40 of 91
Any scientific evidence to support official WTC 7 fall theory?
Posted: 01 June 2013 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 586 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2013-02-16
Lois - 01 June 2013 10:09 AM
jomper - 31 May 2013 06:51 AM
Lois - 31 May 2013 05:56 AM
Robert Walper - 24 May 2013 08:48 PM
Lois - 24 May 2013 08:45 PM
Robert Walper - 24 May 2013 03:00 PM

Oh, and sorry to everyone if I’m dragging this thread too much off topic.

I claim that building WTC 7 collapsed due to fire damage, which caused structural supports to weaken, deform and then initiated a chain reaction failure that brought the whole building down at once.

I make this claim and the claim stands until disproven.

You haven’t proven your claim so no disproof is possible. None is necessary, either.  The burden of proof is still on you.

Lois

My claim you quoted was made as a form of pure mockery. I do not actually hold that position.

Sorry, I should have checked who was writing. I have a habit of shooting from the hip sometimes.

Lois

And also, it would seem, indulging in ad hominems instead of addressing the points of psikey’s argument. But your confusion has at least shown how pointless Robert’s mockery was.

Do you mean ad hominems like the above?

Your post at 577 was ad hominem. I did not attack you; you were certainly confused by Robert’s mockery, which I can fully understand.

Posted: 03 June 2013 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 587 ]
Joined  2013-02-16
Lois - 01 June 2013 10:11 AM
psikeyhackr - 31 May 2013 08:20 AM
Lois - 31 May 2013 05:51 AM

You wrote: “Yeah, that is the 9/11 problem.  All of the people who could be dazzeled can’t deal with obvious physics.”

No, it’s people like you who can’t deal with reality and common sense.

Lois

Thanks for quoting an entire post that you cannot come up with an intelligent response to.

psik

L i have no idea what you are talking about and you don’t either.

Of course, this is ad hominem as well, Lois. The fact you cannot understand psikey’s points does not ipso facto mean his points are false.

Posted: 13 July 2013 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 588 ]
Total Posts:  2415
Joined  2007-07-05

“What about building 7?” A social psychological study of online discussion of 9/11 conspiracy theories

Ideas of rhetorical congruency and self-presentation recall the issue of whether people’s persuasive communications are really an accurate reflection of their own thoughts and ideas rather than a carefully calculated attempt to engage with others’ biases and reasoning. The 9/11 Truth Movement is, by and large, a movement of converts—most “Truthers,” at some point, became convinced that their previous belief in the official story was wrong (Kay, 2011). Therefore, in debating with those who hold the positions they previously held, they might repeat the arguments that first caused them to doubt the conventional narrative and shaped their subsequent thinking accordingly. On the other hand, the actual content that the discussions centered upon was often highly technical, and many of the arguments were unlikely to have been generated entirely by the people doing the commenting. While some commenters made intuitive judgments about the physics of crashing airplanes and collapsing buildings, many others relied on arguments advanced in websites or documentaries devoted to either advancing or debunking 9/11 conspiracy theories. With the amount of information to choose from, however, the arguments commenters chose to put forward may still reveal useful information about their own decision-making.

http://www.frontiersin.org/Personality_Science_and_Individual_Differences/10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00409/full

[14,632]
psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 13 July 2013 11:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 589 ]
Joined  2013-02-16

Interesting results, particularly with respect to hostility. Interesting also that the authors conclude “The coherence of the conspiracist belief system is driven by higher-order considerations such as a disbelief in official narratives, rather than positive beliefs in particular alternative narratives” without making explicit value judgments about the narratives themselves; they did not seem to consider the ‘objective’ coherence of the narratives as being relevant to the kind of behavioural responses people have to them.

Posted: 16 August 2013 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 590 ]
Joined  2007-07-05

Preview: 9/11 in the Academic Community
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzVKDdCa6s

http://911inacademia.com/

[15,365]
psik

[ Edited: 16 August 2013 12:45 PM by psikeyhackr ]
 Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 12 September 2013 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 591 ]
Joined  2007-07-05

Well we have reached the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 Affair.

The 9/11 Dodecade. 

It is not what happened on 9/11 that matters.  It is the scientific failure of not resolving what happened on 9/11.

That can never be wiped from history.

Hysterical!

[16,078]
psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 12 September 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 592 ]
Total Posts:  756
Joined  2012-04-25

Has anyone else noticed that the 911 documentaries coming out on popular TV stations seem to feature Cheney, Bush, Rice, et al more and more?  I saw a little bit of one where they were interviewing Rice. She basically repeated the same line over and over: I remember how the President just wanted to get back to Washington. He was that kind of leader, get back and fight. And I kept telling him, no you can’t.
Talk about a load of propaganda. This tells me somebody is getting close to the truth, so the history rewrite begins in full swing.

