Hello everyone :D
Posted: 03 July 2012 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2012-07-03

Hello CFI, from Montreal!

I’ve been reading both Skeptic magazine and Skeptical Inquirer for almost 2 years now, but have discovered Free Inquiry only a few issues ago. I wish I’d have discovered it a few years ago, because it has become my favorite by far due to the nature of the articles (and I can’t find the new June/July one anywhere!! Arg.) So I’m trying to get my dose more often than every 2 months…

I thought I might join and see what kind of discussions are going on wink. Only one of my friends is well informed, let alone interested at all, in the range of topics in these forums, so I never really get to talk to people about them. So here’s me joining any kind of community like this for the first time. I hope I am able, in time, to join discussions and add anything relevant.

Thank you and have a good day!

Signature 

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

Posted: 03 July 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3796
Joined  2010-08-15

Welcome, looking forward to hearing from you.

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 03 July 2012 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15305
Joined  2006-02-14

Welcome to the CFI forum, Imaginos! Feel free to jump into the conversations, and of course the easiest way to read the magazines is to subscribe ... I know, it’s not free but not too terribly expensive, either ...

smile

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 07 July 2012 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4618
Joined  2007-10-05

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 08 July 2012 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Welcome! Good to have you here.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 08 July 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5173
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome, Imaginos.  Another Canadian.  We have a number from there who participate here very well.  Looking forward to your input.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 08 July 2012 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Imaginos.  Glad to have you here.  Feel free to jump in and join the various conversations.  smile

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 10 July 2012 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2012-07-03

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

I like what I see so far, sadly even the never-ending conspiracy discussions hehe. Two aquaintances of mine are “hardcore” Truthers, so I’m exposed to their interesting world view more often than I’d like. But I’ll try not to add to the walls of texts.

Anywho, see you all in the posts smile

Signature 

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.