mollyboo
Posted: 12 July 2012 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-07-12

Hi, I’m new here…live in California, am an Artist and a Massage Therapist.  Love to travel, read, write, play with my dog (Maltese, Molly), and meet new people.  I’m an adrenaline junky, dig Magic Mountain, want to bungy jump, parachute out of an airplaine, scuba dive, and taking helicopters over beatiful, unattainable places like the caldrun of a volcanoe or land on a Glacier in Alaska (which I have done).  I’m an amateur photographer which is my 2nd passion.  Recently came back from China for a week with 900 pictures…the camera is a part of me like the paintbrush when I paint. I’m looking forward to meeting you all. smile I have two guitars, a Strat & an acoustic…trying to teach myself to play again…Played guitar in a band in high school when I was 15…“The Rockin Dilemas” (cracks me up!)

Posted: 12 July 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2018
Joined  2007-04-26

Hi mollyboo from a fellow semi-adrenaline junkie (love roller coasters, gone skydiving but you won’t get me hurtling towards the earth head first with a rubber band around my ankle lol) and photographer. Welcome aboard and show us some of your photos when you have a moment smile

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 12 July 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4616
Joined  2007-10-05

From another adrenaline junky and photographer: Glad to have you here.

Signature 

“In the beginning, God created the universe. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted: 12 July 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  5167
Joined  2010-06-16

Welcome Molly from an adrenaline abstainer.  I think the last time I had an adrenaline rush was at 10:30 PM on March 31, 1963 when a guy crossed the double line and hit me head-on.  I recall the specifics because as I was lying on the grass waiting for the police and ambulance, people kept asking “Where does it hurt?” and other stupid questions.  I commented a) “Only when I laugh” and, “Damn, this wasn’t suppored to happen for another hour and half so it could be an April Fool’s joke.”  I wasn’t really hurt, but the blood from my cut chin had run down into my ear, then out.  I had wiped away that on my cheek so it appeared that I was bleeding from my ear.  And, this idea was apparently especiallly entertaining to the onlookers. 

Anyway, good to have you here, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy your exploits, second hand.  smile

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 14 July 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  7506
Joined  2007-03-02

Welcome Molly.  My older son is training to be a massage therapist.  It’s an interesting field.

Signature 

Mriana
“Sometimes in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.” ~ Iris Hineman (Lois Smith) The Minority Report

Posted: 14 July 2012 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  5975
Joined  2009-02-26

Welcome Mollyboo,

Looking forward to your posts.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

‹‹ I’m GNU here...      Atheist in Alberta ››