7 of 7
What’s really behind Global Climate Change denial
Posted: 23 December 2012 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Wow, indeed.  I think had a health food clerk told me that, I might have gone into cardiac arrest.  And the worst part of it is that innocents walk into the store thinking the people there are experts and get completely messed up.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 28 December 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Total Posts:  2425
Joined  2007-07-05
jj - 23 December 2012 01:31 PM
Occam. - 21 December 2012 10:21 PM

I assign no value to the highschool dropouts who work in “heath food” stores and have no idea what they are talking about. 

Occam

You mean like the one who told me “chlorine is an evil compound, the world would be better off with no chlorine”.

Wow, just wow. How many things can somene get wrong in one statement?

You must believe people who are the salt of the Earth.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 30 December 2012 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-12-30

Hello everyone, i am new to the centre. This will be my first topic for a post.

Well first off, I never noticed that religious groups were ever stating climate change denial. Even going to Catholic school in st.John’s 20 years ago we learned of the effects of polution and greenhouse effects etc. So i am in full disagreement with your statement.

Secondly, it is fact that the whole science community itself has not been truthful on the subject. Ie mainstream media magnified points of view state temperature rises of 1 deg c in the artic that is the cause from greenhouse gases, then you have the science that states 1000 years ago, the climate in greenland was much warmer due to the vikings living there at that time had NO winter clothing. It is belived that they were killed by climate change 1000 years ago. Hmm sounds like a global temperature cycle to me. But its hard to convice the left wing science community of this when they are making millions in donations and government grants. It the lefts way of putting food on the table.

Another scientific study suggests that greenhouse gases actually reflect the suns radiation, thus cooling the planet. Good thing because if we were in a natural climate change…..maybe the temperatures would be changing even faster.

I wish the scientific community were not so divided…...were more organized in its approach and solidified their results by looking at the big picture, versus so narrow minded. Religion is considered a scientific method of personnal calm and solitude. Compare it to a drug safe place to inject the drugs…...the left say come here injet your drugs in a safe place and go. The right say come here and help get yourself off the drugs by not taking them….land stay as long as you want

Di

Posted: 30 December 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
the right of reason - 30 December 2012 10:32 AM

Another scientific study suggests that greenhouse gases actually reflect the suns radiation, thus cooling the planet.

Link?

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 08 January 2013 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Joined  2007-07-05

2012 Hottest Year On Record For Lower 48 States, NOAA Confirms

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/08/2012-hottest-year-on-record_n_2433210.html

[2197]
psik

[ Edited: 08 January 2013 02:06 PM by psikeyhackr ]
 Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 12 January 2013 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Joined  2007-07-05

Massive draft report warns warming is changing life in US

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50437252/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/massive-draft-report-warns-warming-changing-life-us/#.UPHjiH1HCoo

[2242]
psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 12 January 2013 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

Hello everyone, i am new to the centre. This will be my first topic for a post.

Well first off, I never noticed that religious groups were ever stating climate change denial. Even going to Catholic school in st.John’s 20 years ago we learned of the effects of polution and greenhouse effects etc. So i am in full disagreement with your statement.

There is a big difference between anecdote and data. You have provided anecdote.

Secondly, it is fact that the whole science community itself has not been truthful on the subject. Ie mainstream media magnified points of view state temperature rises of 1 deg c in the artic that is the cause from greenhouse gases, then you have the science that states 1000 years ago, the climate in greenland was much warmer due to the vikings living there at that time had NO winter clothing. It is belived that they were killed by climate change 1000 years ago. Hmm sounds like a global temperature cycle to me. But its hard to convice the left wing science community of this when they are making millions in donations and government grants. It the lefts way of putting food on the table.

Another scientific study suggests that greenhouse gases actually reflect the suns radiation, thus cooling the planet. Good thing because if we were in a natural climate change…..maybe the temperatures would be changing even faster.

...link and credentials please.

I wish the scientific community were not so divided…...were more organized in its approach and solidified their results by looking at the big picture, versus so narrow minded. Religion is considered a scientific method of personnal calm and solitude. Compare it to a drug safe place to inject the drugs…...the left say come here injet your drugs in a safe place and go. The right say come here and help get yourself off the drugs by not taking them….land stay as long as you want

Di

I don’t know where you get the idea the scientists are ‘divided’ on global warming. Those whose specialty is climatology are pretty much in agreement. They may disagree over smaller issues, such as how fast it will occur or how bad it will get, or how far we will have to go to dig ourselves out of the hole we put ourselves into, or even if we can.. take a look at the links others have provided.

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 15 January 2013 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15

How do we know more CO2 is causing warming?
http://www.skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect.htm

What the science says…
Select a level…    Intermediate          
An enhanced greenhouse effect from CO2 has been confirmed by multiple lines of empirical evidence. Satellite measurements of infrared spectra over the past 40 years observe less energy escaping to space at the wavelengths associated with CO2. Surface measurements find more downward infrared radiation warming the planet’s surface. This provides a direct, empirical causal link between CO2 and global warming.

The greenhouse gas qualities of carbon dioxide have been known for over a century. In 1861, John Tyndal published laboratory results identifying carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas that absorbed heat rays (longwave radiation). Since then, the absorptive qualities of carbon dioxide have been more precisely quantified by decades of laboratory measurements (Herzberg 1953, Burch 1962, Burch 1970, etc).

Why do you think all of this is a lie?
Can you explain it?

citizenschallenge.blogspot.com

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 15 January 2013 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

CC, I’m waiting for the link to the scientific study that suggests known greenhouse gases actually cool the planet.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 15 January 2013 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
DarronS - 15 January 2013 07:35 PM

CC, I’m waiting for the link to the scientific study that suggests known greenhouse gases actually cool the planet.

Aren’t we all.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

7 of 7

‹‹ Weather forecast      The Vanishing North ››