2 of 2
Happy Summer Solstice!
Posted: 21 June 2012 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

I am already looking forward to fall (October in these parts). People in Phoenix keep touting their “dry heat,” but any place that gets too hot for airplanes to take off or land is no place I want to live. My wife and I are seriously thinking of moving to Albuquerque in a few years. I love high desert country.

[ Edited: 21 June 2012 06:27 PM by DarronS ]
 Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 21 June 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

I spent a July week in Phoenix a few years ago, and while it may have been “dry heat” in general, it was 100% R.H. around me from my copious sweat evaporating.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 22 June 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  4400
Joined  2010-08-15
DarronS - 21 June 2012 06:13 PM

I am already looking forward to fall (October in these parts). People in Phoenix keep touting their “dry heat,” but any place that gets too hot for airplanes to take off or land is no place I want to live.

Oh that’s cute.
I can see it now,
after a couple hours stewing on the tarmac, waiting for clearance as the sun travels higher and higher in the sky.  Finally, you get tower clearance, but first the passengers need to draw straws and five passengers (preferable heavy) need to get off the plane so it can take off.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 26 June 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

Well, this past weekend I went camping with a local environmental advocacy group and remembered why Texas summers are tolerable. Young women in bikinis. ‘Nuff said.  grin

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 26 June 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Agreed, Darron.  I keep meaning to go back to check out the Venice, Calif. beach where I grew up.  From all the TV shots of that place, it appears that there are the same number of young women, but about 20% of the clothing.  When I was a teen I loved playing volley ball with mixed gender teams, however, I don’t think I could keep my eye on the ball, today. smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

2 of 2