Is Ken Hamm’s Flintstone’s Museum in trouble?
Posted: 06 July 2012 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Not only is the proposed Ark Encounter park in Kentucky way behind schedule due to lack of funding, but the original Creation Museum is struggling as well, with attendance down over 30% from the first year it was open.

The Creation Museum evolves: Hoping to add a life-size ark project, the museum hits fundraising trouble via Yahoo News

While this is god news, I only hope there is something deeper going on than just a slow economy. That last few paragraphs made me throw up a little in my mouth:

But many visitors—even the littlest ones—seemed very familiar with evolution.

When I visited in June, a girl who looked about 10 years old rushed up to an exhibit that showed a giant hummingbird. Next to it, in shadow, were three other creatures—a pterodactyl, a bat and a small finch. “Look, this is evolution!” she said, pointing at the four creatures.

Her mother jerked her head around and walked up behind the girl. “You know what, honey? Those are just other animals that are designed to fly,” she said, pointing at the exhibit’s description.

“Oh,” the little girl said, embarrassed she’d gotten it wrong.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 06 July 2012 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  2885
Joined  2011-08-15

Great news! Now let’s convince CFI to buy it and turn it in to an evolution museum! Oops! We already have those. I believe they’re called museums of natural history. In all probability, knowing that area, Walmart will buy the building and turn it into a Sam’s club. A triumph for industry and the economy. They could still use the saddled Dino though for the kids. And no ark? What about a Darwin nature walk instead? I do like that idea. Maybe we could sell it to the gov.

Cap’t Jacj

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 06 July 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1283
Joined  2011-03-12

Adding a life sized replica of the Ark as described in the Bible would be building a structure the size of a light aircraft carrier from the Second World War, and which would just as if not more expensive. With a goal like that, I can see why they’re in trouble.

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 06 July 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5169
Joined  2010-06-16

Hey, I’m sure their senators could talk the navy into decommissioning a light aircraft carrier and have it shipped to their park.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 06 July 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2012-02-02

Didn’t Hamm spend time in prison because Gawd told him not to pay taxes?  That might have a little to do with their money problems.

Posted: 06 July 2012 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

Hey, I’m sure their senators could talk the navy into decommissioning a light aircraft carrier and have it shipped to their park.  LOL

They can have the Enterprise. She’s due to decommission this September.

Okay, she’s not a light carrier…all those were scrapped…but ya just gotta take what you can get!

Signature 

Question authority and think for yourself. Big Brother does not know best and never has.

Posted: 11 July 2012 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  3794
Joined  2010-08-15

down, but not out

Letter from Ken, May 2012
Are You Ready to Be Part of Something That Can Transform Future Generations for Christ?
by Ken Ham, President of Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum
May 27, 2012

This is an exciting letter for me to write to you this month.
{...}
I’m sure you sometimes get weighed down (as I do) by the continual string of sad news regarding the spiritual state of the church and our nation.
{...}
These results compelled AiG to step out in faith and produce additional much-needed curricula that is biblical-authority based, with an apologetics thrust, and, of course, evangelistic.
{...}
I thought you would be encouraged to read some wonderful feedback as to how AiG curricula and other materials are already helping God’s people raise up generations of dedicated young adults who can make a difference for the Lord in this culture.
{...}
We are receiving more and more encouraging testimonies like these as an increasing number of churches are adopting AiG’s VBS curricula and other biblically based apologetics curricula that AiG produces.
{...}
Recently, AiG gave a church the opportunity to do a trial run and provide crucial feedback for one of the three-month sections of the soon-to-be-released Answers Bible Curriculum.{isn’t there a Hollywood name for that?}
{...}
I don’t mind telling you it has been a very real struggle for us to produce this needed curriculum.
{...}
But we are so committed to this curriculum
{...}
We urgently need your prayers and financial support for these effective creation/gospel outreaches. Please ask the Lord what you can give today to partner with Answers in Genesis.
{...}
signed
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu73RxpDLZhVH8xdk-LjDVWPhpro_xmDhQjVzwYwAQZtxDwbrlEQ

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 11 July 2012 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  3794
Joined  2010-08-15
Coldheart Tucker - 06 July 2012 07:19 PM

Didn’t Hamm spend time in prison because Gawd told him not to pay taxes?  That might have a little to do with their money problems.

Really?  Or might you be mistaking him with Kent Hovind?

Signature 

How many times do lies need to be exposed
before we have permission to trash them?

Posted: 12 July 2012 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

Ken Ham at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Ham

From the article:

In May 2007, Creation Ministries International (CMI) filed a lawsuit against Ham and AiG in the Supreme Court of Queensland seeking damages and accusing him of deceptive conduct in his dealings with the Australian organization. Members of the ministry were “concern[ed] over Mr Ham’s domination of the ministries, the amount of money being spent on his fellow executives and a shift away from delivering the creationist message to raising donations.”

Apparantly, this was settled amicably, but as often as not, this just means some sort of quiet deal was arranged. Also,

In March 2011, the Board of Great Homeschool Conventions, Inc. voted to “disinvite” Ham and AiG from “all future conventions” due to Ham’s words about other Christians being “unnecessary, ungodly, and mean-spirited statements that are divisive at best and defamatory at worst.”

So he’s not exactly on the very best terms with his own kind.

Make of this what you will.

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2012 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2012-02-02
citizenschallenge.pm - 11 July 2012 11:26 PM
Coldheart Tucker - 06 July 2012 07:19 PM

Really?  Or might you be mistaking him with Kent Hovind?

Could be.  Its hard to tell the nutters apart sometimes.  They need to put them on baseball cards or something.

Posted: 12 July 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2011-03-12

They need to put them on baseball cards or something.

How about photos on the Post Office wall? (Ten most wanted and all that.)

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  2885
Joined  2011-08-15

I checked out his site and his org. Is pumping out anti evolutionary propaganda for homeschoolers whom he praises for locking young minds into the religious dogma of their parents. He sites ample pseudo scientific proof refuting Darwin. He also discusses, using specific biblical quotes to bolster his claim that it’s ok to be a rich xtian. Apparently the love of money won’t keep you from skydaddy’s reward. Totally turns the old “eye of the needle” quote on it’s head. Oh well, looks like lack o’ dough sunk his ark though.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine