3 of 12
Hi—I have sued James Randi for not going forward with my $1Million Challenge
Posted: 19 June 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 12:38 PM
TromboneAndrew - 19 June 2012 12:34 PM

Also: for your system to be meaningful, you have to show how it, applied to anything that would definitely not result from divine intervention, would not work. For example, the C programming for a Tetris game. If your system does work for this and other obviously non-divinely-inspired things, it means we can say that your system is way too generalized and not useful.

Results of the ET Corn Gods language/game discovery:  EVERYTHING IS DIVINELY INSPIRED.  That’s hard to imagine, but we (the world, the universe) are a giant computer game.

Then your system is useless. I could say with just as much justification that the entire universe is made of cheese, and that’s exactly just as useful.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

I’m working on my own system. Hell, we should all make one. Why not?

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2012-06-18
TromboneAndrew - 19 June 2012 12:39 PM

Also: for your system to be meaningful, you have to show how it, applied to anything that would definitely not result from divine intervention, would not work. For example, the C programming for a Tetris game. If your system does work for this and other obviously non-divinely-inspired things, it means we can say that your system is way too generalized and not useful.

Results of the ET Corn Gods language/game discovery:  EVERYTHING IS DIVINELY INSPIRED.  That’s hard to imagine, but we (the world, the universe) are a giant computer game.

Then your system is useless. I could say with just as much justification that the entire universe is made of cheese, and that’s exactly just as useful.

Useless to someone (like you) who doesn’t have a clue what I am talking about.

Posted: 19 June 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
FreeInKy - 19 June 2012 12:57 PM

Suggest you continue to play with Lagos blocks, leave the complicated logic projects to people with much more creativity and math skills.

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2010-04-22
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 12:58 PM
TromboneAndrew - 19 June 2012 12:39 PM

Useless to someone (like you) who doesn’t have a clue what I am talking about.

Fine. Show how your system fails when applied to proving that the universe is made of cheese.

Signature 

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 12:59 PM
FreeInKy - 19 June 2012 12:57 PM

Suggest you continue to play with Lagos blocks, leave the complicated logic projects to people with much more creativity and math skills.

What are Lagos blocks?  Do you mean perhaps LEGO blocks? What magical meaning can you find in the word “bullshit”? Why haven’t you addressed my question about making predictions instead of just applying your rules as you see fit to match observations?

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Interesting concatenation of characteristics:  Irrationality - Ego - Certainty - Belief in fantasy.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
Austin Harper - 19 June 2012 01:21 PM

What are Lagos blocks?  Do you mean perhaps LEGO blocks? What magical meaning can you find in the word “bullshit”? Why haven’t you addressed my question about making predictions instead of just applying your rules as you see fit to match observations?

Doesn’t make predictions.  See a Psychic.

James Randi knows some.

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

That’s how science works.  You make predictions.  If your observations fit your predictions, your theory was correct.  If your observations do not fit your predictions, your theory was incorrect and you need to come up with a new theory.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
Austin Harper - 19 June 2012 02:38 PM

That’s how science works.  You make predictions.  If your observations fit your predictions, your theory was correct.  If your observations do not fit your predictions, your theory was incorrect and you need to come up with a new theory.

You are exactly right, and that’s why they faked the landing on the Moon—couldn’t test it.  The ET Corn Gods language/game works the same way.  You know something is there, you try links and combinations until you get something meaningful.  Thanks for the comment.

Posted: 19 June 2012 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 02:48 PM

You are exactly right, and that’s why they faked the landing on the Moon—couldn’t test it.  The ET Corn Gods language/game works the same way.  You know something is there, you try links and combinations until you get something meaningful.  Thanks for the comment.

I told you this guy was over the top. Check out his web page. He claims aliens caused the 9/11 WTC tower collapse.  LOL

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 12:35 PM
domokato - 19 June 2012 12:03 PM

Don’t you think, given the looseness of the rules you have, that you can find patterns anywhere easily, and that these patterns have no meaning?

Why would God create a set of very loose rules without any indication of how or when to apply them? Are you sure you’re not looking for patterns where there are none?

I can’t find patterns “anywhere easily”.  The translation rules are loose, but those were the rules I was taught.

By whom?

Those are the rules that work.  I look for patterns.  If I find one (within the rules) that may be used.

And if you find multiple?

You walk into a cave, see some scribbles on the wall of the Cave.  It is your (my) job to convert those scribbles to English and tell it to the World.

I know what you mean, but finding patterns is easy. You can do it with any sets of data. It doesn’t mean the patterns mean anything.

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
DarronS - 19 June 2012 02:56 PM

I told you this guy was over the top. Check out his web page. He claims aliens caused the 9/11 WTC tower collapse.  LOL

Better listen to your wisdom, you are going to college at age 50.  You will really be wise if you get a degree.  I got mine over 50 years ago—- before you were born.

Chances are you are qualified to rule on engineering subjects like the events of 911 2001 SD, and the ET Corn Gods language/game.

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Joined  2010-04-22
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 02:48 PM

That’s not entirely how science works. You try links and combinations, but what makes any study meaningful is the potential for falsification. Every scientific theory has that: conditions which the theory predicts are impossible, therefore if an impossible example is found, the theory is shown to be false; if no impossible example is found, the theory is considered sound.

Please consider this seriously. You have to have a way of falsifying your system for it to be testable. If the entire universe is filled with secret messages from God, then one way to test the falsifiability of your system is to see if it predicts that it is impossible that the entire universe is filled with some other code, for example, that the entire universe is made of cheese. If this is not how to demonstrate falsifiability in your system, you have to find out how.

Signature 

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

All the more reason to have a “Loser Pays” system to help slow down these frivolous lawsuits wasting the court’s and Randi’s time.

By the way, Randi’s million bucks has never been safer.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

3 of 12