4 of 12
Hi—I have sued James Randi for not going forward with my $1Million Challenge
Posted: 19 June 2012 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2012-06-18
domokato - 19 June 2012 03:08 PM

I know what you mean, but finding patterns is easy. You can do it with any sets of data. It doesn’t mean the patterns mean anything.

Just like the decoding of the three languages on the Rosetta Stone—it is trial an error.  The translations because of the patterns have to be meaningful—based upon the facts.

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 03:11 PM

I know what you mean, but finding patterns is easy. You can do it with any sets of data. It doesn’t mean the patterns mean anything.

Just like the decoding of the three languages on the Rosetta Stone—it is trial an error.  The translations because of the patterns have to be meaningful—based upon the facts.

How is “D is C over Y” meaningful? Or “Eve = She sexy”? lol

And I notice you’re ignoring my other questions.

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

Do you not even know what the Rosetta Stone was? When it was discovered in 1799 Greek was already understood.  It was by comparing the Greek to the Demotic and Hieroglyphs that the latter two were deciphered.  They weren’t all three decoded together.

As for your moon comment, first of all, that’s not a theory.  If you want to say that “we can get to the moon with a rocket” is a hypothesis, I guess you can.  But then we did test that hypothesis and it turned out we were right.  If you want to claim we didn’t make it to the moon because you don’t understand how it could work, that is argument from incredulity, a logical fallacy.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 19 June 2012 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Total Posts:  4498
Joined  2008-08-14
DarronS - 19 June 2012 02:56 PM
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 02:48 PM

You are exactly right, and that’s why they faked the landing on the Moon—couldn’t test it.  The ET Corn Gods language/game works the same way.  You know something is there, you try links and combinations until you get something meaningful.  Thanks for the comment.

I told you this guy was over the top. Check out his web page. He claims aliens caused the 9/11 WTC tower collapse.  LOL

Yes, and I notice that psikeyhackr is always conspicuosly absent from these kind of threads.  In my opinion some of these visitors must be spillover from psikey’s participation in other whacked out forums and blog spots.
Just my hypothesis…

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 19 June 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Total Posts:  776
Joined  2009-07-17

We had corn for dinner last night. Cooking it in the husk in the microwave results in a tasty ear of corn and makes removing the husk and silk very easy. Although generally I prefer grilled corn. Corn bread is good too. Although I’ve never cared for corn mush… The texture is just weird to me. I found a recipe for a corn and tomato salad with fresh basil. Very yummy. For a salty snack I enjoy both popcorn and corn nuts.

I’m sorry… What were you folks talking about?

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

Posted: 19 June 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
domokato - 19 June 2012 03:18 PM
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 03:11 PM

How is “D is C over Y” meaningful? Or “Eve = She sexy”? lol

And I notice you’re ignoring my other questions.

D is C over y = 4 = 10/25—- it is a discovery.

Eve was the first women—women are sexy.  It also converts to many more things that women are.

What question didn’t I answer?

Posted: 19 June 2012 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
Austin Harper - 19 June 2012 03:22 PM

Do you not even know what the Rosetta Stone was? When it was discovered in 1799 Greek was already understood.  It was by comparing the Greek to the Demotic and Hieroglyphs that the latter two were deciphered.  They weren’t all three decoded together.

As for your moon comment, first of all, that’s not a theory.  If you want to say that “we can get to the moon with a rocket” is a hypothesis, I guess you can.  But then we did test that hypothesis and it turned out we were right.  If you want to claim we didn’t make it to the moon because you don’t understand how it could work, that is argument from incredulity, a logical fallacy.

Yes, the Rosetta Stone used the language people already knew (like facts people know) to decode the other two.

About the Moon landing.  I think it never happened—because they couldn’t test it.

Posted: 19 June 2012 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 04:27 PM

D is C over y = 4 = 10/25—- it is a discovery.

If that’s the case, then discovery can decode to pretty much anything cuz any encoded word/message would be a discovery.

Eve was the first women—women are sexy.  It also converts to many more things that women are.

What if you find an interpretation that you disagree with? Do you discard it?

What question didn’t I answer?

What happens when multiple interpretations are found? - although I found the answer by looking at your site - they are all valid.
Who taught you the rules?

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 19 June 2012 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Total Posts:  3123
Joined  2011-08-15

We had corn for dinner last night. Cooking it in the husk in the microwave results in a tasty ear of corn and makes removing the husk and silk very easy. Although generally I prefer grilled corn. Corn bread is good too. Although I’ve never cared for corn mush… The texture is just weird to me. I found a recipe for a corn and tomato salad with fresh basil. Very yummy. For a salty snack I enjoy both popcorn and corn nuts.

I’m sorry… What were you folks talking about?

Take care,

Derek

Derek, If you’ve never tried grits with butter then you’re in for a real southern taste treat. Also, it’s the corn Goddess selu who turned herself into an ear to propagate the plant. She shucked herself to spread the seed. So no corn daddy. Sorry fella! and I didn’t have to back that up with mathematical formulas. Spider woman told me. surprised

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 19 June 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I was at Cape Kennedy for eight weeks in 1963 and had breakfast at a local restaurant every day - bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns OR grits.  I always had the same waitress.  Ond day I said, “I’ve never tried grits.  I’ll have them.”  She said, “No, you don’t want ‘em.  They’s taa-rble.  Ah hate ‘em.”  I got them anyway.  As soon as I tasted them I realized they just needed enough sugar and cream so I had a version of Cream of Wheat.  When the waitress came back and said, “Ho -ble, ain’t they?”, I told her what I had done.  She was shocked.  “They’s supposed to have salt and pepper and butter.” LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 19 June 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Total Posts:  4767
Joined  2007-10-05

Naw. Just a bit of garlic, butter and pepper. Had ‘em this morning with my migas. Grits is great stuff. Just have to cook ‘em long enuf so’s they ain’t runny.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 19 June 2012 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Wow, I never realized how ignorant of southern cuisine I was.  First, I see grits and cream of wheat as the same, then I have to google migas, since I had no idea of what it was.  Interesting conglomeration.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 19 June 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Total Posts:  2173
Joined  2007-04-26

This is the most entertaining thread I’ve seen in a while. I couldn’t stop laughing. I think you guys have all been taken for a ride here. There is no way this guy really believes this stuff. I mean even the name “ET Corn Gods”?? What a hoot. He’s just yanking your chain. He needs to check the calendar though. Its way past April 1st.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 19 June 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Total Posts:  4767
Joined  2007-10-05
Occam. - 19 June 2012 06:45 PM

Wow, I never realized how ignorant of southern cuisine I was.  First, I see grits and cream of wheat as the same, then I have to google migas, since I had no idea of what it was.  Interesting conglomeration.  smile

Occam

Ahhhh… migas are great. Corn tortillas, eggs, tomato, onion, serranos, garlic and whatever else you want to include. If you are lazy (like me) just whip some good salsa into the eggs and cook ‘em. Mmmmm.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 19 June 2012 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Total Posts:  3123
Joined  2011-08-15

Ahhhh… migas are great. Corn tortillas, eggs, tomato, onion, serranos, garlic and whatever else you want to include. If you are lazy (like me) just whip some good salsa into the eggs and cook ‘em. Mmmmm

Damn that sounds good! I love salsa on anything, and a little tobasco sauce on my eggs. Speaking of southern-style food, has anyone had hominy? Another favorite of mine. A little butter, pepper and what a taste! Also cornbread made with popcorn meal. Mix in a dollop of mayonaise. Try it sometime.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

4 of 12