1 of 2
Meanwhile in Egypt…
Posted: 02 June 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2715
Joined  2011-04-24

Former dictator Hosni Mubarak sentenced to life imprisonment http://abcnews.go.com/International/mubarak-sentenced-life-prison-egyptians-angered-relieved/story?id=16481962#.T8q5GtWm-So

Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 03 June 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  207
Joined  2011-09-23

Egypt is going down, and by going down i mean becoming a theocracy.
Now their legislature is filled with these bearded apes which will do their best to kill of any chance for democracy, the same is true for countries like Tunisia and Libya.
I am afraid that we will see the rise of a radical Islamic north africa, next to our doorstep (iam from europe).
And the even bigger Problem is that the european governments let these radical bastards come to europe, to live here and spread their poison.
In germany they have even been against questions, in a citizenship test, which would have helped to sort out these people, because it would be racist grin

I dont know what you think about the whole thing, but i would stop all the islamic countries, which dont allow freedom of religion, from funding mosques and other hate-speech centers in europe.

Posted: 03 June 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29

Europe is doomed. Look what happened in France. The majority of French didn’t vote for Hollande, but with that many immigrants the left has pretty much secured its place for many years to come. It’s a loop that will only make things worse. The immigrants will keep electing the left parties, and in return they will support immigration and offer the immigrants additional benefits. Even the Republicans are aware of the same problem in the U.S., and in Canada the NDP is quickly adding more and more seats. Things in Europe only need to get a little worse and soon they’ll be ready for their new Hitler.

[ Edited: 03 June 2012 12:12 PM by George ]

Posted: 03 June 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2011-09-23

I hope that we are not doomed, and the left is not such a bad thing some conservatives want us to believe, the problem are those opportunistic idiots which are in power, no matter if they tell us that they are left or right they are only interested in their own profit and betray their own “ideals” (all tough some never have any) not to mention the disease of political correctness.
I also don’t think that immigration is a problem, only Muslim immigration is a big one.
I have more in common with people from the other side of the planet, than with those which are born here but prefer to live in 7th century arabia.
Once i have talked with a quiet intelligent man from a nearby mosque, and after unbelievable five minutes into our conversation he tells me that Jews are drinking the blood of children…

Posted: 03 June 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Alexander80 - 03 June 2012 03:09 PM

I hope that we are not doomed, and the left is not such a bad thing some conservatives want us to believe, the problem are those opportunistic idiots which are in power, no matter if they tell us that they are left or right they are only interested in their own profit and betray their own “ideals” (all tough some never have any) not to mention the disease of political correctness.
I also don’t think that immigration is a problem, only Muslim immigration is a big one.
I have more in common with people from the other side of the planet, than with those which are born here but prefer to live in 7th century arabia.
Once i have talked with a quiet intelligent man from a nearby mosque, and after unbelievable five minutes into our conversation he tells me that Jews are drinking the blood of children…

Alexander80, do you remember this story?  http://www.austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2010-11-29/28753/Yodelling_offends_praying_Muslims,_say_judges 

Are firearms legal in Austria? If so, start using them against the muslims, and your politicians.

SERIOUSLY.

Signature 

Posted: 03 June 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
mid atlantic - 03 June 2012 06:39 PM

Are firearms legal in Austria? If so, start using them against the muslims, and your politicians.

SERIOUSLY.

mid atlantic, this is a forum for inquiry, not incitement to violence.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 03 June 2012 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-09-23

@mid atlantic
I dont think that a democracy needs to do such mad things, there are laws to prevent a hostile take over, unfortunately some people are more equal before the law than others.
Democracy and freedom are sacrificed on the altar of political correctness, to show respect to a bunch of morons.
Am i the only one who thinks that respect has to be earned first?

And a thing as worse as that is the rise of the far right, all those creeps are crawling out of their holes and gaining support by people who are frightened by the happenings, and left alone with their fears by the great parties.

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
dougsmith - 03 June 2012 07:08 PM
mid atlantic - 03 June 2012 06:39 PM

SERIOUSLY.

mid atlantic, this is a forum for inquiry, not incitement to violence.

Sorry.  There’s the line, and I crossed it.

Signature 

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Alexander80 - 03 June 2012 08:52 PM

@mid atlantic
I dont think that a democracy needs to do such mad things, there are laws to prevent a hostile take over, unfortunately some people are more equal before the law than others.
Democracy and freedom are sacrificed on the altar of political correctness, to show respect to a bunch of morons.
Am i the only one who thinks that respect has to be earned first?

And a thing as worse as that is the rise of the far right, all those creeps are crawling out of their holes and gaining support by people who are frightened by the happenings, and left alone with their fears by the great parties.

