1 of 5
The earth was once flat !!
Posted: 18 July 2012 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-05-14

Greetings and warmest regards,

The voice in our head, you’ll hear it speaking and often singing a popular tune. Generally regarded to be part of your mind and often called the alter ego. Often it is incessant and bothersome when there are problems and troubles in your life. It is a voice you can’t switch off even if you try. You may try to stop it by thinking about something else but your thoughts are dragged back to the problem or trouble. It offers to resolve the conflict within your mind with no more information than can be drawn from your own knowledge and life experiences. People go about their lives never questioning and in complete acceptance of it being part of who they are.

Schizophrenia is a mental illness that has no cure. People with schizophrenia hear a voice or multiple voices, both on the inside or outside of their heads. These multiple voices are called hallucinations. Schizophrenia is often triggered by the use of psychedelic and hallucogenic drugs. The argument that all the people who use these drugs do not turn schizophrenic is valid to the point where and when, the schizophrenic has become aware that the voice in their head is not their own.

The person that has become aware of the voice in their head that is not their own, is either forced to comply with the general thinking of the masses that consider this voice to be part of who they are, their alter ego, or face the consequence of being labeled mentally ill and/or mentally unstable. I say forced to comply, because, it is a deliberate attempt to quell the awareness that the voice is not part of you and not your own.

If this awareness is persistent and the person does not comply with acceptance, this “illness” will now manifest in multiple voices and hallucinations, creating doubts about your sanity, both to yourself and for others. This happens for one reason and one reason alone, this “illness” does not want to be found out, wants to stay hidden, and wants everyone to believe it does not exist.

The more than frightening experience from the awareness of having someone beside yourself in your head, privy to all your thoughts and dark guilty secrets, thoughts and personal secrets that are constantly dragged back in your mind’s eye or vision along with the auditory hallucinations of multiple voices, to say the least is maddening. There is a war raging in your mind to try and control it, you fight to put away these dark thoughts and reminiscenes, and to stop the voices from speaking. Voluminous feelings of paranoia, guilt, fear and anger also seize you. People thus affected will now opt for either medical schizophrenic treatment or a demonic exorcism.
In cases of exorcisms and demonic possession, the church first determines if the person is mentally ill, before proceeding with the exorcism. It is my belief, that the amount of self control you can exert on yourself, while this war rages on in your head,  that will stop you from acting and behaving in a manner of a demonically possessed individual. People however; possess varying degrees of self control which is why you see different degrees of acting out (LOL). On a more serious note, the loss/inability of self control both in vocal and motor function allows the “illness” to manifest itself in you with strange voices and stranger behaviour.

Demonic Exorcisms like medical Schizophrenic treatment offer no permanent cure to the “illness”. Exorcisms are administered multiple times, the ordeal being so scary and traumatic to the individual suffering the ‘illness” that they are now willing to drop the awareness of there being someone else in their head, and/or like medical schizophrenic treatment, learn to live peaceably with it.

It is at this stage i.e. ” drop the awareness of there being someone else in your head and learn to live peaceably with it ” that the war in your mind ceases, there are no more traumatic flashes of guilt in your mind, and although the individual continues to hear a voice or voices, there are no accompanied feelings of paranoia, guilt, fear and anger. 

My inference therefore is:

This “illness” is an omnipresent being in us all, a singularity that lives on this planet, a being whose greatest trick has been to deceive us all into believing it does not exist.
Schizophrenia and demonic possession, are but the tools used by this being, this alter ego that exists in us all, to mask and hide itself. If discovered it will cause not only you but others to question your sanity and scare you into the submission of non awareness.
In the sane and normal person it offers no more information than can be drawn from your own knowledge and life experiences because to to do otherwise would raise suspicion of someone other than yourself existing in your own head.

To all skeptics I say “prove to me that it is not” and to remind you, humanity once thought the earth was flat. tongue wink

[ Edited: 20 May 2013 04:17 AM by Gordon ]
 Signature 

Atheism - The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason,  creating everything which magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.  Makes perfect sense.

Posted: 18 July 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2220
Joined  2007-04-26

Blah Blah Blah..I have a better suggestion. Prove to us that it IS

Signature 

For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, obvious,.... and just plain wrong

Posted: 18 July 2012 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3063
Joined  2010-04-26

The Earth isn’t flat, you turd.  It’s concave.  Get your facts right.  Haven’t you ever heard of cellular cosmogony?

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 18 July 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1201
Joined  2009-05-10

How do you know your brain isn’t just acting up

Signature 

“What people do is they confuse cynicism with skepticism. Cynicism is ‘you can’t change anything, everything sucks, there’s no point to anything.’ Skepticism is, ‘well, I’m not so sure.’” -Bill Nye

Posted: 18 July 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-07-13
Gordon - 18 July 2012 09:30 AM

To all skeptics I say “prove to me that it is not” and to remind you, humanity once thought the earth was flat.

