One From The Irony Files: GOP Open-Sources Party Platform, Republican Voters Give Progressive Suggestions
Posted: 23 July 2012 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3054
Joined  2010-04-26

Link

Hahahahahahaha!  Man, I love irony.

Signature 

“In the end nature is horrific and teaches us nothing.” -Mutual of Omicron

Posted: 23 July 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2010-08-15
Dead Monky - 23 July 2012 09:37 AM

Link

Hahahahahahaha!  Man, I love irony.

Gosh ain’t that the truth.

And excuse me for being a spoiler, but this is too good not to share

Remove “Pro-Life” from the Party Platform
  It has been almost 40 years since Roe v. Wade, and regardless how we feel about it, it is firmly established as the law of the land. In my opinion, it is more important to save our country by preserving liberty (both economic and individual) than to dwell on the abortion issue. If we let our country be destroyed by the Democrats, the abortion issue will hardly matter anyway.

End All Subsidies
  End all energy subsidies (especially oil and gas), because they act as barriers to innovation. {...}

The Anti-War Party
  Bring home the troops and eliminate most basis in foreign countries. Don’t spread the military thin across the world. Declare war constitutionally through congress. Become the anti-war party. {...}

800 bases in 120 foriegn nations is too costly and not needed{...}

Banning Indefinite Detentions{...}

Avoid the topic of Same-Sex Marriage{...}

As it happens I just toured Robert R. McCormick’s Cantigny Garden and museum and mansion outside of Chicago.  The dude’s grandfather who bought the land and built the original mansion was one of the six founders of the Republican party and though most of you probably know this - it’s amazing to think that the Republican’s were once Lincoln’s party and progressive.

How far the great can fall.

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest

Posted: 24 July 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  786
Joined  2012-04-25

It’s really a testament to the conservatives power of messaging/propaganda, especially through Fox News.  Most Americans ARE in fact progressive, though they’d never label themselves that or liberal, etc. because Fox and cons in general have done such a great job of poisoning those words.

Posted: 26 July 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4350
Joined  2010-08-15
CuthbertJ - 24 July 2012 12:03 PM

It’s really a testament to the conservatives power of messaging/propaganda, especially through Fox News.  Most Americans ARE in fact progressive, though they’d never label themselves that or liberal, etc. because Fox and cons in general have done such a great job of poisoning those words.

... and human gullibility

Signature 

We need each other, to keep ourselves honest