2 of 8
Circumcision In Germany
Posted: 30 June 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2717
Joined  2011-04-24

Circumcision for religious purposes does rub me the wrong way…....

but, I’m very glad it was performed in the time and place I was born. oh oh

If I ever have a son, he’s getting it done.

[ Edited: 30 June 2012 07:22 AM by mid atlantic ]
 Signature 

Raise your glass if you’re wrong…. in all the right ways.

Posted: 30 June 2012 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  348
Joined  2006-11-27

I’m curious about your position, mid atlantic.  I was clipped as an infant, but my father wasn’t and when I asked him why I was circumcised, he told me he had a very painful infection as a young boy and didn’t want his sons to run the same risk.  I also understand that male circumcision seems to lower the risk of cervical cancer for their partners. I guess there may be some medical validity.  Do you have other reasons?

Signature 

If we’re not laughing, they’re winning.

Posted: 30 June 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  2239
Joined  2007-04-26

I’m not aware of any reduction in the risk of cervical cancer ( presumably trough decreased HPV infection) in sexual partners of circumcised males but there are reductions in HIV and some other STD’s. This benefit has to be weighed against the known risks including pain , bleeding, and injuries to the urethra/penis.

Interestingly the medical profession does not push this. In this country Gyn’s like my wife perform the procedure mostly and they get paid very poorly for it (about $45) although Mohels perform it as part of the jewish Briss and get paid in excess of $500 for the same procedure.

Here is an article that goes over the risk benefit for anyone who is interested.

http://sti.bmj.com/content/74/5/368.full.pdf

Correction: There have been some studies showing reduced HPV infection rates as well

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 30 June 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14
macgyver - 30 June 2012 02:30 PM

Correction: There have been some studies showing reduced HPV infection rates as well

`
Of course, if one is wearing a condom, the rates for ALL of the diseases in question drops down to close to nil.  Which is why I always find it amusing when someone trumpets the ‘medical advantages’ of circumcision when it comes to sexually transmitted diseases.

Hey, a woman’s sewn-up vagina would reduce many sexually-transmitted diseases too, so I guess that’s a checkmark in the ‘Pros’ column for sewing up women’s vaginas!

(meant only partially facetiously :)

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 30 June 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Jeciron - 30 June 2012 08:25 AM

I’m curious about your position, mid atlantic.  I was clipped as an infant, but my father wasn’t and when I asked him why I was circumcised, he told me he had a very painful infection as a young boy and didn’t want his sons to run the same risk.  I also understand that male circumcision seems to lower the risk of cervical cancer for their partners. I guess there may be some medical validity.  Do you have other reasons?

Well at the risk of being too vulgar, most of the opinions of women that I’ve heard on the subject, say they prefer circumcised.

Also, IMO it’s gross from a hygiene POV.

Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Interesting, M-A.  I had the opposite reports.  It’s most probably that women are far more clever than we males so, whichever we are, is the one thay say they prefer.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 30 June 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  698
Joined  2007-10-14
Occam. - 30 June 2012 05:36 PM

Interesting, M-A.  I had the opposite reports.  It’s most probably that women are far more clever than we males so, whichever we are, is the one thay say they prefer.   :lol:

`
*teehee*  nice :)  and well, it is the perfect response, isn’t it?  ;)

`

Signature 

‘we are so fundamentally constituted of desire that we go on hearing music…...even though we know the band is gone and the stage is silent’

Posted: 30 June 2012 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Occam. - 30 June 2012 05:36 PM

Interesting, M-A.  I had the opposite reports.  It’s most probably that women are far more clever than we males so, whichever we are, is the one thay say they prefer.  LOL

Occam

We must keep company with very different types of women. smile

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2012 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  4403
Joined  2010-08-15
mid atlantic - 30 June 2012 04:21 PM

Well at the risk of being too vulgar, most of the opinions of women that I’ve heard on the subject, say they prefer circumcised.

That’s not what they’ve told me   tongue wink

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 01 July 2012 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  3262
Joined  2011-08-15

That’s not what they’ve told me  

Oh god not that old cliche again! (THat’s what she said heh heh). I believe in this respect it’s a matter of size, or so I’ve been told; that’s what she said heh heh. wink 

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 01 July 2012 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Quoting M0A:

We must keep company with very different types of women.

You must be extremely lucky, M-A, since ALL the women with whom you keep company are completely honest with you, and you are also completely certain of that.  LOL

And for TVA - Right.  There are quite a few factors including technique, emotional closeness, perceived power differences, etc. that also influence their evaluation.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 01 July 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

I hear the two oldest lies are:

The checks in the mail.

You’re the best l’ve ever had.

tongue laugh

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2012 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2011-04-24
Occam. - 01 July 2012 12:46 PM

Quoting M0A:

We must keep company with very different types of women.

You must be extremely lucky, M-A, since ALL the women with whom you keep company are completely honest with you, and you are also completely certain of that.  LOL

And for TVA - Right.  There are quite a few factors including technique, emotional closeness, perceived power differences, etc. that also influence their evaluation.

Occam

Oi, wrong topic.

I’m talking about certain female’s opinions on the aesthetics, not whether it has an effect on being a good partner.

That is a very different can of worms!

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2012 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2010-08-15

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

oh oh

Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2012 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2010-02-20

Freed of religion and freedom from religion are two sides of the same coin.  If people want to circumcise in the name of their god then the State needs to leave them alone to do so.

Signature 

“The present age ... prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, fancy to reality, the appearance to the essence ... for in these days illusion only is sacred, truth profane.”

Feuerbach

2 of 8