012 09:27 PM

Family members of the slain “zombie” attacker in Florida claim he read the Bible daily.

Eugene’s mother said police didn’t need to shoot her son.

“They could have tased him,” she told WFOR. “I saw what happened on TV and I started crying.”

Eugene’s girlfriend, who also requested anonymity from WFOR, said the attacker seen in that video was nothing like the man she lived with.

“He loved God. He always read the Bible. He would give you knowledge on the Bible. Everywhere he went his Bible went. When he left he had his Bible in his hand,” the girlfriend is quoted as saying.

“That wasn’t him, that was his body but it wasn’t his spirit. Somebody did this to him,” WFOR quotes her as saying.

I’ll refrain from making any jokes about this, but it does raise an awful lot of questions about what happened.  I’m also curious as to what’s going to happen to the poor homeless man who had most of his face chewed off.  I hope that charitable organizations are lining up to help him.

Yes, that is a common refrain from the family and friends of people convicted of extreme crimes, especially among blacks and latinos. Their spiritual nature is held up as an example of decency.  You can’t really fault them for it though because they have such intense belief in God, it is their main (or only) lens on life.

The homeless man is named Ronald Poppo; according to this article http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/victim-of-miami-zombie-is-a-longtime-homeless-man/1232626  he’s been living on the streets for several decades. IMO, they should shoot that poor SOB - if he survives, he has nothing but misery ahead.

[ Edited: 01 June 2012 12:43 AM by mid atlantic ]
 Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-04-24

Another story along these same lines - http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/bs-md-ha-dismemberment-follow-20120531,0,4066697.story

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1064
Joined  2007-06-20

So he read a book about a man who rose from the dead and whose followers weekly engage in a ritual where they say they are literally eating his flesh and drinking his blood…and that is supposed to alleviate the “zombie” label?  She’s not helping.  LOL

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 01 June 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2772
Joined  2011-11-04

Some persons with Schizophrenia, read the Bible daily.  I wonder if the designer drug, that the “zombie” purportedly was on, just synergized an existing or underlying mental health disorder.

I would like to know more about what the difference is between those who have snorted “bath salts” and have not engaged in extreme, bizarre, violent behavior, vs. those who have.

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 08 June 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-11-04
jamesclark780 - 08 June 2012 08:45 PM

Its very nice and very great forum and post and IMO, they should shoot that poor SOB - if he survives, he has nothing but misery ahead. thanks for giving the helpful information.

From what I heard, they did shoot the face eating zombie guy.  He just looked at the cops, growled, and went back to face eating.  They then shot him until he was dead.  (I wonder if it took a head shot to kill him. That reminds me, I am looking forward to a new seaon of The Walking Dead.)

Signature 

“Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb… We are bound to others, past and present… And by each crime and every kindness… We birth our future.”  Sonmi, 2144.

Posted: 08 June 2012 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7641
Joined  2008-04-11
mid atlantic - 31 May 2012 10:05 PM

Yes, that is a common refrain from the family and friends of people convicted of extreme crimes, especially among blacks and latinos.

Unless they are not Catholic, you are unlikely to hear that refrain about a Latino comitting a heinous crime in my experience, most Catholics I know rarely read the bible. They would be more likely to say he ‘loved god’, ‘went to church twice a week’ and ‘took good care of his parents/family’. And the bible-reading refrain is just as applicable to whites in the bible belt.
[edit] for Catholics add ‘said his rosary’....

[ Edited: 09 June 2012 03:39 PM by asanta ]
 Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 09 June 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-11-04

Maybe the face eating guy was under the delusion that the homeless man was Jesus, and he decided to take communion directly from the source.

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2012 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2011-09-23
TimB - 08 June 2012 09:12 PM
jamesclark780 - 08 June 2012 08:45 PM

Its very nice and very great forum and post and IMO, they should shoot that poor SOB - if he survives, he has nothing but misery ahead. thanks for giving the helpful information.

From what I heard, they did shoot the face eating zombie guy.  He just looked at the cops, growled, and went back to face eating.  They then shot him until he was dead.  (I wonder if it took a head shot to kill him. That reminds me, I am looking forward to a new seaon of The Walking Dead.)

I think James meant the homeless guy

Posted: 09 June 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  5173
Joined  2010-06-16

Don’t bother trying to make sense of that post from jamesclark780.  He was a spammer, and they just write some short statement that almost never really means anything just so they can attach their spam to it.  His spam was deleted.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 09 June 2012 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
asanta - 08 June 2012 09:32 PM
mid atlantic - 31 May 2012 10:05 PM

Yes, that is a common refrain from the family and friends of people convicted of extreme crimes, especially among blacks and latinos.

Unless they are not Catholic, you are unlikely to hear that refrain about a Latino comitting a heinous crime in my experience, most Catholics I know rarely read the bible. They would be more likely to say he ‘loved god’, ‘went to church twice a week’ and ‘took good care of his parents/family’. And the bible-reading refrain is just as applicable to whites in the bible belt.
[edit] for Catholics add ‘said his rosary’....

I sit corrected.

Signature