2 of 2
Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion
Posted: 08 September 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-09-08

It’s an honest mistake, assuming that the Constitution only protects your own personal megachurch faith. But one Louisiana Republican is learning the hard way that religious school vouchers can be used to fund education at all sorts of religious schools, even Muslim ones. And while she’s totally in favor of taxpayer money being used to pay for kids to go to Christian schools, she’s willing to put a stop to the entire program if Muslim schools are going to be involved.

Valarie Hodges admitted that when she supported Governor Bobby Jindal’s school voucher program, she only did so because she assumed the religious school vouchers could only be used for Christian schools…

Heheh, those two brain cells must have been scrambling to find reinforcements.

Signature 

If we believe absurdities, we will commit atrocities. ~ Voltaire

Posted: 08 September 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1765
Joined  2007-10-22

We down here at the Church of the Corner Bar have decided that we are in favor of vouchers to fund the schools associated with our celebrations, but only if they support adult education as well as the brat’s, er children’s.  cool grin

All Hail Sudari, the Celstial Barmaid, and don’t call her suds for short or you will be damned as a heritic.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 14 September 2012 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-09-14

I like the idea of teaching all creation myths in school. We will spend an hour each week and spend the hour on a single myth. The next week we will move on to another myth. Christianity comes up for discussing on March 3rd between the Greek cosmogonical myth and Cherokee creation myth.

Posted: 14 September 2012 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  636
Joined  2010-07-01
skuld - 11 July 2012 04:06 PM

duh.

It’s an honest mistake, assuming that the Constitution only protects your own personal megachurch faith. But one Louisiana Republican is learning the hard way that religious school vouchers can be used to fund education at all sorts of religious schools, even Muslim ones. And while she’s totally in favor of taxpayer money being used to pay for kids to go to Christian schools, she’s willing to put a stop to the entire program if Muslim schools are going to be involved.

Valarie Hodges admitted that when she supported Governor Bobby Jindal’s school voucher program, she only did so because she assumed the religious school vouchers could only be used for Christian schools…

I’m waaaay late on this one, but all I can say is LOL LOL LOL LOL

Posted: 14 September 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  4812
Joined  2007-10-05
badder2 - 14 September 2012 11:44 AM

I like the idea of teaching all creation myths in school. We will spend an hour each week and spend the hour on a single myth. The next week we will move on to another myth. Christianity comes up for discussing on March 3rd between the Greek cosmogonical myth and Cherokee creation myth.

Sounds like a great idea to me. Think it will play in Louisiana?

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 14 September 2012 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16
badder2 - 14 September 2012 11:44 AM

The problem is that such a program would be criticized by almost everyone.  For example, the Christian Fundamentalists would say something like, “How dare you contaminate a wonderful course on Christianity with all of all those silly fairytales?  Stick to the truth for the whole semester.”  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 14 September 2012 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  3075
Joined  2011-11-04

Everywhere there are vouchers for religious schools, there should be Church of Non-theistic Humanism schools.

Signature 

As a fabrication of our own consciousness, our assignations of meaning are no less “real”, but since humans and the fabrications of our consciousness are routinely fraught with error, it makes sense, to me, to, sometimes, question such fabrications.

2 of 2