7 of 12
Hi—I have sued James Randi for not going forward with my $1Million Challenge
Posted: 20 June 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2011-08-15

I didn’t say the project was directly involved in the Moon project, but i worked on the Moon project as a representative of NASA to the public

So in essence you headed the PR department for NASA. Which site? BTW I was born in 48 which makes me 7 years older than Darron. So what?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 20 June 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2012-06-18
Thevillageatheist - 20 June 2012 01:58 PM

I didn’t say the project was directly involved in the Moon project, but i worked on the Moon project as a representative of NASA to the public

So in essence you headed the PR department for NASA. Which site? BTW I was born in 48 which makes me 7 years older than Darron. So what?

Cap’t Jack

I can understand why you can’t get my point about the landing couldn’t be tested.  You have no technical background. 

Your Profile:

“I have been a secondary ed. teacher for 35 years and an adjunct professor of Social Studies at local community Colleges in the area for 20. Married (40 years), my wife is an assistant principal of our middle school. Two children, son and a daughter and two grandaughters. No pets, they all died. Secular humanist (now athiest) since college (1971). White and Indian ancestory.”

“ancestory” is spelled “ancestry”

Posted: 20 June 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

I can understand why you can’t get my point about the landing couldn’t be tested.  You have no technical background. 

One doesn’t need a technical background to either refute nor understand your contention. Anyone can research a topic using the scientific method and there is a wealth of information available to the layman on the Internet as has been clearly shown by others here. I have also interviewed actual participants of the Apollo program who would take issue with your spurious claims, and BTW you didn’t answer my question. So I misspelled a word, who hasn’t? This is a blog site, I’m not publishing a thesis. Oh, and you should probably interject the word “how” between about and the. It’ll sound less awkward. Are you a native speaker?

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

The thing is, it can and has been tested. The landing sites have been photographed by some recent probes, and lest we forget, there’s the good old fashioned telescope.

By the way, SERT II flew in 1970, although I have a hard time seeing how a secondary education teacher could have been a part of that. For what it’s worth ladies and gentlemen, it looks like were being trolled.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 20 June 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Total Posts:  1071
Joined  2007-06-20

Show me one thing from the Soviet Union at the time that claimed the U.S. didn’t land a man on the Moon.  If anyone would have loved to show that it didn’t happen, it would have been the Soviet Union.  They never did.  And the reason they didn’t is because even they knew it really happened. 

Want proof you can see with your eyes?  Look at the “rooster tail” of dust kicked up by the Lunar Rover on Apollo 17.  It makes a perfect parabola.  That can’t happen anywhere on Earth.  Only on the Moon with a lack of atmosphere.  Anywhere on Earth the dust particles would have stretched out farther at the tail end.  Case closed.

Signature 

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpation.

—James Madison

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Total Posts:  2232
Joined  2007-04-26

OK I’ll bite and jump in here. The attempt by a few deluded individuals to throw doubt on the moon landings always amazes me. Of course there will always be conspiracy theorists who believe crazy things but for anyone with even and ounce of reasoning ability this one just doesn’t add up. The main crack in this argument is that it would take far more effort to fake the moon landings and keep it a secret all these years than it would take to simply accomplish them. Looks at the things we know are facts.

1) For each one of the Apollo missions a large rocket lifted off from the cape and this was witnessed by thousands in attendance and millions on TV. For 30 years much heavier shuttles have been lifted into earth orbit with less thrust. It certainly seems reasonable that the enormous rocket that lifted the Apollo capsules and LEM’s off this planet could have sent them on a trajectory toward the moon. This is simple rocket science. If the math didnt add up it would have been revealed a long time ago. Why would we build and launch a capable rocket and then not use it to actually go to the moon? It makes no sense.

2) Lunar modules were built and delivered to NASA. I grew up on Long Island where the LEM’s were built and many of our neighbors and friends were involved in the project. When i was younger we got a tour of the facilities where the LEM’s were being constructed and actually saw two of them in different stages of construction. I can;t prove they were launched and landed on the moon but I saw them. These were not plywood models they were sophisticated pieces of equipment in white rooms with dozens of technicians working on them. To this day one of the unused LEM’s sits in the cradle of aviation museum here on the island and on many days you can go there and talk to men who now in their 70’s, once worked on these amazing machines. I’m not an engineer but I’ve done enough tinkering of my own to know when Im talking to someone who is a real engineer and who really went through the trials and tribulations of fine tuning a machine to make sure it does what it needs to. These men were there. They built this thing, and they didnt build it to sit here on earth. I can tell you from first hand experience that the Lem’s creators clearly believed that the ship they built was capable of landing on the moon and then bringing its occupants back home. Why would you build a machine that was capable and then fake the whole mission when you have the equipment that can actually do the job?

