Episode 134 - Does God Exist?
Posted: 02 July 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2011-06-14

Today on Center Stage, a philosopher and a noted Christian apologist debate on the topic, “Does God Exist?”
On February 17, 2012, the Center for Inquiry – Los Angeles presented this event at the Barnsdall Gallery Theater, just across Hollywood Boulevard from the Center for Inquiry – Los Angeles. Louise A. Antony, professor of philosophy at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, took the atheist side against Doug Geivett, professor of philosophy at Biola University, who argued for God’s existence.
The event was moderated by John Shook, director of education for CFI and coordinator for its Science and the Public Program. It was preceded by a lecture by Center for Inquiry – West chair and Center for Inquiry board member Eddie Tabash on the importance of public debates on religion.

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/centerstage/episodes/episode_134_-_does_god_exist

Posted: 06 July 2012 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

This episode totally lost me. I was prepared to hear a debate. What I heard was a long boring introduction to debating in general and then a few snippets of the actual debate. Very disappointing.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 11 August 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-11

This podcast should be re-edited.  The debate itself was cut out.  All that is available on download is the intro and questions and answers.