3 of 3
eating babies?
Posted: 02 July 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Thevillageatheist - 29 June 2012 01:56 PM

I also thought about both possibilities. Growing up in that time period we played outside daily at school and at home. In fact our parents wanted us to go outside. We usually didn’t go in until dark even in the Winter months so our exposure to the elements was much more than today. We also had no airconditioning so all of the windows were constantly opened even in Summer. We had a window fan to circulate the air. BTW, anyone remember when the only air conditioned building was the movie theater? Sooo, our exposure to germs was constant. That may account for it.
Cap’t Jack

In MY case, it didn’t help at all. I was the world’s biggest tomboy, spending most of my day in the dirt somewhere if I weren’t in school. I encouraged both of my sons to get dirty, and breastfed both for over a year. I nicknamed my oldest ‘dirt monster’, he used to have permadirt in the creases of his hands! We all have allergies… :(

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 06 July 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3052
Joined  2011-11-04

I think expsoure to germs helps build imunity to germs.  I don’t think it helps build resistance to allergies.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

Posted: 14 July 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-07-14

I guess this news was 2 years ago from Chine. They make baby soup for some selfish reason :(. I don’t think there’s an event of eating babies found in the bible. The verse mentioned is a prediction.

Signature 

There’s no harm if we believe in Him.

3 of 3