Posted: 15 September 2013 10:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 593 ]
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2012-07-02
psikeyhackr - 12 September 2013 06:57 AM

Well we have reached the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 Affair.

And it’s been eight years since we’ve had a solid and scientifically sound explanation for everything that happened. Such is the power of science and empirical investigation. smile

Signature 

“When your arguments are…ashes. Then you have my permission to cry.”

Posted: 16 September 2013 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 594 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

This tells me somebody is getting close to the truth, so the history rewrite begins in full swing.

The simple truth is that we got sucker punched by people who used really good fieldcraft to achieve complete tactical and strategic surprise, and who got 75% of their objectives in the effort. The reason we have a problem believing it is the notion that “Them thar A-Rabs coulda never done that to us Uhhhmerikhuns.” even though they were all caught on camera doing exactly that.

This is the reason I’m dismissive of so called “Truthers.” They’re not interested in the facts, just slamming whomever is in the White House. They also fail to appreciate that terrorists are and have been an alarmingly professional bunch. Since a lot of them were trained by the old Soviet Union and the United States during the Cold War, and they have since passed this training on, this shouldn’t be all that surprising.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 16 September 2013 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 595 ]
Joined  2007-07-05
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 16 September 2013 08:02 AM

They’re not interested in the facts, just slamming whomever is in the White House.

So you mean a table with accurate data on the tons of steel and tons of concrete on every level of the towers would not constitute FACTS?

But in 12 years physicists can’t ask and structural engineers cannot provide the data.

The Laws of Physics are incapable of giving a damn about the human race much less the White House.

psik

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 16 September 2013 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 596 ]
Total Posts:  2602
Joined  2012-10-27
jomper - 03 June 2013 11:04 PM
Lois - 01 June 2013 10:11 AM
psikeyhackr - 31 May 2013 08:20 AM
Lois - 31 May 2013 05:51 AM

You wrote: “Yeah, that is the 9/11 problem.  All of the people who could be dazzeled can’t deal with obvious physics.”

No, it’s people like you who can’t deal with reality and common sense.

Lois

Thanks for quoting an entire post that you cannot come up with an intelligent response to.

psik

L i have no idea what you are talking about and you don’t either.

Of course, this is ad hominem as well, Lois. The fact you cannot understand psikey’s points does not ipso facto mean his points are false.

It may, however, mean that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Posted: 16 September 2013 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 597 ]
Total Posts:  4576
Joined  2008-08-14

Picture an old rusty drum sitting out in the forest.  Nobody has been near it in years. It’s filled with rainwater and it looks black and bottomless.
Then somebody comes along and takes a big stick and stirs up the water and all of this mucky sediment comes roiling to the surface.
....Ahhhhhh….

Signature 

Row row row your boat gently down the stream.  Merrily Merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream!

Posted: 16 September 2013 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 598 ]
Joined  2007-07-05

http://benswann.com/reality-check-more-americans-are-rethinking-911/

Signature 

Fiziks is Fundamental

Posted: 17 September 2013 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 599 ]
Total Posts:  756
Joined  2012-04-25
Equal Opportunity Curmudgeon - 16 September 2013 08:02 AM

This tells me somebody is getting close to the truth, so the history rewrite begins in full swing.

The simple truth is that we got sucker punched by people who used really good fieldcraft to achieve complete tactical and strategic surprise, and who got 75% of their objectives in the effort. The reason we have a problem believing it is the notion that “Them thar A-Rabs coulda never done that to us Uhhhmerikhuns.” even though they were all caught on camera doing exactly that.

This is the reason I’m dismissive of so called “Truthers.” They’re not interested in the facts, just slamming whomever is in the White House. They also fail to appreciate that terrorists are and have been an alarmingly professional bunch. Since a lot of them were trained by the old Soviet Union and the United States during the Cold War, and they have since passed this training on, this shouldn’t be all that surprising.

But see the official perps did NOT have really good fieldcraft. The maneuvers they performed with jetliners, with only minimal simulator training would be impossible. They’d be difficult by fully trained pilots, yet alone these supposed flyers. That and numerous other things tells me at least that the official story ain’t true. And I’m not referring to the endless “physical facts” like on the other threads. There are many other things. I suggest you read Greg Pallasts book on the subject. Anywho, don’t want to start a whole other discussion on the topic.

Posted: 17 September 2013 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 600 ]
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  2009-10-21
CuthbertJ - 17 September 2013 09:52 AM

The maneuvers they performed with jetliners, with only minimal simulator training would be impossible. They’d be difficult by fully trained pilots, yet alone these supposed flyers.

That is patently absurd. The easiest thing to do with a plane is keep it in the air. Turning it and dropping down to hit the towers is not that much harder. Landing without crashing, now that’s a challenge. They had many hours in small aircraft and time in jet simulators.

40 of 91