3) We know that prior to the moon landings we launched men into space. We know they orbited the earth, and we know they came back alive. Again these things were witnessed by thousands in person and millions on TV.  There was a gradual and step wise progression from one man capsule to two man and then three man. It is literally a small leap for mankind to go from earth orbit to a translunar trajectory. Why would we gradually perform a set of well documented and widely observed and logical lead ups to a lunar landing and then spend enormous resources to fake the whole thing instead of actually going to the moon?

As linked to above there are lots of website that go into exquisite detail debunking these conspiracy theories but the plain fact is they make no sense. It would take far more effort and money to fake the moon landings then to do them. You imply that as a NASA scientist you dont think we had the technology to land on the moon in 1969. Based on what?? Everything about the history of our space program shows we developed this technology in a gradual, methodical and step wise fashion. I’ve seen the tech myself. What is it that you have a problem believing? Give an engineers answer. Give details. Tell me one thing that shows we didnt have the tech to do this.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 20 June 2012 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05
macgyver - 20 June 2012 08:03 PM

What is it that you have a problem believing? Give an engineers answer. Give details. Tell me one thing that shows we didnt have the tech to do this.

Actually, I have a simpler answer. Tell it to Buzz Aldrin and see how he reacts.

You’re right MacGyver. Tens of thousands of people witnessed each Apollo launch. The Moon hoaxer conspiracy idiots deny all the evidence, including videos, photos, personal experience and absolute impossibility of keeping such a conspiracy secret for more than three decades.

This Simpson guy we have here is a complete buffoon. Go ahead and keep revealing yourself as a fool, George.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 21 June 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
Rocinante - 20 June 2012 07:32 PM

Show me one thing from the Soviet Union at the time that claimed the U.S. didn’t land a man on the Moon.  If anyone would have loved to show that it didn’t happen, it would have been the Soviet Union.  They never did.  And the reason they didn’t is because even they knew it really happened.

I was thinking about this yesterday and a scary thought occurred to me. If the moon missions had taken place in a world with the Soviet Union of the 60’s and the current political and social climate (and with the Internet), there is no doubt the Soviets and others would have done just that. That is, they would have undertaken a massive campaign to discredit and cast doubt upon the program. I mean, we have climate change deniers, creationists, birthers, etc. now—it’s not hard to see how what is a tiny corner of kook-land could have been a large movement.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 21 June 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
DarronS - 20 June 2012 08:09 PM

Actually, I have a simpler answer. Tell it to Buzz Aldrin and see how he reacts.

LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 21 June 2012 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18
FreeInKy - 21 June 2012 05:00 AM
Rocinante - 20 June 2012 07:32 PM

I was thinking about this yesterday and a scary thought occurred to me. If the moon missions had taken place in a world with the Soviet Union of the 60’s and the current political and social climate (and with the Internet), there is no doubt the Soviets and others would have done just that. That is, they would have undertaken a massive campaign to discredit and cast doubt upon the program. I mean, we have climate change deniers, creationists, birthers, etc. now—it’s not hard to see how what is a tiny corner of kook-land could have been a large movement.

Yes

Posted: 21 June 2012 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-06-18

LOL

Asking one of the astronauts wouldn’t determine anything.  If it happened—they would be sworn to keep the secret.

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Total Posts:  9301
Joined  2006-08-29
etcorngods - 21 June 2012 05:26 AM

LOL

Asking one of the astronauts wouldn’t determine anything.  If it happened—they would be sworn to keep the secret.

But at least he would punch you in your face and you could then sue him. You like suing other people, don’t you?

Posted: 21 June 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

The Soviets were actually in on the secret, Svetlana told me. I channeled her. wink

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

Thomas Paine

Posted: 21 June 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22

The Moon landing is impossible because in fact the Moon itself is a secret surveillance satellite launched by aliens in Antarctica back in the 1930s, and the moon is made of white aluminum. Any inbound vehicle, even if we were somehow able to build one capable of getting there, would immediately be destroyed by the Moon’s alien laser defenses.

Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 21 June 2012 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Total Posts:  782
Joined  2009-07-17
TromboneAndrew - 21 June 2012 02:18 PM

The Moon landing is impossible because in fact the Moon itself is a secret surveillance satellite launched by aliens in Antarctica back in the 1930s, and the moon is made of white aluminum. Any inbound vehicle, even if we were somehow able to build one capable of getting there, would immediately be destroyed by the Moon’s alien laser defenses.

Please remain in your current location. The Men In Black will be arriving shortly. LOL

Take care,

Derek

Signature 

“It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good—and less trouble.”—Mark Twain

7 of 12