Attaching a non sequitur to a challenge cannot save the challenge from being totally lame.

It is not the duty of a nonbeliever to prove the existence of what you’re proposing.  It’s you who have to prove it to us.  Taking the lazy approach you have taken, where others do all the heavy lifting, will surely result in you getting schooled in logic or debate, or, more likely, ignored.

There is an invisible blue orangutan wearing scuba gear and eating fruitcake hovering over my left shoulder at all times.  Please refute this.  But remember, humanity used to believe that the sun revolved around the earth (checkmate!!).

Signature 

It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.  Edmund Way Teale, Circle of the Seasons

Posted: 19 July 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  4850
Joined  2007-10-05
3point14rat - 18 July 2012 11:13 AM

There is an invisible blue orangutan wearing scuba gear and eating fruitcake hovering over my left shoulder at all times.  Please refute this.  But remember, humanity used to believe that the sun revolved around the earth (checkmate!!).

Humanity also used to believe in demonic forces seeking to control our lives. Now we have medications to control the voices.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 19 July 2012 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  292
Joined  2011-09-13

The voice in our head, you’ll hear it speaking and often singing a popular tune. Generally regarded to be part of your mind and often called the alter ego. Often it is incessant and bothersome when there are problems and troubles in your life. It is a voice you can’t switch off even if you try. You may try to stop it by thinking about something else but your thoughts are dragged back to the problem or trouble. It offers to resolve the conflict within your mind with no more information than can be drawn from your own knowledge and life experiences. People go about their lives never questioning and in complete acceptance of it being part of who they are.

Schizophrenia is a mental illness that has no cure. People with schizophrenia hear a voice or multiple voices, both on the inside or outside of their heads. These multiple voices are called hallucinations. Schizophrenia is often triggered by the use of psychedelic and hallucogenic drugs. The argument that all the people who use these drugs do not turn schizophrenic is valid to the point where and when, the schizophrenic has become aware that the voice in their head is not their own.

The person that has become aware of the voice in their head that is not their own, is either forced to comply with the general thinking of the masses that consider this voice to be part of who they are, their alter ego, or face the consequence of being labeled mentally ill and/or mentally unstable. I say forced to comply, because, it is a deliberate attempt to quell the awareness that the voice is not part of you and not your own.

If this awareness is persistent and the person does not comply with acceptance, this “illness” will now manifest in multiple voices and hallucinations, creating doubts about your sanity, both to yourself and for others. This happens for one reason and one reason alone, this “illness” does not want to be found out, wants to stay hidden, and wants everyone to believe it does not exist.

The more than frightening experience from the awareness of having someone beside yourself in your head, privy to all your thoughts and dark guilty secrets, thoughts and personal secrets that are constantly dragged back in your mind’s eye or vision along with the auditory hallucinations of multiple voices, to say the least is maddening. There is a war raging in your mind to try and control it, you fight to put away these dark thoughts and reminiscenes, and to stop the voices from speaking. Voluminous feelings of paranoia, guilt, fear and anger also seize you. People thus affected will now opt for either medical schizophrenic treatment or a demonic exorcism.
In cases of exorcisms and demonic possession, the church first determines if the person is mentally ill, before proceeding with the exorcism. It is my belief, that the amount of self control you can exert on yourself, while this war rages on in your head,  that will stop you from acting and behaving in a manner of a demonically possessed individual. People however; possess varying degrees of self control which is why you see different degrees of acting out (LOL). On a more serious note, the loss/inability of self control both in vocal and motor function allows the “illness” to manifest itself in you with strange voices and stranger behaviour.

Demonic Exorcisms like medical Schizophrenic treatment offer no permanent cure to the “illness”. Exorcisms are administered multiple times, the ordeal being so scary and traumatic to the individual suffering the ‘illness” that they are now willing to drop the awareness of there being someone else in their head, and/or like medical schizophrenic treatment, learn to live peaceably with it.

It is at this stage i.e. ” drop the awareness of there being someone else in your head and learn to live peaceably with it ” that the war in your mind ceases, there are no more traumatic flashes of guilt in your mind, and although the individual continues to hear a voice or voices, there are no accompanied feelings of paranoia, guilt, fear and anger. 

My conclusions therefore are:

This “illness” is an omnipresent being in us all, a singularity that lives on this planet, a being whose greatest trick has been to deceive us all into believing it does not exist.
Schizophrenia and demonic possession, are but the tools used by this being, this alter ego that exists in us all, to mask and hide itself. If discovered it will cause not only you but others to question your sanity and scare you into the submission of non awareness.
In the sane and normal person it offers no more information than can be drawn from your own knowledge and life experiences because to to do otherwise would raise suspicion of someone other than yourself existing in your own head.