Democracy might not last long when the representatives of it are willing to legislate themselves out of existence.

Here’s me when I read about the yodeling man and his muslim neighbor

[ Edited: 03 June 2012 10:59 PM by mid atlantic ]
Image Attachments
e33 (3).gif
 Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20
mid atlantic - 03 June 2012 10:24 PM

That apology offends Muslims.  The word crossed has Christian connotations.  And saying there’s a line is too close to a chorus line with all those evil, dirty, scantily clad women who dare go out without their male masters and dance.  Also, the Jewish Star of David is made up of lines, and there’s a line of Jews waiting to take over the world, and lines of cocaine, and lines...! 
LOL  wink

The best way to handle the Religion of Perpetual Grievances (TM) (R) is not the initiation of violence.  And not with kid gloves.  The best way to handle this 7th Century ignorance, bigotry and barbarism is to yodel more, draw and post more cartoons of Mohammed, get more piggy banks, read The Satanic Verses and above all do the one thing they might just hate more than Jews, strongly exercise freedom of expression:

Freedom-of-expression-go-to-hell.jpg

The notion that people should never be offended flies in the face of freedom.  If someone can’t handle being offended, they need to grow up, not seek legislation demanding action and not by strapping a bomb to themselves and killing everyone around them while yelling some religious phrase, regardless of the religion. 

No one has a right to not be offended.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 05 June 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

While I’ve certainly offended people, I try not to do so.  My motivation is to convert those with weird ideas to a more reasonable approach, and offending them just polarized them and locks them into their beliefs..

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 05 June 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Rocinante - 05 June 2012 05:07 AM
mid atlantic - 03 June 2012 10:24 PM

That apology offends Muslims.  The word crossed has Christian connotations.  And saying there’s a line is too close to a chorus line with all those evil, dirty, scantily clad women who dare go out without their male masters and dance.  Also, the Jewish Star of David is made up of lines, and there’s a line of Jews waiting to take over the world, and lines of cocaine, and lines...! 
LOL  wink

The best way to handle the Religion of Perpetual Grievances (TM) (R) is not the initiation of violence.  And not with kid gloves.  The best way to handle this 7th Century ignorance, bigotry and barbarism is to yodel more, draw and post more cartoons of Mohammed, get more piggy banks, read The Satanic Verses and above all do the one thing they might just hate more than Jews, strongly exercise freedom of expression:

Freedom-of-expression-go-to-hell.jpg

The notion that people should never be offended flies in the face of freedom.  If someone can’t handle being offended, they need to grow up, not seek legislation demanding action and not by strapping a bomb to themselves and killing everyone around them while yelling some religious phrase, regardless of the religion. 

No one has a right to not be offended.

I didn’t cross the line then, I crescent mooned it!

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2011-09-23

Damn I hate that sort of PC!

I am offended most of the time, especially by people who wear sandals and socks, those who think that Austria is Australia, morbidly obese people who wear hot-pants, Nickleback, and people who want to tell me the good news about jesus, that are things which gross me out. wink

But i wouldn’t want them to be executed, or forced to stop wearing sandals, get slim, dressed or educated, that is their own decision, i just dont like it.
It would be a problem if i would be forced, at gunpoint, to watch a sandal and hot-pant wearing fat guy dance to Nickleback, but otherwise do like you wish.

I wonder what those appeasing morons will say when they finally get the message that islam is offended by our very existence?

Posted: 05 June 2012 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Alexander80 - 05 June 2012 06:43 PM

Damn I hate that sort of PC!

I am offended most of the time, especially by people who wear sandals and socks, those who think that Austria is Australia, morbidly obese people who wear hot-pants, Nickleback, and people who want to tell me the good news about jesus, that are things which gross me out. wink

But i wouldn’t want them to be executed, or forced to stop wearing sandals, get slim, dressed or educated, that is their own decision, i just dont like it.
It would be a problem if i would be forced, at gunpoint, to watch a sandal and hot-pant wearing fat guy dance to Nickleback, but otherwise do like you wish.

I wonder what those appeasing morons will say when they finally get the message that islam is offended by our very existence?

Genau Alexander80!  I hope that is the right response.

Those are things that I dislike also. LOL

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2012 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22
Alexander80 - 03 June 2012 09:02 AM

Egypt is going down, and by going down i mean becoming a theocracy.

Let’s hope that they don’t go the route of France after their revolution.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 05 June 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

The FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION GO TO HELL sign is more then just a bit ironic coming as it does from people who need freedom of expression to be able to say that and get away with it.

Anybody here think those joyboys see the disconnect?

If you do, I’ve got a bridge I’d like to sell!

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

1 of 2