Berea aura consultant is ‘tuned into the spirit realm’
Posted: 26 July 2012 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

From our local rag:

Joanna Juzwik, eyes closed, gestures with her hands as if wiping at an invisible dirty window.

In a way, she is. She is trying to move aside the psychic clutter and see an aura, the energy field that practitioners say surrounds the body and is invisible to the naked eye. This is what she does at her office at Berea Healing Arts, a collection of alternative health and wellness practices.

Juzwik is not a medium; she is not here to help you seek your late grandmother’s advice on your new boyfriend. She is careful to limit the energy she releases via an intricate series of grounding moves. At the end of the session she leans over from her chair and touches both palms to the ground as a way to move back into the moment.

And it’s all downhill from there. I don’t expect every local hack to be Joe Nickell, but for the love of Zeus, couldn’t she ask at least one skeptical question? Passing this shit off as journalism is completely irresponsible.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/07/24/2268530/berea-aura-consultant-is-tuned.html

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell

Posted: 01 August 2012 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  4849
Joined  2007-10-05

I agree this is irresponsible journalism. At least the comments are skeptical.

Signature 

You cannot have a rational conversation with someone who holds irrational beliefs.

Posted: 01 August 2012 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2011-08-01

Yep. Usually I just get depressed reading comments on news articles so I skip them. This time the commenters showed much more intelligence than the author of the story.

Signature 

Free in Kentucky
—Humanist
“I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.”—Edith Sitwell