3 of 3
James ossuary found to be authentic
Posted: 06 September 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-09-06

I believe Jesus is like Santa Claus. Yes, there was a Saint Nicholas, 4th century bishop of Myra. But he has no relation to the jolly old man in the red suit who lives at the North Pole, drives a sled pulled by eight reindeer, and delivers presents to children all over the world on Dec. 24. Likewise, if there was a man named Jesus somewhere, sometime, who happened to be the nucleus upon which all of the various legends accreted, the character portrayed in the gospels is totally fictional.  The gospels have as much relation to this (hypothetical) man named Jesus as Clement Moore’s famous poem has to the 4th century bishop.

Posted: 08 September 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1741
Joined  2007-10-22

Hey people even if the ossuary is from the time period of Harrod’s reign it still mean that the Biblical James was buried in it.  Jesus and James were as common of a name then as they are today.

Signature 

Gary the Human

All the Gods and all religions are created by humans, to meet human needs and accomplish human ends.

Posted: 08 September 2012 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

Their next step is to say that it was really Jesus, then they can run the DNA so they can claim they’ve determined the genetics of god. LOL  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 11 September 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Total Posts:  3024
Joined  2010-04-26

If they get the DNA of God, does that mean we can splice them into everyone’s genetic code to give us all superpowers?  That would be freaking sweet.  I call dibs on laser beam eyes!

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 11 September 2012 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Total Posts:  5187
Joined  2010-06-16

Damn, if you’re going to get that I’d better get the power to move at the speed of light (without air friction).  LOL

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 11 September 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  1805
Joined  2005-07-20

WORD, I’ll take His party powers… turning water into wine, miraculous loaves and fishes.  Party people, who wants to come to my party!  I’m friends with everyone, even the prostitutes, and I promise I will invite them!  And I won’t invite any damn Romans, only Jews.  Hell, I even hang-out with Lucifer sometimes, and you know that that party animal will come with a few of his minions! LOL

[ Edited: 11 September 2012 12:26 PM by jump_in_the_pit ]
 Signature 

I saw a happy rainbow recently.

3 of 3