How to speak spammer-speak
Posted: 13 July 2012 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

I wanted to know how to speak it as a spammer. English in my case - you have to do is let Google and translated into other languages, you can go enter a message in your native language translation to Google. I use the Spanish language but also to other as German, Japanese and French. You possible to do several times for best effect, finally, again translated into their native language, English again, viola! Spammers to speak!  cheese

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 13 July 2012 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

While I expect foreign speakers to make some errors when writing English, I would expect the patterns to be different depending on the spammer’s native language.  However, as you indicate by them running their text through Google translation, they all have the Google pattern.  I had wondered why they were so uniform.  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 14 July 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  4860
Joined  2007-10-05

That explains why all the spam messages have the same cadence. Excellent work FIK.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 17 July 2012 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

We’ve been getting odd one time posts lately, written in what appears to be ‘spammerese’, but I can’t find any embedded links…odd..

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 17 July 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

One of their techniques is to post a few times without any spam in hopes of lulling us, then redo their bio to slip spam in as their sig.  As soon as Doug or any of the rest of us see that, they’re gone.  That’s probably why you don’t see the spam.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 18 July 2012 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11
Occam. - 17 July 2012 03:43 PM

One of their techniques is to post a few times without any spam in hopes of lulling us, then redo their bio to slip spam in as their sig.  As soon as Doug or any of the rest of us see that, they’re gone.  That’s probably why you don’t see the spam.

Occam

Aha, that explains things…they are getting sneakier!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 18 July 2012 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  15435
Joined  2006-02-14
asanta - 18 July 2012 01:16 AM

Aha, that explains things…they are getting sneakier!

Nah, they’ve been doing that here for years.

sick

Signature 

Doug

-:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:- -:—:-

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos

Posted: 18 July 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  6166
Joined  2009-02-26

I hate it when they have a story of sorts but several words in the story are sneakily linked to spamsites.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 11 August 2012 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2010-11-21

Fortunately, I’ve only had maybe one or spams in all my email experiences. But then again, I don’t rely on freebee email services either. But I do tend to come across this type of email in some email service supports from a few programs that I purchased before. No matter how I could try to explain the problems I was having, I just kept getting the same circular requests for more information is broken language. I ended up scrapping one of the programs because I didn’t know if the company’s program was safe to run.

Signature 

I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Posted: 11 August 2012 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1423
Joined  2010-04-22
FreeInKy - 13 July 2012 10:12 AM

I wanted to know how to speak it as a spammer. English in my case - you have to do is let Google and translated into other languages, you can go enter a message in your native language translation to Google. I use the Spanish language but also to other as German, Japanese and French. You possible to do several times for best effect, finally, again translated into their native language, English again, viola! Spammers to speak!  cheese

Don’t forget about the content: it’s not good spam unless it’s selling you penile enhancement of some kind.

[ Edited: 11 August 2012 10:17 PM by TromboneAndrew ]
 Signature 

“All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians.”

- Thelonious Monk

Posted: 13 August 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01
TromboneAndrew - 11 August 2012 10:14 PM
FreeInKy - 13 July 2012 10:12 AM

Don’t forget about the content: it’s not good spam unless it’s selling you penile enhancement of some kind.

Thanking you for you kind inquiry sir. Indeed yes company of ours is offer product you ask. Please to visit our website at ww.biggerisbetter.ru for exciting details. Best wishes and much happiness also to yours and you as well. Good day!

LOL

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell