Mid-Atlantic Forum? (Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia)
Posted: 04 December 2006 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-12-03

How difficult would it be to coax the powers-that-be (CFI Gods, if you will), to big-bang a Mid-Atlantic forum into existence?

I have spoken to a few friends and there is at least a little-bit of interest. That, and we’d do our best to recruit more.

Possible? Probable? Definite?

Signature 

-Kyriako.
What intrigues me most is not the question whose answer I simply don’t know, but the question whose answer I can’t know.

Posted: 06 December 2006 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2002-09-09

Howdy, CFI God here.  Or at least DebGod at CFI, if that counts.  wink

There was a big discussion before forums were created for the Communities.  Some thought that having a forum for each Community would mean that there would be separate regional discussions about, say, skepticism, church-state separation, alternative medicine, religion, etc., which is not the purpose of these forums.  If there’s to be a discussion about alternative medicine, for example, it should be a discussion that involves everyone here, not just the members of the CFI Community of Nantucket.  However, there are useful discussions that are pertinent largely to the members of that Community, such as, What book should be discussed at our next book club meeting?  Or, Should we find a new meeting space and where does everyone recommend?  So the Community forums are for those types of Community-related discussion.  (They also let new visitors to the Board know about the Communities and perhaps learn that there’s one near them!)

There is a new CFI branch in Washington D.C. , with an Office of Public Policy , and I just added a forum for them.  So, if you have things to discuss that are very specific to the greater D.C. region (VA, MD, DE) then discuss away!

Debbie

Posted: 06 April 2007 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-12-03

Good enough! Thanks.

Signature 

-Kyriako.
What intrigues me most is not the question whose answer I simply don’t know, but the question whose answer I can’t know.