To all skeptics I say “prove to me that it is not” and to remind you, humanity once thought the earth was flat.

Take your meds and relax.  If you need additional medical assistance I a bottle of Wild turkey that could prove to be helpful.

Posted: 19 July 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  6135
Joined  2009-02-26

IMO, the best test if the voices come from inside or outside is electro shock. If afterward you still hear the voices they come from the outside. OTOH If they disappear, along with that part of the brain that was fried, it follows that the mind created these voices to begin with….. cheese

Up with electro shock! big surprise

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 19 July 2012 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2012-07-13
DarronS - 19 July 2012 07:37 AM
3point14rat - 18 July 2012 11:13 AM

Humanity also used to believe in demonic forces seeking to control our lives. Now we have medications to control the voices.

I feel sorry for people who have a mental issue that prevents them from seeing the world the way it is, and for some reason find conspiracies and supernatural ideas more compelling.  I can only imagine that my attempts at reasoning with them are no more likely to change their mind than their attempts to convince me.  Guys like this are so hard-wired in their thinking it’s almost a waste of time to deal with them.  But I take a stab at it anyways, just so they can’t claim ignorance.

There are folks out there that are able to be reasoned with, and they’re the ones that are interesting to talk to.

Signature 

It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.  Edmund Way Teale, Circle of the Seasons

Posted: 19 July 2012 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  3216
Joined  2011-08-15

I feel sorry for people who have a mental issue that prevents them from seeing the world the way it is, and for some reason find conspiracies and supernatural ideas more compelling.  I can only imagine that my attempts at reasoning with them are no more likely to change their mind than their attempts to convince me.  Guys like this are so hard-wired in their thinking it’s almost a waste of time to deal with them.  But I take a stab at it anyways, just so they can’t claim ignorance.

There are folks out there that are able to be reasoned with, and they’re the ones that are interesting to talk to.

Well, how do you feel about 9/11? I hear that the illuminati was behind it! A special death panel created by Donald Rumsfeld and Rush Limbaugh orchestrated the whole thing to give President Bush an excuse to sell arms to a secret Mexican drug cartel who used the money to fund the hijackers to destroy the towers as American secret paramilitary operatives detonated bombs hidden in the structures as they were being built in order to give the US military an excuse to build the F22 Raptor, the most expensive fighter in our arsenal to attack and systematically destroy the Muslim empire and bring all of Islam under our sway and use all of the oil for ourselves. Now I want to know who took the strawberries from the commissary and why am I twirling three steel balls in my right hand? rolleyes

Admiral Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

Posted: 19 July 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2009-02-26

It was the Holy Butler with the wave of a hand, of course.

Signature 

Art is the creation of that which evokes an emotional response, leading to thoughts of the noblest kind.
W4U

Posted: 20 July 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  7684
Joined  2008-04-11

First rule, when you make the exceptional claim, you must provide the proof!

Signature 

Church; where sheep congregate to worship a zombie on a stick that turns into a cracker on Sundays…

Posted: 20 July 2012 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2009-02-26
asanta - 20 July 2012 03:34 PM

First rule, when you make the exceptional claim, you must provide the proof!

I agree completely. But the problem lies in the common acceptance of an extraordinary idea, long before it is questioned. Then it is the questioner who must provide proof of his claim why it should be different from what everyone “knows” is the truth. To them your claim is the extraordinary one.
This is the problem with Theism. It was written long before science began to question its premise. And in a twisted way, it is not unusual to expect a theist to ‘give up his common beliefs in the extraordinary, without demanding proof” Fortunately science has and and continues to provide proof of their claims. But do not expect instant conversion.
Perhaps one might liken this to finding out (later in life) that you are not the natural child of your parents, but were adopted.

Signature 

W4U

Posted: 21 July 2012 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  975
Joined  2005-01-14

The way I understand it, our minds are actually made up of a big boiling stew of memes, all jostling for primary position.  The Consciousness, the “Me” that sits in there is just a supervisory program essentially, trying to make sense of it all.  So actually we have any number of “voices” in our heads at any given time.

Gordon, I noticed that you first joined this forum over a year ago.  Can I ask: What took you so long?

Posted: 21 July 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  5551
Joined  2010-06-16

Advocatus, you may want to go back and read Gordon’s Intro thread in May of 2011.  That may give you a partial answer to your quiestion.

Occam

Signature 

Succinctness, clarity’s core.

Posted: 21 July 2012 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  3216
Joined  2011-08-15

Advocatus, you may want to go back and read Gordon’s Intro thread in May of 2011.  That may give you a partial answer to your quiestion.

Occam

Holy crap! That is such a tangled sphagetti bowl, how could one possibly reply to it? No wonder Gordon’s second post was so airy! Just saying out of pure curiosity.

Cap’t Jack

Signature 

One good schoolmaster is of more use than a hundred priests.

Thomas Paine

1 of 5