Total Votes: 10
You must be a logged-in member to vote
What/who is “etcorngods”?
Posted: 27 June 2012 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2233
Joined  2007-04-26
Dorion - 27 June 2012 08:55 AM

I think it’s unnecessarily piling-on. I’m also seeing a lot of elements in people’s conversations with him here that put someone like me off—calling him delusional and then waving “forum etiquette rules” at him if he gets likewise lippy, for example. Without the variety of input like his (serious or not), we’re left with an echo chamber… and a pretty quiet one at that.

I agree. If we want to entertain and continue a conversation with someone who has unconventional ideas or theories we should try to keep the conversation non-personal. Keep in mind too that people with real emotional and psychological issues do sometimes wander into these forums so its best to not make things worse by attacking them even if they were the ones to bring the conversation down to that level. If things start going in that direction its better to back off and let the thread fade away.

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 28 June 2012 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14

OK, I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread, because it’s too personal and serves no real purpose for inquiry.

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

2 of 2