5 of 12
Hi—I have sued James Randi for not going forward with my $1Million Challenge
Posted: 19 June 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 04:30 PM

About the Moon landing.  I think it never happened—because they couldn’t test it.

Couldn’t test it? They tested it by going to the moon! The results are not difficult to interpret.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 20 June 2012 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2012-06-18
Austin Harper - 19 June 2012 07:48 PM
etcorngods - 19 June 2012 04:30 PM

About the Moon landing.  I think it never happened—because they couldn’t test it.

Couldn’t test it? They tested it by going to the moon! The results are not difficult to interpret.

I was responding to someone’s (maybe you) comment that real engineering took trial an error.  As you may know, there are lots of serious people who believe that we didn’t land on the moon.  There are pictures from within the space vehicle on the way to the moon of someone’s hand outside of the window.  I was a space scientist at NASA, and have been an engineer for over 50 years.  I know how hard it is to get it right.  You need to test, re-test, etc.  You couldn’t test going to the moon.  In my opinion it wouldn’t work.  The stakes were so high, they did in Hollywood.

Posted: 20 June 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9292
Joined  2006-08-29
etcorngods - 20 June 2012 03:07 AM

There are pictures from within the space vehicle on the way to the moon of someone’s hand outside of the window.

Really? Never heard of this one. Do you have a link to that photo?

Posted: 20 June 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
macgyver - 19 June 2012 06:51 PM

This is the most entertaining thread I’ve seen in a while. I couldn’t stop laughing. I think you guys have all been taken for a ride here. There is no way this guy really believes this stuff. I mean even the name “ET Corn Gods”?? What a hoot. He’s just yanking your chain. He needs to check the calendar though. Its way past April 1st.

Any time you underestimate the stupidity that exists out there, you get surprised. I agree, this is a fun thread. Great summer reading.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 20 June 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  3057
Joined  2011-08-15

There are pictures from within the space vehicle on the way to the moon of someone’s hand outside of the window.

Really? Never heard of this one. Do you have a link to that photo?

He photoshopped it George. Remember Egor’s picture! Just like they did with Neil Armstrong saluting the flag on the moon, except there were literally hundreds of techincians and even more thousands of workers at the site, and millions watching the video, and oh, my uncle who was part of the team that plotted the trajectory of Apollo 11, you know people like that who can keep a secret for 43 years. And Werner Von Braun. It was all done in a studio in New Mex. Amelia Earhart directed the whole thing.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 20 June 2012 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Joined  2006-08-29

I still wanna see the photo, though.

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
George - 20 June 2012 05:50 AM

Maybe you can search for it in Google.  I don’t have time.  For the other reasons I’ve explained, I don’t think they landed.

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Total Posts:  4726
Joined  2007-10-05

Our Mr. Simpson is proof of Morgan’s Law:

Alan Morgan in 2001 stated “Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.”

If the lawsuit is real Mr. Simpson is not a troll.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
etcorngods - 20 June 2012 06:01 AM

Maybe you can search for it in Google.  I don’t have time.  For the other reasons I’ve explained, I don’t think they landed.

Holy crap! You have devoted 27 years to this bullshit and you don’t have a few seconds to find the smoking gun that proves your moon hoax theory? WOW!  LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2012-04-24

I was a space scientist at NASA, and have been an engineer for over 50 years.  I know how hard it is to get it right.  You need to test, re-test, etc.  You couldn’t test going to the moon.  In my opinion it wouldn’t work.  The stakes were so high, they did in Hollywood.

What do you mean you couldn’t test going to the moon?  What do you think Apollo 1-10 were all about?  It’s not like one day Neil Armstrong just woke up and said, “I’m going to jump in a rocket and fly to the moon.”  It took years of development and was a natural progression of the US and USSR trying to one-up each other in the Space Race.  I would argue that every launch of a rocket by the United States was a test in preparation for a moon landing (although obviously that wasn’t the goal in the early days).  I highly recommend you read Rocket Men by Craig Nelson for a brief history of the road to moon.  You may also want to read Elements of Spacecraft Design and Spacecraft Mission Design both by Charles Brown and Rocket Propulsion Elements by George Sutton if you need some help figuring out the plausibility of a moon mission.  They’re pretty technical, but with your background in engineering they shouldn’t be too tough for you.

But this is starting to stray pretty far from the original topic of the thread. We should probably get off of your inability to understand the Apollo program and go back to your other bogus claim about corn gods telling you the real way to understand English and why you think James Randi should give you a million dollars.

Signature 

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
DarronS - 20 June 2012 06:13 AM

Our Mr. Simpson is proof of Morgan’s Law:

Alan Morgan in 2001 stated “Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.”

If the lawsuit is real Mr. Simpson is not a troll.

The lawsuit is real.  It is true that James Randi is afraid of my challenge.

Posted: 20 June 2012 06:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
Austin Harper - 20 June 2012 06:21 AM

I was a space scientist at NASA, and have been an engineer for over 50 years.  I know how hard it is to get it right.  You need to test, re-test, etc.  You couldn’t test going to the moon.  In my opinion it wouldn’t work.  The stakes were so high, they did in Hollywood.

What do you mean you couldn’t test going to the moon?  What do you think Apollo 1-10 were all about?  It’s not like one day Neil Armstrong just woke up and said, “I’m going to jump in a rocket and fly to the moon.”  It took years of development and was a natural progression of the US and USSR trying to one-up each other in the Space Race.  I would argue that every launch of a rocket by the United States was a test in preparation for a moon landing (although obviously that wasn’t the goal in the early days).  I highly recommend you read Rocket Men by Craig Nelson for a brief history of the road to moon.  You may also want to read Elements of Spacecraft Design and Spacecraft Mission Design both by Charles Brown and Rocket Propulsion Elements by George Sutton if you need some help figuring out the plausibility of a moon mission.  They’re pretty technical, but with your background in engineering they shouldn’t be too tough for you.

But this is starting to stray pretty far from the original topic of the thread. We should probably get off of your inability to understand the Apollo program and go back to your other bogus claim about corn gods telling you the real way to understand English and why you think James Randi should give you a million dollars.

I mean what I said, they couldn’t test landing on the Moon.  I don’t need to read those books.  I was there—was a scientist for NASA—Spacecraft Project Manager for SERT II.  Probably before you were born.

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Joined  2006-08-29
etcorngods - 20 June 2012 06:01 AM

I did, but I found nothing. Where did you hear about it?

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Total Posts:  4726
Joined  2007-10-05
etcorngods - 20 June 2012 06:59 AM

I mean what I said, they couldn’t test landing on the Moon.  I don’t need to read those books.  I was there—was a scientist for NASA—Spacecraft Project Manager for SERT II.  Probably before you were born.

When was that? I was born in 1955.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Space Electric Rocket Test at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SERT-1 which had nothing to do with the moon missions.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

5 of 12