3 of 3
The SCOTUS vote on health care, what its not and what it is
Posted: 13 July 2012 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4437
Joined  2008-08-14
student - 12 July 2012 09:24 PM

VYAZMA:

This response is late. I’m falling behind.

Considering you’re cynical response, should the legislative powers in our society be more limited? Hopefully you also find the cynical adjective flattering.

student

Cynical?  Citizens United Ruling?  That’s just one example.  Really the action of enumerating the components of our “government for auction” is in itself a “poofery”, a mocking joke, an exercise in rote comedy.
The only thing that needs to be limited is the amount of money that can used for lobbying, and campaign finance.  Severely limited.
There’s nothing cynical about my response.
The legislative powers are already as limited as they possibly could be…catch my drift?

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 15 July 2012 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2012-07-04

VYAZMA:

If I hit a raw nerve, my mistake.

If the legislative powers are as limited as possible, why should I be concerned about money influencing such an impotent legislature?

You asked if I got your drift. No. Help me out. Who are the bad people? What are the bad people doing?

student

[ Edited: 17 July 2012 04:21 AM by student ]

Posted: 18 July 2012 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
student - 15 July 2012 08:36 PM

VYAZMA:

If I hit a raw nerve, my mistake.

If the legislative powers are as limited as possible, why should I be concerned about money influencing such an impotent legislature?

You asked if I got your drift. No. Help me out. Who are the bad people? What are the bad people doing?

student

No, you didn’t hit a raw nerve.  There’s nothing personal here for me.
“If you catch my drift…”  Yeah that was a joke, a play on words.  You asked about limiting legislative powers.  I said they were already as limited as they could be. 
What I meant was, in the context of what they are supposed to be doing-representing the people-they were limited.  Their ability, their motivation for representing their constituents was being limited by money in politics.
Are you trying to be funy with the “who are the bad people….” questions.
My position on the corruptive powers of money in politics is one of the most mainstream expressions of people, politicians and scholars that has ever existed in the dialog of politics in the US.(elsewhere too I’m sure.)
I’m assuming your questions regarding “bad people” is a patronizing one, and not a result of your naivete.

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 18 July 2012 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2012-07-04

VYAZMA:

You mentioned your drift joke. I failed to realize the humor. My mistake. I can be dense at times. Just ask some of the other bloggers.

You mentioned the limited powers the legislature has in representing the constituency. Your explanation brings back the consistency I missed out on before. Thank you for fixing my confusion.

You asked about my bad people questions. In confusion, my first knee jerk reaction is to ask questions. Knowing who the bad people are and what the bad people are doing seems to usually help cut through confusion. My humor is not that good when I am trying and no better in its absence.

Me, patronizing?

student

Posted: 19 July 2012 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Joined  2008-08-14
student - 18 July 2012 08:41 PM

VYAZMA:

You mentioned your drift joke. I failed to realize the humor. My mistake. I can be dense at times. Just ask some of the other bloggers.

You mentioned the limited powers the legislature has in representing the constituency. Your explanation brings back the consistency I missed out on before. Thank you for fixing my confusion.

You asked about my bad people questions. In confusion, my first knee jerk reaction is to ask questions. Knowing who the bad people are and what the bad people are doing seems to usually help cut through confusion. My humor is not that good when I am trying and no better in its absence.

Me, patronizing?

student

I thought I detected a language barrier when reading some of your posts from the past.  Is English your first language?
If not, you are going to have a hard time reading my posts because I’m a horrible writer.  My posts are written as if I’m speaking.  Unfortunately the inflection, accents, and grammatical phrasing do not appear in my writing.

Signature 

3 of 3